Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-08-2019, 04:13 PM   #21
TorqueDog
#1 Goaltender
 
TorqueDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

We had someone literally tail a "suspicious van with 'race car tires'"(lol) down Crowchild because they alleged they were 'casing the neighbourhood'. That ended up being a family who lived nearby looking for their lost dog.

We've had people post pictures of people sitting in trucks outside of houses saying that they're up to no good (one notable quote was "I smell a scumbag!") and it ended up being someone's general contractor. His window was open, his face was clearly visible, and it was the middle of the day. This happened twice, actually, two different contractors. One of them was because a black Ford F150 was caught stealing bicycles from an unlocked garage a few nights prior. Of course, the F150 has also historically been the highest selling vehicle in the country, and in Calgary you can barely look outside without seeing one (and black is a very popular colour for vehicles and trucks especially), mathematically making this a ridiculous thing to report. But again, fear over common sense.

Someone else reported a suspicious character walking down a backlane, wearing a hoodie and backpack. It was someone's teenaged kid walking home from school.

These groups as they were imagined are a great idea, but in practice they sow the seeds of division and paranoia, needlessly raise people's anxieties about stupid s--t, pit people against each other, and I think are overall a net-negative.
__________________
If the Flames are playing, GO FLAMES GO.
If the Jets are playing, GO JE-... nm, ғ**ĸ the Jets.
GO FLAMES GO.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:57 PM   #22
#-3
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
So this is exactly like...FB neighborhood groups?
came to post this
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:00 AM   #23
Hes
Eye Guy
 
Hes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
We had someone literally tail a "suspicious van with 'race car tires'"(lol) down Crowchild because they alleged they were 'casing the neighbourhood'. That ended up being a family who lived nearby looking for their lost dog.

We've had people post pictures of people sitting in trucks outside of houses saying that they're up to no good (one notable quote was "I smell a scumbag!") and it ended up being someone's general contractor. His window was open, his face was clearly visible, and it was the middle of the day. This happened twice, actually, two different contractors. One of them was because a black Ford F150 was caught stealing bicycles from an unlocked garage a few nights prior. Of course, the F150 has also historically been the highest selling vehicle in the country, and in Calgary you can barely look outside without seeing one (and black is a very popular colour for vehicles and trucks especially), mathematically making this a ridiculous thing to report. But again, fear over common sense.

Someone else reported a suspicious character walking down a backlane, wearing a hoodie and backpack. It was someone's teenaged kid walking home from school.

These groups as they were imagined are a great idea, but in practice they sow the seeds of division and paranoia, needlessly raise people's anxieties about stupid s--t, pit people against each other, and I think are overall a net-negative.
Think you are in my community. Although we are moving this weekend to Silver Bonavista.

Best moment was when someone complained about a dog peeing on her front yard like the owner could do something about it.
Hes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:16 AM   #24
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
Think you are in my community. Although we are moving this weekend to Silver Bonavista.

Best moment was when someone complained about a dog peeing on her front yard like the owner could do something about it.
Well, in theory they could... or am I missing something?
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 8 Ball For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 10:53 AM   #25
TorqueDog
#1 Goaltender
 
TorqueDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

Hes, I sure am, I remember the dog pee post as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
Well, in theory they could... or am I missing something?
Dog droppings you can pick up, but with dog pee, thereís not much you can do. When a dog has been trained only to do its business outside on grass, they pretty much pick their spots and you have a small window of time and area in which to move the dog to another spot. Especially when it is marking behaviour, then itís even quicker still. Iím certain this person would have much preferred the dog pee on the sidewalk in front of their house instead.
__________________
If the Flames are playing, GO FLAMES GO.
If the Jets are playing, GO JE-... nm, ғ**ĸ the Jets.
GO FLAMES GO.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:10 AM   #26
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Exp:
Default

I own a dog. I would never let her pee or poo on someone's property. The notion that it's unavoidable is preposterous.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 8 Ball For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 11:21 AM   #27
TorqueDog
#1 Goaltender
 
TorqueDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

Good thing no one said it’s unavoidable. But when it happens, it happens. Dog poo, you pick up. Dog pee, you can’t do anything about after the fact. That was kind of the point.
__________________
If the Flames are playing, GO FLAMES GO.
If the Jets are playing, GO JE-... nm, ғ**ĸ the Jets.
GO FLAMES GO.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:33 AM   #28
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Good thing no one said itís unavoidable. But when it happens, it happens. Dog poo, you pick up. Dog pee, you canít do anything about after the fact. That was kind of the point.
Shouldn't happen was my point.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8 Ball For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #29
TorqueDog
#1 Goaltender
 
TorqueDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
Shouldn't happen was my point.
But when it does, it's a little unhinged to go make it into a massive ordeal on the community Facebook page, which mercifully brings us back to what the thread is actually about.
__________________
If the Flames are playing, GO FLAMES GO.
If the Jets are playing, GO JE-... nm, ғ**ĸ the Jets.
GO FLAMES GO.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:53 PM   #30
Twitchy15
Draft Pick
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Calgary
Default

Yeah it shouldn’t happen if my dog starts to pee or poo I move it off another persons lawn.

Pisses me off when I find bear sized #### on my front lawn.
Twitchy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cat turds , nextdoor , nimby , teenagers , thugs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:02 AM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016