Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2024, 10:38 PM   #6401
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Punk confirms that he listens to Drive Thru and the Experience hahaha.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2024, 11:06 PM   #6402
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

This was probably the best RAW in the last 10+ years?

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Cuz
Old 03-25-2024, 11:10 PM   #6403
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I agree, I really enjoyed this Raw. WWE is definitely drawing me back in now. The ending felt like the late 90's!
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 06:34 AM   #6404
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

TKO isn't really shy of being more edgy, and the upcoming Netflix agreement will open up a bit more leeway in terms of the language and content they can do.

Wonder if HHH and the Rock are going to push for that a bit more now, as you already see it starting to show up more in the product.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:11 AM   #6405
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post

Yeah that might get the typical backstage heat. You can accidentally drop an Fbomb,or go off script, and you'll get yelled at, but then its over.

But there are probably a lot of people backstage with both companies that outright hate Jim Cornette.

Though on the latest drive through, I laughed my ass off at Cornette going off on the Miro Perry divorce because Miro apparently moved back to Bulgeria.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 10:59 AM   #6406
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Raw last night has me really tempted to go to Wrestlemania...
Old 03-26-2024, 11:00 AM   #6407
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
TKO isn't really shy of being more edgy, and the upcoming Netflix agreement will open up a bit more leeway in terms of the language and content they can do.

Wonder if HHH and the Rock are going to push for that a bit more now, as you already see it starting to show up more in the product.
I hope not. Part of what is making this current run feel so special is that you feel like it isn't the norm. You just feel like all these feuds are reaching a boiling point because these people legitimately hate each other.

I hope this level of pushing the kid-friendly limits with pure vitriol is not the norm.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 03-26-2024, 11:03 AM   #6408
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
I hope not. Part of what is making this current run feel so special is that you feel like it isn't the norm. You just feel like all these feuds are reaching a boiling point because these people legitimately hate each other.

I hope this level of pushing the kid-friendly limits with pure vitriol is not the norm.
Agree.

I mean more that they let the fueds build to that point and leverage it where required.

Don't think it gets to every fued or every week, but let the major stuff and long running stuff push the boundaries.
Old 03-26-2024, 11:13 AM   #6409
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

The ending was awesome. I worry that The Rock is overshadowing Roman in this feud, but does it matter... they can even build to a Rock/Cody singles match down the road (Summerslam?). That beatdown at the end of the show brought back some of the best memories of the Attitude Era.

They could even do Austin/Cody vs. Rock/Roman... imagine how huge that would be?
Old 03-26-2024, 11:48 AM   #6410
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why? What did he say that made it apparent?

That promo between the three of them was pure gold
albertGQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 11:51 AM   #6411
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The ending was awesome. I worry that The Rock is overshadowing Roman in this feud, but does it matter... they can even build to a Rock/Cody singles match down the road (Summerslam?). That beatdown at the end of the show brought back some of the best memories of the Attitude Era.

They could even do Austin/Cody vs. Rock/Roman... imagine how huge that would be?
I prefer this. I like the Tribal Chief better than the Big Dog, but I grew up in the Attitude Era. Loved The Rock than and love him now. All his promos on the road to Wrestlemania have been electrifying. Including his new intro

Loved how they advertised his return to Raw for next week and he showed up last night. I thought for sure, it was a swerve and he wasn't really there. There isn't too many surprises nowadays due to the internet but him showing up last night definitely surprised me
albertGQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 12:11 PM   #6412
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wrasslin/co...xperience_the/

I hope we can use links from Reddit.

The Following User Says Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2024, 12:41 PM   #6413
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love Jim Cornette. that man is an entertainer.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2024, 12:53 PM   #6414
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I love Jim Cornette. that man is an entertainer.

Jim Cornette is a wrasslin' encyclopedia who has amazing stories from the road and and is a great story teller when sharing this information of what happened in the ring and outside the ring through the 70s, 80s and early 90s. The information he relays to us about the past should be cherished by wrestling fans.

Jim Cornette is also a curmudgeon who says and does stupid things because his mindset never left 1988 and he firmly believes wrestling has suffered by growing up with the times around it. He's also a raging hypocrite who routinely gets mad at booking decisions as "breaking kayfabe" and "mocking the business" while they regularly mirror angles and storylines he himself booked in his multiple failed attempts at running a promotion.

I love a lot of his content, but for a guy who says he's quit the business and doesn't want to do anything else he sure seems to have a hard time with not working. He just never dropped his character and now I don't think he can because it's what his fans clamour for.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2024, 01:07 PM   #6415
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post

That promo was gold because it felt natural. When Punk and McIntyre were going back and force on the insult train, it just felt like they were working off of each other and the shots fired were spontaneous.

Even Rollings who at time comes across as really scripted didn't feel that way, and if the heat between him and Punk is real or not, you could feel it during the staredowns.

And I loved when Rollins music came on and Punks reaction to it.

I will say with Punk, the reason that I like him so much is he isn't cookie cutter on the mic.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 01:44 PM   #6416
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it will be ideal that Punk has 1-2 more years in the ring and takes over as a full time commentator. Also bring back Bryan when he's done with AEW for either a commentator or trainer role.
Old 03-26-2024, 02:41 PM   #6417
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think it will be ideal that Punk has 1-2 more years in the ring and takes over as a full time commentator. Also bring back Bryan when he's done with AEW for either a commentator or trainer role.
I don't think BD has any interest in that. From the sounds of things, he wants to be a mostly full-time dad who works a couple of dates per year.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 02:44 PM   #6418
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like that they're offering the triple-pack. It'll be interesting to see what the discount on that looks like.

EDIT: Looks like the if you buy the triple-pack, you get Forbidden door for $12 (USD) off.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/20...stream-triller

Quote:
Wrestling fans in the United States and Canada have reported intermittent issues with streaming AEW pay-per-views on Bleacher Report’s B/R Live service for years. Those issues became bad enough at the start of Revolution earlier this month that AEW made the show available for purchase on Triller TV (formerly known as Fite) during the broadcast.

And that’s something they’ll continue to do, at least in the U.S. for April’s Dynasty. The service — which has long been one of AEW’s international PPV partners and the home of “AEW Plus”, a monthly subscription package that provide access to Dynamite, Collision, and Rampage — made Dynasty available for U.S. customers today (Mar. 26).

Last edited by rubecube; 03-26-2024 at 02:54 PM.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 05:48 PM   #6419
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I don't think BD has any interest in that. From the sounds of things, he wants to be a mostly full-time dad who works a couple of dates per year.

He's also not a "great" trainer when that's his sole focus. Definitely a case of being the greatest doesn't make you the greatest teacher.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 03-26-2024, 06:20 PM   #6420
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Jim Cornette is a wrasslin' encyclopedia who has amazing stories from the road and and is a great story teller when sharing this information of what happened in the ring and outside the ring through the 70s, 80s and early 90s. The information he relays to us about the past should be cherished by wrestling fans.

Jim Cornette is also a curmudgeon who says and does stupid things because his mindset never left 1988 and he firmly believes wrestling has suffered by growing up with the times around it. He's also a raging hypocrite who routinely gets mad at booking decisions as "breaking kayfabe" and "mocking the business" while they regularly mirror angles and storylines he himself booked in his multiple failed attempts at running a promotion.

I love a lot of his content, but for a guy who says he's quit the business and doesn't want to do anything else he sure seems to have a hard time with not working. He just never dropped his character and now I don't think he can because it's what his fans clamour for.

With wrestling I don't really care about right or wrong. I care about entertainment, and Corny makes me laugh. Most of what he says is a work. He i a carny at heart and we are nothing but marks.

I would not be shocked if he and Meltzer are good friends who get heat for each other.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote