Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-24-2018, 09:44 PM   #4321
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

couple smaller ones but;

1) holding a door open for somebody and they take their sweet time to get there and go through... sometimes it's just an awkward distance away where you probably should hold it for somebody, but they're kinda far too......... then as you wait they just take their leisurely time. Like ok buddy... you're not royalty. This GG gets magnified with no thank you and;

b) When elevator doors open and you wait for the ladies to get on first. But they are timid and just stand there. And then it's this weird Mexican stand off of politeness. GG magnified if there is like 8 people waiting for an elevator and the women just stand around. Get the fata on already!
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:50 PM   #4322
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

a) don't hold the door for me and expect me to move faster. I'll always thank you but I see know reason I should hury up becuase you feel you are doing me a favour. Just give the door a big outward push to give me a chance to catch it if I choose to.

B) The closest to the door gets on first. This is no chivalry in elevators and the doors are wide enough to fit two people in at the same time
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2018, 10:00 PM   #4323
ASP#26525
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Wow, I'm honestly shocked at the amount of people that actually laughed at the death of that poor pig. I didn't realize I was writing on a forum with such heartless people. Thanks for the headsup.
ASP#26525 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ASP#26525 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2018, 10:28 PM   #4324
Harry Lime
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So, down in the parking lot at Peter's, because we haven't been there in a while. There are maybe ten cars in the front of the lot, and two in the second half of the lot, so we park there to eat our burgers, just to have a little breathing room. Kids are running out of cars to throw away wrappers, people walking across to get to the walk-up window.

Turns out that the sliver mini-van about four spaces down is dealing drugs out of the back hatch. It took a couple of cars driving up, the hatch opening, the hatch closing, and the car driving away, before I caught on to what was happening.

Two things bothered me. The first was that this was done in such a public place, and because of the steady rythym of visiting cars, a regular thing. Everything except these guys, out there at Peters, was so G rated. The second was the cheesy incompetence of it all. As I drove out to eat elsewhere, I glanced over and they were using tires in the back of the van as 'unbeatable cover'. They might as well had a sign out. And they looked like they thought they were outwitting Stallone in an 80s movie. They probably had a belt of grenades in the passenger seat, because they thought that was how they were supposed to roll.

Oh, yeah, and the fries were freezer burned.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:53 AM   #4325
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
So, down in the parking lot at Peter's, because we haven't been there in a while. There are maybe ten cars in the front of the lot, and two in the second half of the lot, so we park there to eat our burgers, just to have a little breathing room. Kids are running out of cars to throw away wrappers, people walking across to get to the walk-up window.

Turns out that the sliver mini-van about four spaces down is dealing drugs out of the back hatch. It took a couple of cars driving up, the hatch opening, the hatch closing, and the car driving away, before I caught on to what was happening.

Two things bothered me. The first was that this was done in such a public place, and because of the steady rythym of visiting cars, a regular thing. Everything except these guys, out there at Peters, was so G rated. The second was the cheesy incompetence of it all. As I drove out to eat elsewhere, I glanced over and they were using tires in the back of the van as 'unbeatable cover'. They might as well had a sign out. And they looked like they thought they were outwitting Stallone in an 80s movie. They probably had a belt of grenades in the passenger seat, because they thought that was how they were supposed to roll.

How do you know it was drugs? We buy our dog bones from a similar situation in the extra foods parking lot. I would assume it wasn't drugs if it was done like that.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:37 AM   #4326
Amethyst
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
How do you know it was drugs? We buy our dog bones from a similar situation in the extra foods parking lot. I would assume it wasn't drugs if it was done like that.
I just had a similar "deal" last night at the cell phone waiting lot at the airport - giving some donated dog food to a foster home for a dog rescue. (They had to be at the airport and I live nearby.)
Amethyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:44 AM   #4327
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:

Are you sure they weren't selling tires on kijiji? Do you really think that drug dealers are so dumb, that they open the hatch of a minivan to do the transaction? Have you ever seen drugs? They're not the size of tires, they're in little baggies or flaps. They do not require opening the hatch of a mini van. lol. You stopped mid burger and "drove to eat elsewhere" to get away from these scalawags? Come on, dude. Drug dealers in minivans using the hatch to sell their wares, in broad enough daylight that there are kiddies running to put trash in the can? lol.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2018, 11:41 AM   #4328
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thatís kind of funny. I now wonder if some of my Kijiji transactions in public places were looked at as drug deals.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:43 AM   #4329
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm now suspicious of any CP meet-ups.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:06 PM   #4330
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

That's hilarious that someone thought a dude was purposely making multiple drug deals in the same public space by literally getting out and opening his trunk in front of everyone with each new customer.

It was probably kijiji or online sales with customers being told to come to the same place at around the same time for efficiency. That is incredibly common now a days. They purposely do it in large public areas with lots of eyes for customer and consumer safety.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:24 PM   #4331
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
That's hilarious that someone thought a dude was purposely making multiple drug deals in the same public space by literally getting out and opening his trunk in front of everyone with each new customer.

It was probably kijiji or online sales with customers being told to come to the same place at around the same time for efficiency. That is incredibly common now a days. They purposely do it in large public areas with lots of eyes for customer and consumer safety.
People frequently love to immediately assume the worst of others. "You see what you look for..."
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:40 PM   #4332
Harry Lime
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Heavy weed smell. Three guys huddled around as I drove by, one with his head in a tire, smoke creeping out the sides. It could be that the other cars left because the tire seller guy refused to let anyone take the tires out to roll them. Or it was a bad customer who forced his head into a tire and refused to take it out until he was done smoking.

I could have been a kijiji kibble transaction. People might stick their heads in tires for those. I don't own a dog, so I don't know.

Reversing out of a spot, driving out at parking lot speed, over the shoulder glance. That seems like a long time to have your head in a tire.

Maybe it was nothing. But it's going to be hard to sell the tires to the next car, with all of the smoke and no willingness to take the tires out to let it escape.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:58 PM   #4333
Aeneas
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Thatís kind of funny. I now wonder if some of my Kijiji transactions in public places were looked at as drug deals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I'm now suspicious of any CP meet-ups.
I once met a CPer to sell Flames tickets in front of the Crack Mac's.
Not suspicious looking at all.

I handed him an envelope, he handed me a wad of cash.

Think it might have been SebC.

sig courtesy alltherage
Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:10 PM   #4334
81MC
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Why the hell can drivers not assess time/space worth ####? There’s exactly two active cars on a narrow residential street, one coming towards the other which is wanting to pull away from the curb. Why would you not wait the extra 2 seconds for the oncoming vehicle to pass before pulling out? Instead, the vehicle is now positioned so that it is taking up as much room as it will need to get out at the *exact* same time the incoming vehicle is beside it. Or when making a tight right turn, I see people wait just long enough so when they take the turn, it’s at the very moment the car in the other lane will be in the extra space most of the goofballs will need because they turn too wide to begin with.
Like the people who change lanes when there’s slush all over the roads the moment -before- passing a stopped vehicle in the shoulder. Sure, technically not a violation at all, it the simplest risk avoidance strategies should be a normal part of your driving thought process, not some random abstraction you never think about.
/end rant
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:46 AM   #4335
GordonBlue
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASP#26525 View Post
Wow, I'm honestly shocked at the amount of people that actually laughed at the death of that poor pig. I didn't realize I was writing on a forum with such heartless people. Thanks for the headsup.
I'm not really laughing at the death of a pig, but at the whole situation.
I feel bad time and money was spent to make sure a pet got a new home. but since to me pigs are food, I couldn't help but laugh a bit that the pig was dinner.
gotta find the light in the darkness.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2018, 08:31 AM   #4336
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I heard you can buy homemade bacon from the back of minivans in burger joint parking lots
Old 02-26-2018, 04:14 PM   #4337
calgarygeologist
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Fedex better bring me my package today. Anyone know how late the delivery drivers work?
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:16 PM   #4338
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haven't used Amazon for awhile so the site has to send me a verification code. It takes forever to come and when I finally receive and enter the code it's timed me out.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:20 PM   #4339
GordonBlue
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Medicentres grind my gears.
Hate having to go to one
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:25 PM   #4340
Sliver
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
Medicentres grind my gears.
Hate having to go to one
Go to the Walmart in deerfoot meadows. Worst case scenario you wait three minutes.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firegilbert did it , i blame mmf , mib , version 4? , what happened?