Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2020, 09:47 AM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default The FRHL Tournament hockey Tournament OOT Scoreboard

Donny Shulzhoffer - "Welcome to the Fake Reality Hockey League run for the Gibbler Cup. I'm Donnie Shulzhoffer and joining me for this tournament is my good friend and the legendary Jim Carr."

Jim Carr - "Thanks Donnie,With the NHL and all sports pretty much on Hiatus, League Commissioner Kimmy Gibbler feels its time to make money to buy unicorn sweaters. She's spared no expense in bringing in the best Hockey teams that money can buy and has put them into a single game single knockout tournament to award the highly respected Gibbler Cup. "

Donny - "Thanks Jim. Now the rules are simple. Every night, there will be two games, the voting will be open for 24 hours, at that point a winner will be decided and Jim and myself will discuss what happened in these games. And believe me, these teams are all going to play with a huge heart and a bag full of knuckles"

Jim Carr- "That's right Donny, this is going to be old time hockey, fun for the whole family. Bring Grandma and the Kids down to the Kimmy Dome for all the fun, but watch for that ambulance circling the building"

Donny - "We don't know what's going to happen, we have youth team's against adult teams, we have pro teams against amateurs. But that doesn't matter. All that matters is that Hockey is back. We're posting the brackets, looking for sponsors. Put Grandma to bed and send the kids out of the room. Its time for hockey!"

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 03-14-2020 at 09:49 AM.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2020, 09:51 AM   #2
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Donny - "And here's the tournament brackets, in spoilers for those of you who are size freaks"

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2020, 09:54 AM   #3
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Jim Carr - "Stay tune to this channel, the road to the Gibbler Cup starts tonight. The first two games will be posted tonight and the voting will begin, Its hockey time"

Donny - "I'm so excited that I need to go get a massage. We'll see you tonight hockey fans"

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2020, 09:58 AM   #4
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Donny - "And here's the tournament brackets, in spoilers for those of you who are size freaks"

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
Breaking News!!!! I have fully recovered from my concussion and have a clean bill of health for the tournament!!! Jury is still out on Dean though as his Dad got the tractor stuck again so he had to return home to help him get it out of the mud.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:07 AM   #5
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Out of character.

I've decided to be completely random in this tournament in terms of what happens. Stats don't matter, its up to you the voters. The bigger margin of votes for any one team doesn't really matter in terms of the score. Anything can happen. However you're votes decide the winners period.

All teams start the game relatively healthy, and I'm going to take some writers license in this as full lineups for the most part aren't available.

Also - The office of the Commissioner the eminent Kimmy Gibbler has full discretion in terms of suspensions and possible trades. For example Ducks Super Star Adam Banks might end of traded to the Eden Hall Warriors for Cole if the Ducks decide they need less scoring and more toughness.

Anything can happen, if a teams GM decides to really go for it in the tournament. It might not happen, it might not happen often. But its a possibility. There could be a free agent hockey player floating out there that signs up and comes from the world of fictional hockey that ends up on a team.

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 03-14-2020 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:44 AM   #6
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

I've got Jack the Chimp in my pool.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:44 AM   #7
foofighter15
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Bold prediction: Shorsey of the Letterkenny Shamrocks will take home Chripping King Crown
foofighter15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 03:51 PM   #8
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Donny - "Welcome to Hockey Night in CalgaryPuck. I'm so excited that I've taken 6 of my heart pills so I don't flop over dead here. I'm your host Donny Shulzhoffer, with my partner Jim Carr as we bring you tonight's exciting night of hockey"

Jim Carr - "Its the playoffs baby, the long grind to the Gibbler Cup, where the winners are winners and the Losers, we'll they're just losers."

Donny - "I couldn't say it better myself"

Jim Carr - "You just did"

Donny - "In the early game we have the Mighty Ducks against the Kids from the pickup team that beat up Ryan Reynolds in the movie just friends"

Jim Carr - "Its plucky vs plucky. I mean the Ducks have won the Minnesota state championship, The Junior Good Will games and through hockey and affirmative action forced the Eden Hall Academy to change their name to the Ducks. Lead by coach Gordon Bombay the hard drinking hard coaching king of Quack himself featuring a deep lineup with the scoring of Charlie Conway, Adam Banks, the defensive checking of Averman and Connie, the goaltending of Julie the Cat and Goldberg the Goalie and the toughness of the Bash brothers. This is in my mind the early favorite to go all the way to the Gibbler Cup Baby."

