Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #321
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
I have another Fassboner!
You should get that checked out. Could be serious.
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #322
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keratosis View Post
Seriously impressive.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2014, 03:12 PM   #323
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is what pissed me off about the first movie.

http://www.cracked.com/article_20703...ost-great.html

Quote:
But maybe the weirdest thing of all is that clearly the film is intended to be an Alien prequel -- the finale of the movie literally leads up to the plot of Alien. A horseshoe-shaped ship crashes with an alien sitting in the cockpit, landing in the exact same position as it is discovered by the crew in the first Alien film. "But wait," they say, "this isn't the planet they landed on in Alien known as LV-426. This is LV-223, a completely different planet. It just so happens that this planet has an identical bit of wreckage and a nearly identical species of alien on it. Makes perfect sense, really." It would be like if, at the end of Revenge of the Sith, it turned out that Anakin had actually been turning into a completely different guy who was also named Darth Vader in a neighboring galaxy.

rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2014, 03:23 PM   #324
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

One of those movies you have to not question too much or it's awful, I liked it. Engineers mess with life, did something on Earth, may have made aliens as a bio-weapon, Charlize Theron can only run in straight lines. Think about it much more and it will just suck.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:34 PM   #325
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm waiting for the Aliens vs Predators vs Starship Troopers vs arachnid movie in 3 d starring Michael Ironsides legs
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:04 PM   #326
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

I'd watch that
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #327
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

I bought the directors cut like most movies that make it to theaters they don't make sense cause they cut it for the mouth breathers that think it needs more explosions or romance.
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:11 PM   #328
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I'm waiting for the Aliens vs Predators vs Starship Troopers vs arachnid movie in 3 d starring Michael Ironsides legs
Hey Hollywood, throw this man some god damn money!
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #329
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am actually interested to see what direction Scott intends to take the franchise. It's good to see that Lindelof won't be involved with this one, but the fact that they are also again rewriting the script isn't a great sign. I just wonder how what exactly the intentions of the franchise are going forward. If David and Shaw got off the planet to search out the "creators" then it's unlikely they will encounter more xenomorphs. So why did they bother jamming that in at the end of Prometheus if there's no reason for them to be around in future movies?

Then as to the point rubecube brought up (which is a legitimate gripe), it does make me wonder if the producers forced Scott to make it a pseudo-Alien prequel instead of making it into its own movie. They really should have gone in one of two directions, either make it as a legitimate prequel to Alien, or make an entirely new franchise not depended on working itself into the Alien mythology. I think they walked too fine of line in trying to do both, since so many people were against making a prequel (they never work, nor are they really needed).

I still generally like the movie, but they need to make sure the script for the sequel is tighter. What stood out for me were the visuals and Fassbender's performance, so at least they will still be there for the sequel. In fact they could just not bring back Noomi Rapace at all, and be much better off.

I just hope Ridley Scott can get things back on track as he seems to make more bad movies than good ones these days.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #330
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really awesome they're making a sequel. I was a big fan of Prometheus. Sure there were some basic irregularities in the movie, but the ideas were stellar. Scenery and imagery were amazing.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2014, 07:51 AM   #331
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keratosis View Post

Naw, I have no "Shame".
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:47 AM   #332
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violator View Post
I bought the directors cut like most movies that make it to theaters they don't make sense cause they cut it for the mouth breathers that think it needs more explosions or romance.
My only hope for this movie even being halfway decent was a directors cut...but after looking online it doesn't seem they made one. The collectors edition is the same cut as the theatrical one, no?
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:07 PM   #333
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

For a prequel, that was set out as a prequel that shouldn't answer all questions, as it is just the beginning of a supposed story arc, I liked Prometheus.

Apparently more David 8's coming in the sequel too, which is only good news.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #334
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought the original was the second-best of the franchise so far (after the original Alien), and the only problem with it was some muddled elements in the plot. With Lindelof not involved and otherwise so many things the same, I'm really excited for what this could be.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote