Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-21-2017, 03:00 PM   #101
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Is it on the bluray extended?!
If you google it you can see it pretty easily, I think the hosting methods are not exactly legal though so I won't link it here.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #102
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its funny because The EU talked about the force that way, there's no dark side or light side there's just the force and the person who uses it can use it for their pruposes.

The Jedi choose to serve the force

The Sith choose to enslave the force

Its interesting because then that means that Palpatine really didn't corrupt Anakin nor did the dark side of the force. Anakin always was Vader and Vader was always Anakin.

I guess it would also go to what Yoda talked about when Luke asked him how he would know the darkside of the force to the light. Yoday said that you would know the light side of the force because you would be at calm and peace and that the force was always to be used for defense. That certainly sounds like someone who chooses to serve something like the force. Meanwhile the Dark side is quicker and easier which to me just screams of someone that's demanding power and trying to enslave no matter what the cost.

It makes sense, but I tend to believe that there is a darkside and a lightside and they are corruptions of each other. They always have to be in conflict with each other, neither side can be destroyed, it can be dimished however.

So I don't really believe that Luke killing off Palpatine and Vader left the force in some kind of blissful balance because the dark side while diminished was still there and someone eventually tapped back into it and it gained strength. When Palpatine was conquering the galaxy the dark side became more powerful because the Jedi were in the end not jedi anymore their ego and their lack of serving the force weakened the light side and the Dark Side grew more powerful. The Jedi were basically dark side users without knowing it.

There are two sides, one side is willing to go along for the ride and corrupt its users with promises of more and more power. The other side is like a blanket, it will give you power only if you use the power properly.

I don't believe that one side would be able to use both.

Even if at the end all of the Jedi and Dark Side users were wiped out, the dark and light side of the force might be diminished for a while. But then they'd find a way to fight and renew the conflict.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:27 PM   #103
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I wonder if Luke is truly the last Jedi to ever exist. Rey will obviously, probably maybe be trained by Luke to use The Force but, maybe Luke's time away and all the reflecting he has done has prompted him to start something new.

Maybe he has learned that dark side powers and light side powers are all one in the same but it's the persons heart that makes the person dark or light. Maybe he will teach Rey to be the ultimate Force user. A combination of the Sith and Jedi... a... a... a Sithi... No, a Jedith.... Jith? Well, you get the picture.
Maybe Luke is the Last Jedi, until he does one of these...

Then theres no Jedi left. Which is a bummer but I suppose could turn out alright.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:17 PM   #104
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

if this movie has a death star, it will be highly, highly disappointing.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:36 PM   #105
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
if this movie has a death star, it will be highly, highly disappointing.
This one won't, but Episode IX will have a second Starkiller Base.

With a force shield powered by a nearby moon. A tropical or foresty one..
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:42 AM   #106
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
This one won't, but Episode IX will have a second Starkiller Base.

With a force shield powered by a nearby moon. A tropical or foresty one..
This time it will be an ice world. Gotta change things up a bit.
Buff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:49 AM   #107
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly, if I were to invent some sort of super mega weapon, I'd protect it much better than then Empire or First Order ever did. I'd do a StarKiller weapon, but it would be movable like the Death Star, and it would have 5 moons that each have their own shield generator. That's right, 5 shields to demolish before you can get to the weapon... but wait, there's more! Orbiting each moon is large asteroids that contain shield generators to shield the shield generating moons! But that's not all! Lurking in the nearby shadows of outer space will be a Super Mega Ultimate Star Destroyer fleet. Prepared to enter battle on a moments notice. Yeah, that's right. Come at me Resistance! Bring all you've got!
Old 02-22-2017, 09:05 AM   #108
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
Honestly, if I were to invent some sort of super mega weapon, I'd protect it much better than then Empire or First Order ever did. I'd do a StarKiller weapon, but it would be movable like the Death Star, and it would have 5 moons that each have their own shield generator. That's right, 5 shields to demolish before you can get to the weapon... but wait, there's more! Orbiting each moon is large asteroids that contain shield generators to shield the shield generating moons! But that's not all! Lurking in the nearby shadows of outer space will be a Super Mega Ultimate Star Destroyer fleet. Prepared to enter battle on a moments notice. Yeah, that's right. Come at me Resistance! Bring all you've got!
LOL and of course one of your idiot engineers would be forced to engineer some kind of really obscure design flaw in it because it wouldn't be sporting at all.

Kylo Ren - "I don't understand why we need free wifi on the Mega Star Killer 2"

Engineer - "Because people want free internet to spacebook"

Resistance engineer - "So we can just hack into their free wifi and then merely hack into this completely random self destruct program like so and Blammo"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 10:11 AM   #109
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I never thought about the WiFi
Old 02-22-2017, 12:17 PM   #110
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

nobody things about Wifi

Kylo Ren - "Hello"

Droid - "Master Ren this is ACP-101 your accounting droid. I was just going through your credit card statement and somebody bought a thousand credits worth of wood on the Wookie Home World and bought a bunch of long distance cards on Coruscant"

Ren - "What?"

Droid - "It appears that someone hacked into your personal account through the free wifi account and stole your credit card numbers"

Sound of light sabers slashing the walls and primal screams.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:30 PM   #111
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

So apparently there was a teaser given to Disney shareholders at the annual meeting.

If you want to read about what happened in the teaser you can check out Daniel Miller of the LA times' notes (scroll down)

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...htmlstory.html

Last edited by sureLoss; 03-08-2017 at 07:35 PM.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:18 AM   #112
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Carrie Fisher's brother and daughter have given permission for Disney to use previously-shot footage in Episode IX. They won't be using any digitally created footage of her.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...as-leia-992242
Old 04-08-2017, 07:55 AM   #113
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I wonder if this is due to the backlash they got on a lot of the CGIed people not looking authentic, or if this is just because it is 'to soon' to go that route.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:17 AM   #114
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I wonder if this is due to the backlash they got on a lot of the CGIed people not looking authentic, or if this is just because it is 'to soon' to go that route.
I have no idea why people are so up in arms about that.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2017, 09:24 AM   #115
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Carrie Fisher's brother and daughter have given permission for Disney to use previously-shot footage in Episode IX. They won't be using any digitally created footage of her.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...as-leia-992242
Either way though, that is a super classy move. So kudos to them for that.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:32 AM   #116
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Because it looked terrible?
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:37 AM   #117
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Because it looked terrible?
I really dont think it did and even if it looked terrible it was like 3 seconds of film.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2017, 10:14 AM   #118
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I watched Rogue one last night and the feeling has really changed in a way from "That doesn't look real" to "Goodbye Carrie"

Old 04-09-2017, 10:40 AM   #119
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
because people love to hate things
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:49 AM   #120
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

On the second viewing, I thought Leia looked just fine, but Tarkin came out worse. He looked like a marionette who couldn't control his eyes.
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote