Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-13-2018, 09:49 AM   #1
Igotnothing
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default Laptop Power

I'm currently working overseas and the electricity is 220v. I bought a gaming laptop in north america but given the power brick supports 220v, everything seems fine with a plug adapter.

However, I have noticed while gaming a bit more intensely, PUBG or Battletech etc, I noticed that my battery isn't at full power after that gaming. I had kind of figured that being plugged in would mean my battery would have no load. Any insight into why this would be?
Igotnothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:55 AM   #2
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Sounds like the adapter might not be able to provide quite enough power to the laptop when it's under maximum load so it uses the battery a bit. As long as it's not inconvenient it isn't really a problem.

It could be an actual problem with the power adapter (though that seems unlikely to me), or it could be that whatever they do to make it accept 220V isn't as efficient and results in not quite as much power available to the laptop.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:39 PM   #3
Igotnothing
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I understand computers, mostly, but this is my first laptop so it's all pretty new to me. Thanks for your input.

I was debating getting the generic cable that goes from the wall to the power brick in the same type C/F as what they use here. Maybe that would work better.
Igotnothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:10 AM   #4
jwslam
Scoring Winger

Exp:

If you game next time without the battery and experience throttling, then it's definitely the adapter
jwslam is offline   Reply With Quote