Donny - But we can't discount those kids from the pickup game, ably coached by Jamie Palamino and Dusty Dinklemen. They might not have the players the Ducks do, but they know every dirty trick in the book and know how to manipulate the referees to a lot of powerplays. When we talked to Jamie earlier today she stated that her game plan was to have fun and no swearing.

Jim Carr - "In the late game we have a really nasty matchup, two teams that really bring the boom and play a lot of old time hockey as the Halifax Highlanders take on the Syracuse Bulldogs."

Donny - "This is the game that you want to send the children out of the room for as both teams play with a lot of blood and guts and have a philsophy of block it with your fists and the last man standing wins."

Jim Carr - "That's right, though I give the edge to Halifax in terms of skill. lead by the amazing Xavier Laflamme who found his game at the end of the year and the toughest man in hockey in Doug Glatt this is a team that has good goaltending, a decent defense, strong Russian talent and a mountain of Percocet.

Donny -"And they're going to need it because the Bulldogs have gone through a major rebuild and have come out loaded for bear. They've completely abandoned skill and gone to a strategy of mayhem and vengeance. in the last game of the regular season that you called Jim, they introduced the line up that they're going into the playoffs with."

Donny - "Oh and we've got some other league news as teams angle to improve their games throughout this playoff tournament.The Letter Kenny Shamrocks have decided to add some skill to their lineup and signed Bobby Barbato. Barbato is a really skilled hockey player last seen in the movie Touch and Go. This is a definate boost to their lineup and all of you poolers out there need to be aware that he's on the ice. He's a dynamic goal scorer and a total love machine."

Spoiler!

So, here's the deal. Voting is now open for the two games. Simply put your votes in your post and the vote will close tomorrow night at 5 PM ET and a write up will be placed as well as the intro to the next game.

Game 1

Mighty Ducks at The Kids who beat the crap out of Ryan Reynolds

Game 2

Halifax Highlanders at the Syracuse Bulldogs.

League Transaction

Bobby Barbato add to Letterkenny Shamrocks

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 03-14-2020 at 03:53 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2020, 04:34 PM   #9
foofighter15
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Ducks gotta take the no names. As much as beating up Ryan Reynolds is a nice feather in the cap there is no fighting on youth hockey. Ducks structure is too much for them to handle. It's gotta be a blow out.

Halifax Highlanders in game 2. LaFlamme sees a rocket in the first row and puts 4 goals top shelf just for her.
foofighter15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foofighter15 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2020, 04:51 PM   #10
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

We should just start up a cp nhl20 league and just stream full hour games between members and make a real oot for it
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2020, 05:05 PM   #11
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

UFA Radio Robert is available if you want some veteran depth.

Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 12:07 AM   #12
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ducks and Highlanders take the win on opening night!
Old 03-15-2020, 04:30 PM   #13
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Donny - "Welcome to a special announcement of the FRHL, I'm sure that you tuned in to see the exciting scores and highlights of the first round of the playoffs, but unfortunately they never happened and the league has decided to cease operations"

Jim - "That's right, its a sad day for fantasy reality hockey as only a few tickets were sold. Not only that, but it turns out that President Kimmy Gibbler spent all of the investors seed money on Unicorn themed gimp masks and handcuffs and her and League CFO Danny Tanner have flow to Mexico"

Donny - "So that's it, that's all, we'll be releasing all of the players back to their former situations or prison terms"

Jim Carr - "And before the camera's are all repossessed by the Leasing Company, for myself and Donny, Good night"

Old 03-15-2020, 07:21 PM   #14
HalifaxDrunk
#2 960 Prankster

Exp:

Ducks and of course the Halifax Highlanders will take it.
HalifaxDrunk is offline   Reply With Quote