KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:26 AM   #102
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Thought so.

At this point it isn't just that Becky is the most over woman on the roster, it's that she could be arguably the most over person period. It's a shame that WWE can't get out of their own way on things like this, and will try and fight this tooth and nail because some dumb #### like Dunn doesn't like her accent.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:30 AM   #103
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Taken from reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...direction_for/

According to a source:

Quote:
In Post Wrestling’s review of SD tonight, John Pollock mentioned that after the show he heard from someone in the company that after the response to Becky last week they have changed direction.

He says that going forward they don’t want to portray it as a defined face and heel. Rather, they want it to just be two ex-friends who both have valid reasons why they are against one another and neither will back down from the other.

He made it sound like Becky will be portrayed more as an anti-hero than an outright heel going forward.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:29 PM   #104
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
Taken from reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...direction_for/

According to a source:

Which doesn't mean that they are doing the smart thing and strapping Charlotte's rocket to the top on to Becky. Charlotte is still going over, they're just not going to bother trying to get Becky booed while doing it.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:33 PM   #105
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
last nights numbers are the same

8 pm hour – 3.076 million
9 pm hour – 2.927 million
10 pm hour + overrun – 2.630 million

Read more at http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone...xMux1qp6DJV.99

So even with a main event of Dolph and McIntyre vs Strowman and Reigns, people tuned out,

So that's two weeks in a row when Roman's theme music hits people tune out.

I think it will be interesting to see what the buy rate is for Hell in a Cell and the Raw afterwards.

But Reigns won't last long as a Champ if he isn't drawing money and viewers
Pretty sure the 3rd hour is the lowest rated every week
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:20 PM   #106
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

Still can't believe that Fox paid that much for ####ty ratings like this. How is WWE programming worth this much? How is the WWE making money hand over fist with poor ratings? WCW in their dying days was still pulling 2-3 million viewers and they went under (of course due to many factors). In those days though, people laughed and snickered at those ratings as being abysmal. Funny how today 3-3.5 is considered exceptionally strong.

I remember episodes of Nitro and Raw that were pulling in anywhere from 5 to 8 million viewers EACH!
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:31 PM   #107
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Monday night war ratings

http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/M...t_Wars_Ratings

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:51 PM   #108
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Familia View Post
Still can't believe that Fox paid that much for ####ty ratings like this. How is WWE programming worth this much? How is the WWE making money hand over fist with poor ratings? WCW in their dying days was still pulling 2-3 million viewers and they went under (of course due to many factors). In those days though, people laughed and snickered at those ratings as being abysmal. Funny how today 3-3.5 is considered exceptionally strong.

I remember episodes of Nitro and Raw that were pulling in anywhere from 5 to 8 million viewers EACH!
You're talking about two completely different environments. You have to account for streaming and other methods of media consumption these days, not to mention more channels, programming, etc.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2018, 07:23 PM   #109
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks for posting those ratings...Wow, January 4, 1999 just shy of 11 million viewers tuned into Raw and Nitro. 5.7 for Raw and 5 for Nitro. Also see that Raw pulled in an 8.1 that’s insane! Ratings like that will never be seen again.
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:51 PM   #110
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

After watching All In today...Raw is definitely going to be a downer
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:54 PM   #111
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t like the Bella twins
Old 09-03-2018, 10:10 PM   #112
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

You know, its amazing to me how far down the Raw woman's division has really fallen to being really lackluster, and you guys know me by now, I like Woman's Wrestling, I think its great that they're actually part of the card instead of side shows.

But realistically there are only two woman in the Woman's division that are money.

When Paul Heyman was on the Stone Cold Podcast, he said whatever you do, whatever you book, however you promote, the question has to be "Where's the money"

I get that the Bella's sell a ton of merchandise, and they are the most well known woman outside of Ronda Rousey, but frankly they can't athletically keep up with the Evolution woman's division. Watching that match when Brie attempted that suicide dive, I thought she was going to die, and she was lucky that Logan and Riott were on the ball, because she caught her ankles on the ropes and almost went face first into the floor.

But back to the only two woman that are worth money right now.

1. Obviously Rousey, but lets be honest, I said that she would usher in a new type of woman's wrestler that came from the MMA background. If you watch Bazler in NXT, nobody can really keep up with her style wise except for some of the hardened girls from Japan. I was watching a video where Bazler was showing how she would do the sharpshooter, and it looked athentically usable, and she could put it on in a hurry and make it look painful.

2. Alexa Bliss. she gets criticized for her in ring work, but honestly, she's like the female version of the Miz. She's got that rare talent that she just plain understands how this business works and how to generate heat. She had the crowd eating out of her hand tonight. She's the villain that is needed to make a match that is cared about.

But you look at the other woman.

The Riot Squad, I like Liv Morgan, she's got a ton of personality, I like Logan, I think she's an under rated worker. But they are just way to green and Riott's work looks god awful and clumsy.

Sasha and Bayley - I honestly don't care about them at all anymore. In fact they're doing the same match all the time and I think that their in ring work has suffered. They were also killed by what could have been an awesome turn by Bayley, which made me not care anymore.

Alicia Fox - I've seen her at house shows, and she is one of the most physically gifted performers in that division. When she's allowed to she wrestles like a guy.

Micky James - I love Mickey but she's nothing

Nattie - Again mad respect for Nattie, but her latest run as the best buddy of Rousey does make her Ronda's house cat. There's nobody that understands how to put together a match like her, and I expect that when she retires, she's going straight to the performance center. But she's a solid C+ player.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:13 PM   #113
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

So which wrestler will get fired after tonight's beatdown, and help Team WWE The Shield beat Team Nexus RAW Heels at Super Show-Down or Survivor Series?
Old 09-03-2018, 10:36 PM   #114
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
So which wrestler will get fired after tonight's beatdown, and help Team WWE The Shield beat Team Nexus RAW Heels at Super Show-Down or Survivor Series?

You're missing the obvious here. For a few weeks this super heel faction beats down the brave heroic shield. And then we hear rumors or a leader and its not Braun or Dolph.

then they roll out and beat up Reigns and rip his shirt off and spray paint some letters then the leaders come out

Old 09-03-2018, 10:50 PM   #115
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brie mode lol

Wow
Old 09-03-2018, 10:55 PM   #116
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Like anyone without the last name bella, or married to daniel Bryan

Both those dives are firable

Looks so bad too following all in, where outside the two last matches, and the emotion of codys win, the women stole the show
Old 09-04-2018, 12:03 PM   #117
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm beginning to think that Raw is being written by someone with severe memory issues

Kevin Owens

- Buried by Strowman, covered in human poop by Strowman, tossed from on top of a cage by Strowman. Has a match and loses and emphatically quits. The WWE then goes through the effort of moving him to the Alumni section

Then one week later he's leading the charge to help Stowman against the Shield.

The Shield and Michael Cole

2 weeks ago, Strowman comes out to cash in the brief case, Then the field come out for no logical reason and they three on one Strowman.

Cole - "Oh my god its the Shield, I have goose bump"

Then last week, Strowman introduces his group and they beat down the Shield and Reigns.

Cole - "This is disgusting"

Then funnier story, last week, Strowman and his group pretty much manhandle the shield. This week, they need a 12 on three beating to handle the shield.

Sasha and Bayley - so after painstakingly building up some problems between these two, Bayley goes ballistic and destroys Banks, kneels over her and calls her a stupid %%%%. Then they have two sessions of friendship counseling after Angle spends months promoting that with him as a GM the WWE solves its problems in the ring. Then Sasha and Bayley hug it out, and basically I think the WWE is trying to make us forget by completely depushing their former top Raw females.

So I would expect that Gargano and Ciampa when they're called up are going to meet in the ring, exchange intense stares and hug it out.

Here's a new one, Drake Maverick the face GM of 205 Live, is now the heel manager of the AOP while staying as the face manager of 205 live. Wouldn't have this been the perfect duel to put with Heyman.

When the WCW was rolling to its death, I was watching it because of how bad it was, to the point of ludicris. Yes, WCW was a great comedy tragedy in the end (If you don't believe me look up some of Psycho Sids Promo's. Or Booker T's brother, or Scott Steiners).

I'm beginning to feel this way about WWE, that its nonsensical booking and their sheer determination to get Roman overhave become great comedy.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:49 PM   #118
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

My guess is the difference here is that Vince is actually just going crazy and senile at this point.

The K.O. thing is just unforgivable.

They closed out the show with him quitting, and made a big thing about it, only to make no mention of it this week. Just ridiculous.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:25 PM   #119
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Like I said WWE is rapidly becoming WCW lite.

When Bill Goldberg came back from that injury where he put his hand through a car window, the WCW had basically burned out the audience with its booking and title hotshots, and they thought that Goldberg would be the answer to their dreams. But they booked him as the undefeatable destroyer again, but the audience turned on him, and then stopped caring about him. So then they did the WCW thing where they were flipping him every other show.

Right now we're in the stage with reigns where Vince and HHH(Reigns is a big time HHH guy). are desparately trying to get the audience on his side. First with the shield re-union, then with the turn of the most over guy on their roster to beat down Reigns. Then a half roster beat down by the shield.

The smart move would be to play up the injuries and have the shield out to Hell at a Cell. But they won't do that, next Monday, Reigns will come out and call himself the big dog 10 times and proclaim that this is his yard and superman punch half of the roster into the Ocean.

But you watch, right now its kind of fun for the audience to boo Reigns, but that's going to get tired at some point, and the audience figuring out that Reigns is going to be the Champ for a long time, will just stop showing up.

Then the panic will begin and we'll see more title changes then a baton pass in a 4x100 relay race.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:38 PM   #120
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know who the puppet master is for the "Bad Guy" Faction. It's Curt Angle. The Shield is the McMahon juggernaught. and Stromans been Angles attack dog since survivor series last year. Incidentally who got screwed over by HHH? Angle and Stroman.

If the writers had a brain, this is where it ends up.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote