Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2016, 03:50 PM   #41
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Most of my time watching this show has involved wanting Carl dead, so I'll cling to a small shred of hope that he's finally dead.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 03:52 PM   #42
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Most of my time watching this show has involved wanting Carl dead, so I'll cling to a small shred of hope that he's finally dead.
I dont disagree on any particular point but Negan clearly says:

"If he screams feed him his kid's other eye" or something thereabouts.

Rick and Carl are the only ones I feel are ironclad 'safe.'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:54 PM   #43
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh I know. I said a small shred. Maybe Negan is twisted enough to feed Carl his own eye if he screams? Let me have this, Locke.

Last edited by Finger Cookin; 04-04-2016 at 03:56 PM.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 03:56 PM   #44
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh I know. I said a small shred. Maybe Negan is twisted enough to feed Carl his own eye if he screams? Let me have this, Locke.
Yes sir.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 04-04-2016, 03:59 PM   #45
TheDragon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have a feeling it'll be Glenn as well, based solely on the amount of fore-shadowing leading up to it. (Glenn seeing the pictures of the beaten in heads at the satellite base, while in the process of losing his "innocence" as is it were, in not having killed any living person up to that point, the shower scene where he and Maggie are together while "It's All Over," by Johnny Cash is playing, etc.)

But I wouldn't be surprised if it's someone like Michonne or Daryl.
TheDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDragon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 04:18 PM   #46
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Coral*
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 04:59 PM   #47
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Which is what they want you to think. It's the old double obvious switcharoo. Don't be fooled.

/battle of wits has begun!
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!
V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to V For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 05:10 PM   #48
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragon View Post
I have a feeling it'll be Glenn as well, based solely on the amount of fore-shadowing leading up to it. (Glenn seeing the pictures of the beaten in heads at the satellite base, while in the process of losing his "innocence" as is it were, in not having killed any living person up to that point, the shower scene where he and Maggie are together while "It's All Over," by Johnny Cash is playing, etc.)
He's also come across at least one baseball bat, I am thinking two but one for sure. When they were in Noah's home he found a bat that had caved in Noah's mom's head.

Glenn would have the most impact on Rick, if it weren't for Glenn, Rick would've died in Atlanta like his horse...
Old 04-04-2016, 06:40 PM   #49
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

My guess now is, the writers don't even know, they're still figuring it out.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:54 PM   #50
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm thinking it's Abe, because he might be the only one that could take the first club to the head and not go down.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 06:54 PM   #51
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Negan wants people to hunt and gather for him and will kill those that are not good at it. I bet he caught Eugene easily, and Eugene spilled the beans quickly, and thus, must die due to the same inadequacies that plagued him throughout the seasons. As with some other characters, they overcame their struggles and then died.

The story made it clear Eugene passed forward the bullet plans, leaving a legacy for him to be remembered.

With all that said, I wouldn't doubt they switch things up on us.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:04 PM   #52
Fire of the Phoenix
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Probably. They don't want to kill off too popular of a character, they are probably focus testing right now lol. Seriously though, the fact that Daryl is even on this show at all speaks to how the producers view these things. Norman Reedus is the most popular, so he stays, that's honestly how I see it. I like his character but he is pretty one dimensional and hasn't really developed at all outside of seasons 1-3. He has taken considerable screen time from Glenn, Tyrese and Abraham too in my opinion, and as a result all three have been very underutilized for the most part. There's only 45 minutes a week but Daryl's being a badass loner seems to take up a lot of it. All because he's popular, I honestly don't believe they weren't planning anything for him until his fandom became apparent. Now he's just kind of shoe horned in a lot of the time, it will be interesting to see where they go with him.
Fire of the Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:23 PM   #53
Redliner
Franchise Player

Exp:

It has to be either Glenn or Daryl.

We know it's not one of the women, based on Negan's comment that "He's taking it like a champ" after the first hit.

Rick and Carl are exempt. Negan wouldn't kill Rick because he knows Rick is the leader of the Alexandrian group and this whole performance is intended to intimidate the hell out of them so they will pay tribute to his group - plus he wants Rick to suffer for killing his people and for that to happen he needs him alive. The best way to do that would have been to off Carl, but his comment about cutting Carl's other eye out and feeding it to Rick if anyone moves indicates that Carl isn't the target either. So those two are in the clear...for now.

That leaves Daryl, Glenn, Abraham, Eugene, and Aaron. The show has been hyping Negan and how incredibly badass he is, and going on about how his arrival is going to fundamentally change the show. That means it has to be a significant death and I don't think Abraham, Eugene, or Aaron would be "big" enough to have the emotional impact they're looking for.

That leaves Glenn or Darryl. Both are established season one characters.

Darryl is the fan favourite who apparently doesn't exist in the comics so they can do anything they want with him storywise.

Glenn is the married father-to-be who is the compassionate "lead by example" guy that has become the moral compass of the group. We all know how well this show treats the characters who try to "stay good".

I think Glenn is done for. For reals this time. Like, really really.
"There will be a short outage tonight sometime between 11:00PM and 1:00AM as network upgrades are performed. Please do not panic and overthrow society. Thank you."
Redliner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redliner For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 07:25 PM   #54
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redliner View Post

We know it's not one of the women, based on Negan's comment that "He's taking it like a champ" after the first hit.

Rick and Carl are exempt. Negan wouldn't kill Rick because he knows Rick is the leader of the Alexandrian group and this whole performance is intended to intimidate the hell out of them so they will pay tribute to his group - plus he wants Rick to suffer for killing his people and for that to happen he needs him alive. The best way to do that would have been to off Carl, but his comment about cutting Carl's other eye out and feeding it to Rick if anyone moves indicates that Carl isn't the target either. So those two are in the clear...for now.

That leaves Daryl, Glenn, Abraham, Eugene, and Aaron. The show has been hyping Negan and how incredibly badass he is, and going on about how his arrival is going to fundamentally change the show. That means it has to be a significant death and I don't think Abraham, Eugene, or Aaron would be "big" enough to have the emotional impact they're looking for.

That leaves Glenn or Darryl.

Darryl is the fan favourite who apparently doesn't exist in the comics so they can do anything they want with him storywise.

Glenn is the married father-to-be who is an established season one character that has become the moral compass of the group. We all know how well this show treats the characters who try to "stay good".

I think Glenn is done for. For reals this time. Like, really really.
Cant be. Glenn has a documented immunity to Barbed Wire. He used to be a Pizza Delivery Guy. Those guys are hardcore.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:27 PM   #55
burnin_vernon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I went with Abe because he was the most likely to "take it like a champ".

Any chance that it wasn't a fatality? I know it sounded gross and seemed like they were all hits to the head but I wouldn't put it past this show to get out of this one.
burnin_vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:30 PM   #56
burnin_vernon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redliner View Post

He didn't say "he". Just, "taking it like a champ".
burnin_vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burnin_vernon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 07:38 PM   #57
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
If you're in that group and your contract is up for renewal, you have to be sweating bullets right about now.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:43 PM   #58
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
If you're in that group and your contract is up for renewal, you have to be sweating bullets right about now.
Yeah, I was thinking the contract angle too, when I was writing that.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:46 PM   #59
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnin_vernon View Post
I went with Abe because he was the most likely to "take it like a champ".

Any chance that it wasn't a fatality? I know it sounded gross and seemed like they were all hits to the head but I wouldn't put it past this show to get out of this one.
I don't think so. I found these quotes on IMDB:

Quote:

IMDb: Do you know who Negan killed?

Josh McDermitt: I've heard things, yes. I'll just leave it at that.

IMDB: Do you already have the first scripts for Season 7?

Josh McDermitt: They have not given us anything yet. The cast a lot of times is in the dark on a lot of things. Not in, like, a sinister way. Just that it takes a while to kind of get everything together for the next season ... I don't know what the first episode of Season 7 is going to be. But will we find out who Negan killed? Yes.

IMDB: Fans hada strong reaction to the cliffhanger. Right now, it has a low IMDb user rating (5.8). Did you expect that viewers would be upset?

Josh McDermitt:
I didn't sit down and think, 'Well, the fans are going to think this or think that.' I think there's always a strong reaction whenever there's a cliffhanger in any show. I think Scott Gimple said it best Sunday night on "Talking Dead." Obviously I'm paraphrasing. He said last night's episode at the end was the completion of one story. Rick had a lot of confidence, and he became a broken man, and he was shattered. And then, the death of whoever we find out it's going to be in the Season 7 [premiere], that's the start of a new story, and how that's changed everyone's lives, how the world has changed for them, and how it affects everybody. This is storytelling.
Personally, I think it has to be an A-lister from season 1, or it won't have the effect it should. It won't be Rick or Carl, so it has to be Daryl or Glenn. Based on the foreshadowing, I think it will be Glenn. But then again, maybe that is what they want me to think.

One thing to note, and maybe it means nothing, but Stephen Yuen has a new series starting soon and Norman Reedus has nothing coming up according to IMDB. Not that an actor can't do 2 things at once of course.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:52 PM   #60
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reedus has a motorbike show coming out, I think it's called Ride with Norman Reedus.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote