Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 08:18 AM   #1
FlameFan21
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default Flames @ Kings | 8:00 PM MT - CBC/SNET/SN360, FAN960

Old 11-10-2018, 08:33 AM   #2
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tkachuk should be chirping the last place Kings and Doughty tonight. Should be a fun one to watch. I predict 5-2 Flames.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:51 AM   #3
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Hmmm ....

https://twitter.com/user/status/1061266578090557440
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #4
crapshoot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Based on how this season is going this is a game that the Flames should just win. That is always making me nervous, but I really hope they show up with some swagger in their game tonight and skate circles around this kings team. If we are to become contenders we can't keep dropping games like the one in Anaheim, and seeing how the Wild just walked all over the Ducks made it even more annoying the way we lost. It's time for this team to take charge and win games that should be won consistently.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:11 AM   #5
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapshoot View Post
Based on how this season is going this is a game that the Flames should just win. That is always making me nervous, but I really hope they show up with some swagger in their game tonight and skate circles around this kings team. If we are to become contenders we can't keep dropping games like the one in Anaheim, and seeing how the Wild just walked all over the Ducks made it even more annoying the way we lost. It's time for this team to take charge and win games that should be won consistently.
The Flames were much better than the Ducks in their game IMO. They had bad goaltending and bad luck at the other end of the ice.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #6
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
The Flames were much better than the Ducks in their game IMO. They had bad goaltending and bad luck at the other end of the ice.
If this team routinely (not always, that's a lot to ask) plays like they have in their last six games they'll be fine. They won't win them all, but they'll be in position to win them all, which is something we haven't seen in years.

Single digit high danger chances against, with more generated for, and hopefully both the powerplay and the goaltending finds a gear.

Six game split 60% High danger chances per 60 five on five
+14.3 per game for
-9.7 per game vs
Net +4.6

All situations
61.5%
+15.7 per game for
-9.8 per game vs
Net +5.9
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2018, 09:27 AM   #7
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

A "should win" game. No reason why they shouldn't.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:05 AM   #8
Redliner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Go Flams
"There will be a short outage tonight sometime between 11:00PM and 1:00AM as network upgrades are performed. Please do not panic and overthrow society. Thank you."
Old 11-10-2018, 10:07 AM   #9
Freddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I hope Rittich continues his solid goaltending to calm fan anxiety. If Mangiapane is put on a line with Jankowski and they combine for some offence (while being defensively sound) i’ll be ecstatic!
Old 11-10-2018, 10:25 AM   #10
FFF
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Going to my first Flames game tonight! After picking the Flames as a little kid in the 80s (out of antagonistic nature I guess, being what seemed like the only kid in Finland to do so, it seemed, as others went with the Oilers due to Kurri, Tikkanen and Ruotsalainen and a general love of slimeballs), following the team more closely since the early run of the 2001-02 season, riding through the great 2004 run (doing my military service, getting results via SMS from my father to lessons & camps, listening to the heartbreaking Game Seven on Fan in the middle of night), enduring the Keenan years, Kipper and Iginla slowly declining, the general apathy, having the passion re-ignited with the infusion of talent and fun (Monahan, Gaudreau) -- living in LA this fall, it is awesome to finally see them live.

I fully expect them to lay an egg tonight, though.
"And when the moment came -- they ran away from the word of dishonor, but on the battlefield their feet stood fast, and in an instant, at the height of their fortune, they passed away from the scene, not of their fear, but of their glory." - Thucydides, the Peloponnesian War
The Following 74 Users Say Thank You to FFF For This Useful Post:
Allos, ASP#26525, BeltlineFan, Beninho, Biff, BloodFetish, BsFaninCGY, burn_this_city, Calgary4LIfe, calgarywinning, Cali Panthers Fan, christoph186, chummer, cofias, CofR, CsInMyBlood, DaQwiz, Demaeon, drewtastic, Enoch Root, FFFLife, flame^thrower, Freddy, Gallick, Gaskal, gonzo29, GranteedEV, HalifaxDrunk, heep223, Hockey-and_stuff, IamNotKenKing, icarus, indes, Inferno099, Insufficient Funds, Itse, jaymac106, jayswin, JBR, jg13, jkflames, killer_carlson, kingkahuna, kman35ca, Lanny'sDaMan, looooob, Maritime Q-Scout, Mightyfire89, Phaneufenstein, Poe969, PsYcNeT, PugnaciousIntern, Puppet Guy, RedHotC, Redliner, redpaint, Robo, Ryan Coke, Samonadreau, savardandjokinen, Save Us Sutter, Slacker, StAlbertFlame, Steve Bozek, Table 5, terryclancy, Textcritic, the2bears, TheGingerbeardMan, TheScorpion, tvp2003, Wolfman, ZedMan, Zulu29
Old 11-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #11
Zoller
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFF View Post
Going to my first Flames game tonight! After picking the Flames as a little kid in the 80s (out of antagonistic nature I guess, being what seemed like the only kid in Finland to do so, it seemed, as others went with the Oilers due to Kurri, Tikkanen and Ruotsalainen and a general love of slimeballs), following the team more closely since the early run of the 2001-02 season, riding through the great 2004 run (doing my military service, getting results via SMS from my father to lessons & camps, listening to the heartbreaking Game Seven on Fan in the middle of night), enduring the Keenan years, Kipper and Iginla slowly declining, the general apathy, having the passion re-ignited with the infusion of talent and fun (Monahan, Gaudreau) -- living in LA this fall, it is awesome to finally see them live.

A True Flames fan
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Zoller For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2018, 10:52 AM   #12
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Amazing!! Have a wonderful time
The Following User Says Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
FFF
Old 11-10-2018, 11:03 AM   #13
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Obviously not a must win, but absolutely a should win.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:09 AM   #14
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

No reason why the Flames shouldn't come out of this game with 2 points. I'm gonna say 5-2 Flames, but only if Rittich starts.

If Smith starts, 6-5 Flames.

And I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of this tonight:

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #15
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Damn your daylight savings time, 2am game is now 3am.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #16
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Damn your daylight savings time, 2am game is now 3am.
Daylight savings time has ended. You can damn standard time if you like, which is likely what you’re on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
Old 11-10-2018, 11:21 AM   #17
The Boy Wonder
First Line Centre

Exp:

So rittich starting or?
Old 11-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #18
David Struch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
being what seemed like the only kid in Finland to do so, it seemed, as others went with the Oilers due to Kurri, Tikkanen and Ruotsalainen
The Flames had a couple Finnish players way back when too... I wonder how much Juuso Välimäki knows about fellow Finnish defenseman Pekka Rautakallio and Kari Eloranta?
Old 11-10-2018, 11:43 AM   #19
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Struch View Post
The Flames had a couple Finnish players way back when too... I wonder how much Juuso Välimäki knows about fellow Finnish defenseman Pekka Rautakallio and Kari Eloranta?

the less he knows about Kari Eloranta, the better.

- Surferguy
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #20
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

The Flames really haven't been an organization for Finish players.

Sorted by games played ...

Code:
Row Labels	Sum of GP
Miikka Kiprusoff	576
Toni Lydman	289
Kari Eloranta	255
Olli Jokinen	236
Pekka Rautakallio	156
Karri Ramo	111
Niklas Hagman	106
Markus Granlund	86
Jyrki Jokipakka	56