Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 03:37 PM   #2761
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
How do you guys read; Section 107; rows 1-10 ?
$672?
Based on the colour coding, I'd agree with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arsenal14 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 03:39 PM   #2762
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Safe to say, I am pumped to buy season tickets. $416 for a one soccer subscription and 16 games is cheaper then the 1000 or so dollars I have spent chasing the Cavalry up and down the QEII. Not to mention the cost of travelling to MTL.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 03:59 PM   #2763
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Am I alone in thinking that asking for the full amount up front on a season ticket renewal before the previous season is even complete a bit unnecessary or even tacky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2019, 04:02 PM   #2764
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
Am I alone in thinking that asking for the full amount up front on a season ticket renewal before the previous season is even complete a bit unnecessary or even tacky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can still pay in installments.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cheevers For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 04:09 PM   #2765
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheevers View Post
I mean that is around a 25% increase in price to your most loyal and hardcore supporters group. I am sorry but that is unacceptable. This team just does not get it.
If anything, the team does get it.

Face the facts here. This is not a club run out of the goodness of their hearts. This is a business, which means they are there to make money. If you think any of the professional sports teams in Calgary are there to do otherwise, you are mistaken.

Not everyone in the supporters group is happy, but the majority are okay with it. Many of the people I talked to had mentioned that we thought the prices in section 200 were actually too low, and would have been willing to accept a price increase if it facilitated a decrease in ticket prices in the main grandstand, and a better atmosphere as a result.

Now, if we see 20% increases every year, then there is a problem.

What must also not be forgotten is the fact that in this 20% price increase, there is more included than in last year's package. I'm actually paying less than I did for the 16 games and OneSoccer subscription.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 04:16 PM   #2766
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
If anything, the team does get it.

Face the facts here. This is not a club run out of the goodness of their hearts. This is a business, which means they are there to make money. If you think any of the professional sports teams in Calgary are there to do otherwise, you are mistaken.

Not everyone in the supporters group is happy, but the majority are okay with it. Many of the people I talked to had mentioned that we thought the prices in section 200 were actually too low, and would have been willing to accept a price increase if it facilitated a decrease in ticket prices in the main grandstand, and a better atmosphere as a result.

Now, if we see 20% increases every year, then there is a problem.

What must also not be forgotten is the fact that in this 20% price increase, there is more included than in last year's package. I'm actually paying less than I did for the 16 games and OneSoccer subscription.
The way I see it, if someone doesn't want their tickets at that price I'll gladly take em.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 04:44 PM   #2767
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
The way I see it, if someone doesn't want their tickets at that price I'll gladly take em.
They'll be gone for sure and if anything they should expand the supporters section by another section IMO.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #2768
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm a hardcore supporter and will gladly snap up any 200 section season tickets that someone else drops. The price for seasons is PEANUTS when measured up against the quality of sport / fun factor this team brings. It's damn good value. I've spent more at the strippers during a random drunken bender than the entire cost of season tickets for the Cavs!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 05:02 PM   #2769
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

No complaints from me on the higher price in the 200s. The value is still fantastic IMO. I'll be renewing for sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 05:06 PM   #2770
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

As one of the most vocal critics of pricing, I feel obligated to chime in. This is a reasonable correction and is much more in line with the market, the level of play, other clubs in the league, etc. This will do a lot to fix the main issue that has been plaguing attendance: middle sections sitting empty at 80, 90, 100 while the ends, corners, etc. were nicely filled.

The net benefit will be more people in the stands, and once you factor in concessions and merch, they'll be be coming out way ahead even after cutting prices.

I can understand the criticism of increasing prices in the 200s, but still think that the increased price is still very low and provides tremendous value. If anything, those tickets were (and I can't believe I am saying it), a little underpriced. Like Sherm says, if it was year after year, there would be reason to be upset. But they brought the top down a lot, and the bottom up a little, and I think it strikes a reasonable balance.

I don't see any prices that are laughably out of touch, which is a stark contrast from what I saw when the inaugural season prices were announced.

Full credit to the club for recognizing their blunder and fixing it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 05:08 PM   #2771
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

One thing worth mentioning is that the ownership group has clearly been committed to investing money back into the team, what with the improvements in staff, venue and most importantly the quality of talent. It isn't like this money is evaporating and leaving fans ripped off.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 05:37 PM   #2772
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Y'all mother####ers made me make a spreadsheet...

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 05:48 PM   #2773
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I like the way they split the pricing for next year. And yes, I am going to brag that I basically called exactly that back in June: https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...postcount=1276

So, hi whoever is reading this thread from Spruce Meadows!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 06:48 PM   #2774
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Edit: I see parking passes are $147

Is the Canada House Mess Hall worth it?

Last edited by Kipper is King; 10-17-2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:28 PM   #2775
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

One thing I don't recall seeing before is it says officers club will get a ticket in 105 included. That makes sense to me (the people paying the most money get the best view) but I don't think that was the case this year, correct?
Old 10-17-2019, 11:01 PM   #2776
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
One thing I don't recall seeing before is it says officers club will get a ticket in 105 included. That makes sense to me (the people paying the most money get the best view) but I don't think that was the case this year, correct?
I was thinking the same thing, but the view from that balcony would be terrible.

"Jeeves, I just dropped my monocle into my champagne in disbelief! Are those men yonder engaged in a game of association football?"
Old 10-18-2019, 07:57 AM   #2777
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Every time I walk by the Officers Club I cannot believe people would sit there and watch a game.

I know I've seen Mango hanging out there before games a few times. Do you watch the game from there as well?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 08:08 AM   #2778
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

There are people who have Flames season tickets just to go sit in one of the bars.

Some people are weird.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 08:16 AM   #2779
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Every time I walk by the Officers Club I cannot believe people would sit there and watch a game.

I know I've seen Mango hanging out there before games a few times. Do you watch the game from there as well?
When I bought my tickets I talked to the rep about the various options. He described that as the place to have some drinks with clients and not really watch the game. It was more for a business-hosting kind of setup and for me personally, that has zero appeal.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:18 AM   #2780
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can understand the Officers club for hobnobbing and then going to a seat (even if it is all the way around the pitch). But just staying there the whole time? The caviar must be splendid, because the view sure isn't.

If someone is willing to pay for that experience, then by all means take their money.
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge