Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-17-2020, 10:26 AM   #81
bagofpucks
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Iím just not seeing the type of manufacturer incentives I thought weíd see, especially from a financing perspective. Iím in no rush, so weíll see what June brings. One dealer is close on overall price and another dealer is just out in left field, so thatís been interesting.
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 02:56 PM   #82
Snuffleupagus
First Line Centre

Exp:

The auto plants are restarting tomorrow so I expect the 2020 models will come down when they start making the 2021 models.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 03:16 PM   #83
dre
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
So far they're not budging on price, I've been trying to deal on a king ranch diesel for 6 months and the truck is still sitting on the lot, sales guy phoned me last week and offered $900 off and a free bed liner, I said jesus man the 2021's will be out in a few months. he said: don't be so sure.

I said: keep your 78k truck but you can call when it's under 68k
Those are really nice trucks. They are not moving much on Ram either. Had my sights on a limited dually ram. 2019 $65,895 with 39,000km. Price was a little too good to be true. After looking at the carfax it had two claims already.
It had been involved in two collisions and the tailgate needed to be replaced at a cost of $2800. They came down to $63,000 if I fixed the tailgate myself. I came back with 57,000. In the end I'm happy that it sold to someone else.
dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:27 AM   #84
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I heard the worst ad on the Radio.

It was about a guy who lost 50% of his income so was struggling with the $750 payment. So what the dealership did for him was get him into a new Truck with a higher payment of $825 per month but no payments until November becuase he was pretty certain that his income would be back to normal by then

Pretty awful.

I'm positive he used to be a member of CP. It's good to hear that OilKiller is still living his same life.

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showth...18#post3865218

Do not ever use my own words against me.
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 05:09 PM   #85
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
I'm positive he used to be a member of CP. It's good to hear that OilKiller is still living his same life.

One day you're buying new toys, the next day you're selling LEDs to desperately try and stay above water. Life ebbs and flows.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2020, 11:32 AM   #86
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I heard the worst ad on the Radio.

It was about a guy who lost 50% of his income so was struggling with the $750 payment. So what the dealership did for him was get him into a new Truck with a higher payment of $825 per month but no payments until November becuase he was pretty certain that his income would be back to normal by then

Pretty awful.
I've heard of a few people doing this. It's scary how predatory this can feel at a time like this.
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:20 PM   #87
Gundo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post

CP never forgets anything........ever
Gundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:13 PM   #88
the-rasta-masta
First Line Centre

Exp:

I bought a Jeep Wrangler last January and I just noticed rust bubbling under paint on all 4 door hinges. I can't believe this would happen to a $50k+ garage kept vehicle in less than a year and a half.

Taking it in on Monday, will be interesting to see what the solution is. I really don't want the vehicle anymore if the solution is to send to a body shop for rust removal and repainting. It's just going to come back. I feel like they should buy the vehicle back from me near what I purchased it for, but not sure what's reasonable.
the-rasta-masta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:14 PM   #89
3thirty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rasta-masta View Post
I bought a Jeep Wrangler last January and I just noticed rust bubbling under paint on all 4 door hinges. I can't believe this would happen to a $50k+ garage kept vehicle in less than a year and a half.

Taking it in on Monday, will be interesting to see what the solution is. I really don't want the vehicle anymore if the solution is to send to a body shop for rust removal and repainting. It's just going to come back. I feel like they should buy the vehicle back from me near what I purchased it for, but not sure what's reasonable.
Best case is it gets fixed, you won't get a refund for what you purchased it for after 1.5 years of use.
3thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 3thirty For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2020, 02:05 PM   #90
Flamenspiel
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I think the only way to avoid rust is to buy plastic, say hello to Volvo and Honda. Top of the range Land Rovers still have rust problems.

Heated garages make it worse.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 03:53 PM   #91
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenspiel View Post
I think the only way to avoid rust is to buy plastic, say hello to Volvo and Honda. Top of the range Land Rovers still have rust problems.

Heated garages make it worse.
Heated Garages make it possible to wash your vehicle in the winter, which makes it better.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CalgaryFan1988 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2020, 07:12 PM   #92
bagofpucks
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Well, this has been an odd sales experience. I have reached out to 4 dealerships with the exact trim Iím looking for and they have multiple units in their lot that meet what Iím looking for. In each case I explain I do not need a test drive and Iím looking for a quote with all in price included taxes and fees. I have also asked for the financing terms and rates if I decided to go that route.
1) dealership #1 sent me a very fair price that is completely transparent and included all of the financing information. The dealer is 2 hours away, but with how great they have been Iíd be fine to make the drive. After chatting, the sales manager and I agreed weíd check if any incentives change for June and follow up then.
2) dealership #2 is where I bought a new vehicle 18 months ago. I figured this would be an easy deal to make. Instead, the sales manager has given me the most confusing quotes ever and is pushing a lease deal even though it wonít work for me.
3) dealership #3 gave me a quote that is pretty much exactly the MSRP off the website.
4) dealership #4 has struggled like not other. After multiple phone calls where the admin person said a salesperson would be in touch with me, the admin person finally took on the role of salesperson. They want me to book in for a test drive and will not provide a quote over the phone. I restarted that I donít need a test drive and that with the current covid stuff going on Iíd much rather just discuss via phone or email. They stood strong and did not provide a quote.

I am very surprised at how difficult this has been. I really canít imagine many folks are shopping right now, but who knows I guess.
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:04 PM   #93
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER

Exp:

Quote:

Yeah, I think you're being hilariously unreasonable if you don't want them to fix it and you want them to buy it back at waaaaay above market value. That's almost crazy talk.

Totally sucks, though, and you have every right to be pissed. They should fix it. After the fix, sell it if you don't want it, but you'll have to do that privately or by trading it in. If you go in there expecting them to buy it back, you'll just make it a pleasure for them to fata you around.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:03 PM   #94
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, I suspect used car prices have another leg down. Hertz filed for bankruptcy, and have stopped paying the loans on all the cars that are in special purpose companies. So the creditors basically will liquidate those vehicles. And there are hundreds of thousands of them in a market with little demand.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:49 AM   #95
Snuffleupagus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

What's going on with Chrysler? A friend has 2017 2500 truck that's shows rust in 3 places that he's waiting to have fixed and I heard of another Wrangler like yours rusting.

And they will just sand off the rust and touch up the paint, that's all the warranty says they have to do.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:53 AM   #96
the-rasta-masta
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
What's going on with Chrysler? A friend has 2017 2500 truck that's shows rust in 3 places that he's waiting to have fixed and I heard of another Wrangler like yours rusting.

And they will just sand off the rust and touch up the paint, that's all the warranty says they have to do.
Exactly, and it will just keep coming back now that the oxidization has started. Car is severely devalued and nothing can replace factory paint (at least in normal situations). I actually really enjoy the car and was planning in keeping it for a long time, now I know I will at the very least be getting rid of it before warranty expires.

This is not a picture of mine, but my vehicle looks the exact same on all 4 door hinges.

the-rasta-masta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 05:50 PM   #97
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

It's a Jeep thing, unfortunately.

https://www.wranglerforum.com/thread...bling.2031002/

Had it with my 2012 JKUR. Not sure if they fixed it with the JLs or not.

Your best bet is to replace the hinges with an aftermarket set.
FCAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:09 PM   #98
cam_wmh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

2020, and external hinges are still a thing.

I mean outside of garden sheds, and backyard gates.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:42 AM   #99
Calgary14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazzy33 View Post
May as well throw my hat into this one. I am looking to get into a lease for a small SUV (CX-5, RAV4, Escape) for 2 years while I wait for my preferred SUV to be released (RAV4 Prime), how does one figure out the best deal on a 2 year lease?
It looks like the 2021 Rav4 will go on sale this summer and starts at $39K (I assume that's USD).

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/05/29/...prime-pricing/
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote