Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2016, 01:53 PM   #201
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post
I was going to rent this on demand to see how truly bad it really is.
Wait for Netflix. And its really, really long.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2016, 02:21 PM   #202
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

I avoided the second trailer before I saw the movie and I just watched the trailer today. So dumb. It gives away so much. The movie is better, in my opinion, not knowing all those things before you watch it. Anecdotal, but a couple people I talked to who hadn't seen the trailer that gave away the twist in the latest Terminator thought it was a better movie than I did (I saw the trailer before watching the movie).
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:24 PM   #203
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Old 07-20-2016, 03:14 PM   #204
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I finally saw this on my flight back from the UK. It was....boring. And pretty confusing for a storyline, though it becomes clearer in the second half when there is no story and it's just big fight scenes. I thought Gadot was pretty much the best of the 3 heroes, I think Affleck was fine but people are overrating his performance here because everyone else is a mess. Cavill can't act much, Adams is the same character as always, and I'm not sure if I can blame Eisenberg for Luthor. If thats the type of character they went with, Eisenberg nailed it, even if its a bad character. If they wanted something else, he blew it.

It was also odd seeing Alfred looking almost the same age as Bruce Wayne. Should have made Irons look older or Affleck younger, but Alfred looked like Bruce's brother and not an old man like Alfred should be. Might be better on second watch, but I thought it was pretty much a 5/10 movie.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:16 PM   #205
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I finally saw this on my flight back from the UK. It was....boring. And pretty confusing for a storyline, though it becomes clearer in the second half when there is no story and it's just big fight scenes. I thought Gadot was pretty much the best of the 3 heroes, I think Affleck was fine but people are overrating his performance here because everyone else is a mess. Cavill can't act much, Adams is the same character as always, and I'm not sure if I can blame Eisenberg for Luthor. If thats the type of character they went with, Eisenberg nailed it, even if its a bad character. If they wanted something else, he blew it.

It was also odd seeing Alfred looking almost the same age as Bruce Wayne. Should have made Irons look older or Affleck younger, but Alfred looked like Bruce's brother and not an old man like Alfred should be. Might be better on second watch, but I thought it was pretty much a 5/10 movie.
Wow. You're being very...generous.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 07-20-2016, 03:26 PM   #206
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I probably should have been harsher considering I watched Sicario right after. Now that is a ####ing great movie.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:30 PM   #207
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally watched this and it actually lived up to expectations. That is, it was actually as horrible as people said it would be.
Still coming to grips with that fact it wasn't a parody film. The music that comes on every time they show Wonder Woman was my favourite failure of the film.
Winsor_Pilates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:03 AM   #208
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

So not to beat the dead horse but I got around to watching this for the second time Sunday night and holy crap does this movie suck. I think I definitely had on my rose tinted glasses the first time to try and pull positives out... it is just a mess. I honestly hope we never see Eisenberg again, just brutal.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:45 AM   #209
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched the extended version last night. Wow....that was indeed hot garbage. Couple of questions:

1) May have been covered already but how did Luthor know the real identities of Batman and Superman?
2) The scene where Batman saved Clark's mom. What exactly did Batman do that Superman couldn't have? Lex laid out the rules, do anything other than what I say and your mom is dead basically. I could somewhat understand if he went in all stealthy and rescued her before the bad guys even knew he was there but he basically kicks in the front door, beats the snot out of everyone in sight and then takes out the guy holding the flamethrower to mom. So why didn't they just kill her when they knew the jig was up? And why could Superman not do this? Ya know, super fast and all?

Terrible movie. Really disappointing. Doomsday was nothing like the comics. That easily could have been a movie on its own. Only thing I kinda liked about the battle was the nod to the comics where Superman easily stops the first punch from Doomsday. Quickly followed by a kick from Doomsday that sends him flying through several buildings.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:39 PM   #210
oilyfan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I probably should have been harsher considering I watched Sicario right after. Now that is a ####ing great movie.
I have watched that movie twice and loved it both times. It reminds me of great crime movies like Heat or Seven that they don't seem to make any more.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:39 PM   #211
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
So not to beat the dead horse but I got around to watching this for the second time Sunday night and holy crap does this movie suck. I think I definitely had on my rose tinted glasses the first time to try and pull positives out... it is just a mess. I honestly hope we never see Eisenberg again, just brutal.
They are going to be trotting this movie out in Film schools across the world for the forseeable future.

They'll sit the kids down, make them read:

- Superman: Doomsday
- The Dark Knight Returns

And the show them this movie. It will be a case study for years to come on how not to make a movie.

Honestly, if the truth wasnt listed on Snyder's resume I'd have thought this was his very first movie.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:18 PM   #212
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alright folks. It's not a great movie but it's certainly not a historic abomination like everyone likes to hyperbolize.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2016, 03:29 PM   #213
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Watched the extended version last night. Wow....that was indeed hot garbage. Couple of questions:

1) May have been covered already but how did Luthor know the real identities of Batman and Superman?
I don't believe it was ever explained. The biggest plot hole I noticed was how Luthor and Batmans plan happened on the same night. Some amount of time went by as Batman prepared to take down Superman, he then sets his trap, at the same time Luthor kidnaps Supermans mom. Quite the coincidence those things happened the same night.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:32 PM   #214
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Alright folks. It's not a great movie but it's certainly not a historic abomination like everyone likes to hyperbolize.
Yeah compared to Fantastic 4, BVS is a masterpiece of the ages.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:37 PM   #215
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
But this is the internet cube so you gotta pile on. The biggest problem was the writing and a bunch of the directing. There wasn't any problems with the technical aspects of the movie and for the most part the acting was pretty good. It certainly wasn't a great movie, but it wasn't such a poorly made movie that people will be studying it.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:01 PM   #216
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
Yeah compared to Fantastic 4, BVS is a masterpiece of the ages.
Which one?

Old 07-26-2016, 05:03 PM   #217
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Which one?
The newest one of course. Or really all of them. I couldn't stand any of them.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:03 PM   #218
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
The newest one of course. Or really all of them. I couldn't stand any of them.
They were, objectively, all terrible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2016, 06:41 PM   #219
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel like I can honestly say I enjoyed F4 more than BvS. Probably because I don't care about F4 at all and think theyre boring anyways, and I actually really love Batman, and The dark Knight Returns. And they blew it.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:35 PM   #220
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No kidding. I actually liked it cuz I went in pretty much expecting the worst movie of all time.

It definitely wasn't great, but I enjoyed it more than that kids movie Star Wars TFA, starring an old, increasingly introverted & socially awkward man with no stage presence anymore trying to pretend he's the exact same personality & doing the same things as 30 years ago. God that was awkward to sit through. I LOVED those movies growing up too.

Last edited by Sainters7; 07-26-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote