Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 10:22 PM   #1341
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

The Oilers are a terrible hockey team and a joke of a franchise.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heep223 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2018, 12:17 AM   #1342
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

What would be the optimal win loss ratio for the Oilers season?

If the Oilers lose too many, upper management would have to step in and make changes

If the Oilers win a few to balance their losses, status quo can still be maintained
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2018, 12:47 AM   #1343
BACKCHECK!!!
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
What would be the optimal win loss ratio for the Oilers season?

If the Oilers lose too many, upper management would have to step in and make changes

If the Oilers win a few to balance their losses, status quo can still be maintained
0-82-0

God I HOPE upper management steps in to make changes. DRASTIC changes.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:56 AM   #1344
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Can't remember when I posted this the first time, but...

Link
Old 10-13-2018, 01:10 AM   #1345
playmaker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
You know who the Oilers could really use right now. Taylor Hall.

Kyle Connor or Matthew Barzal from that 2015 draft would be a nice fit for their 1st line as well.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:03 AM   #1346
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Of all the reader web-forums out there, this thread, and it's five previous renditions, are my favourites.

I love how much Edmonton sucks.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:45 AM   #1347
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKCHECK!!! View Post
0-82-0

God I HOPE upper management steps in to make changes. DRASTIC changes.
Any changes could improve the situation.

What we do know is status quo is ruining this Oiler team. Nothing is wrong here! Give Chia a Chance!!

Last edited by Scorch; 10-13-2018 at 05:51 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2018, 07:10 AM   #1348
JackIsBack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
It would be interesting to see how much the Oilers would have to give up to get "Hallsy" back.

1st round pick, Draisaitl and something else likely. That trade seriously set the Oilers back. Could go down as their very own version of "Gilmour - Leeman". Doubtful they will ever recover.

And they would have to retain some of Draisaitl 8.5 million dollar salary - I would think about 3 million of it the Devils would ask be retained, since anywhere near 6 million is what Draisaitl is really worth. Then Hall only has one more year after this one left on his 6 million dollar contract, so he'll be asking for more - let say 7.5 million.

So, leaving out all other parts of the deal - that means that Hall would cost the Oilers about 9 million per season this and next year and 10.5 million thereafter, that's up there near McDavid territory - and for something they could have managed better all along for way cheaper.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:32 AM   #1349
jonkaupp
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsBack View Post
And they would have to retain some of Draisaitl 8.5 million dollar salary - I would think about 3 million of it the Devils would ask be retained, since anywhere near 6 million is what Draisaitl is really worth. Then Hall only has one more year after this one left on his 6 million dollar contract, so he'll be asking for more - let say 7.5 million.

So, leaving out all other parts of the deal - that means that Hall would cost the Oilers about 9 million per season this and next year and 10.5 million thereafter, that's up there near McDavid territory - and for something they could have managed better all along for way cheaper.
Hall just won the MVP and is still in his prime. He’s not signing for 7.5 lol. Try 10-11, and that might be undershooting it
The Following User Says Thank You to jonkaupp For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2018, 08:38 AM   #1350
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

There have been some fans in the wake of Boston’s debacle who have mused about trading Collie McDoggie. In part because they are keenly aware of how awful the Oilers are and are happy to see McSaviour succeed—even elsewhere. But I think part of this dark dream is also because they believe that as the Oilers’s most valuable asset the return in a McPotato trade could go a long way to improving their team. What sort of return do they imagine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overly optimistic Oilers fan
”Three firsts, a #1 centre and a first pairing defenseman.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Old 10-13-2018, 09:11 AM   #1351
Realistic
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Yes, because the losers on that board are running that team!

Katz is only interested in building the Lice District and having is Old Boys Club and reliving his childhood by having Gretzky et al around. As long as Edmontonians are foolish enough to keep filling the seats he won’t do anything to fix the Coilers. Does anyone remember Harold Ballard when he owned the Leafs?
Old 10-13-2018, 09:32 AM   #1352
JackIsBack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkaupp View Post
Hall just won the MVP and is still in his prime. He’s not signing for 7.5 lol. Try 10-11, and that might be undershooting it

Oh.... I agree.... but after 1.5 years in Edmonton, that may change (I was also being conservative). If he gets 10 million, then he'll cost Edmonton more than McDavid if that trade was made. My point is that they'll have to retain salary for the Devils even to to consider it.

It's way more likely that Edmonton signs Rick Nash if they are close to playoff spot - but.... why would Rick sign in Edmonton, I think he's waiting until his health improves before signing a deadline deal with a competitive team at a discount price (he wants a cup). I also don't think Edmonton will be there - near a playoff spot that is - but who knows.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:36 AM   #1353
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1051121616946700289
Old 10-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #1354
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

If they lose today we could potentially see Gulutzan as bench boss as early as a week from now I think. Start the season 0-3 and have this as their schedule? I can't see them winning more than 2 of these which would have them 2-7 at best.

@ Jets, Bruins, Preds, Penguins, Caps, @ Preds

So McLellan gets fired which won't solve anything. Chiarelli will probably make a desperate move moving RNH for a 2nd pairing defencemen where RNH goes on and puts up a nice 70 point season.

They finish last in the west and 3rd last overall this season.

Chiarelli is fired.

New GM comes in and his first punishment as an Oiler is getting bumped out during the lottery draft from #3 position to #5 where they take a winger 5th overall that is clearly not ready to start the season.

Talbot walks and they sign Bobrovsky to a 6 x 10M AAV deal where he rage quits back to Russia 2 seasons in.

Finally, McDavid makes it public that he wants a trade and is quoted saying "Edmonton is no good."
The Following User Says Thank You to jg13 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2018, 09:42 AM   #1355
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
But changed out for who? The Oilers have a whole lot of nothing in their system, which is why forwards like Yamamotato and "Hattie-Rattie" are in the lineup to begin with.

Edmonton is no good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Old 10-13-2018, 09:44 AM   #1356
Realistic
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsBack View Post
Oh.... I agree.... but after 1.5 years in Edmonton, that may change (I was also being conservative). If he gets 10 million, then he'll cost Edmonton more than McDavid if that trade was made. My point is that they'll have to retain salary for the Devils even to to consider it.

It's way more likely that Edmonton signs Rick Nash if they are close to playoff spot - but.... why would Rick sign in Edmonton, I think he's waiting until his health improves before signing a deadline deal with a competitive team at a discount price (he wants a cup). I also don't think Edmonton will be there - near a playoff spot that is - but who knows.
There is NO WAY Hall agrees to a trade back to Edmonton or signs in Edmonton again after the way he was run out of town last time.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:47 AM   #1357
JackIsBack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
Finally, McDavid makes it public that he wants a trade and is quoted saying "Edmonton is no good."

He doesn't look happy - I don't know about him, but when I'm not happy, my production is off. He wants to WIN, and if things to change in Edmonton soon, I can't see him not doing this.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:49 AM   #1358
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
I think they should fire everyone and put Katz's kid in charge.
Realistically, he could hardly do worse.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 10-13-2018, 09:54 AM   #1359
JackIsBack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistic View Post
There is NO WAY Hall agrees to a trade back to Edmonton or signs in Edmonton again after the way he was run out of town last time.

Oh... I agree.... just having fun with that comment made early. There is NO WAY (ok - very little chance) Hall makes it back to Edmonton.

BUT... If he did.... at what price? There is no way that the Devils take on Draisaitl contract without some retained salary - I don't see any team taking on that contract without some major incentives or salary reductions. Lucic is in the same situation. RHN - he's tradeable, but what else do they have that will get them any noticeable players in return - NOT much.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:00 AM   #1360
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, that lineup is terrible.
I didn't actually realize just how pathetic their roster is.
Closed Thread