Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-11-2019, 10:22 PM   #101
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
You said Nintendo games are “pablum” and asked “are people over the age of twelve excited (about Pokemon”. Your words. Don’t act so surprised and high and mighty that people defend themselves a bit when you call them babies and children for liking certain type of media because you “just don’t get it”.
Pablum as in bland, uninteresting. Feel free to buy a dictionary at any point.

And yeah, Pokemon games are for kids. They're marketed at kids and designed for kids. I should know; I got my copy of Red in Elementary School, and I was the actual best at it. No one with a link cable could step to my starting 6. Come at me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
If Corsi posts in a forest does anyone reply to it?
I have tried this and the answer is yes. But if people want to get all riled and upset because I don't personally understand the appeal of Nintendo's offerings or why people get so excited about their E3 presentations, that's actually on them.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 10:28 PM   #102
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

By the time BOTW2 comes out the hardware will be two generations behind

game will be fun but I wish Nintendo was a software developer
Old 06-11-2019, 10:56 PM   #103
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I have tried this and the answer is yes. But if people want to get all riled and upset because I don't personally understand the appeal of Nintendo's offerings or why people get so excited about their E3 presentations, that's actually on them.
I agree with you about Nintendo’s target market, although I disagree about the quality of games like BOTW. I just find it funny how you always find a way to state your opinions that gets people riled up. I weirdly respect it.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:11 PM   #104
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Corsi: makes silly argument

OoTC: "but actually..."

Corsi: "WHY YOU SO MAD?"

Like, do you not understand how ridiculous you come across, Corsi? You're clearly not here for discussion or debate. You're just begging for validation, and ironically, it's you that's come across as more upset because you didn't get it.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 12:52 AM   #105
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and a decent PC. The Switch is easily my favourite of all. I wouldn’t say it’s my most played, but man do I ever love that little thing. I don’t know how someone couldn’t enjoy a Switch but to each their own.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:01 AM   #106
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
I have a Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and a decent PC. The Switch is easily my favourite of all. I wouldn’t say it’s my most played, but man do I ever love that little thing. I don’t know how someone couldn’t enjoy a Switch but to each their own.
Personally I'm all about games not the hardware so having a Switch connected to my TV does nothing for me. The only Nintendo franchises that interest me are Zelda and Metroid and to me that doesn't warrant a console purchase. I think Nintendo is great at making games for kids but I just don't get the allure to adults but to do understand the power of nostalgia and gimmicks which is what I feel drives their brand.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:16 AM   #107
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Corsi: makes silly argument

OoTC: "but actually..."

Corsi: "WHY YOU SO MAD?"
What argument? I just don't get the appeal of Nintendo's stuff. How is that an argument? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound, getting worked up because of a subjective preference I happen to hold? It's not like I said people who are into Nintendo products are evil, I just don't understand the appeal.

Again, that you see things this way, especially over a freaking video game system of all things, demonstrates something wrong with you, not me.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 06-12-2019, 07:22 AM   #108
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Exact same way that I feel. The games are fun and easy to jump in and out of, the console brings about portable 2 player games which makes it great for trips, and there is a good variety of games to play.

Also, it is a change of pace to play games that are "light". It makes for a nice break from the post apocalyptic or darker shooters on most other systems.

Where's blaster?
Old 06-12-2019, 07:35 AM   #109
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What argument? I just don't get the appeal of Nintendo's stuff. How is that an argument? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound, getting worked up because of a subjective preference I happen to hold? It's not like I said people who are into Nintendo products are evil, I just don't understand the appeal.

Again, that you see things this way, especially over a freaking video game system of all things, demonstrates something wrong with you, not me.
Your welcome to hold an opinion, but when you suggest Nintendo makes kids games, well, you should probably prepare to be challenged, becuase you are wrong. Do you remember the Pokemon Go craze? Loads of adults played it. I've never gotten into Pokemon, but I'll take Mario over Call of Duty any day. I can enjoy Forza and Mario Kart. I can lose myself in Zelda.

Some of us prefer our games as fun escapism, not gritty war simulators. Just as many adults like to watch ridiculous comic book movies, I don't see why others can't enjoy extremely well designed easily accessible colourful games. Nintendo makes some of the best games in the business, that is indisputable. You may not find a way to enjoy them, but that doesn't mean they aren't incredibly well made.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:37 AM   #110
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:

lol. It's hilarious how upset and "worked up" you are getting because people are challenging you. You can keep trying to deflect your feelings onto others if you like, but we'll just keep laughing at you for it.

However, lets address what little content you have offered here anyway. People were talking about Nintendo's presentation, and you felt the need to say you don't get Nintendo games for what reason exactly? Your subsequent responses make it clear that you aren't interested in any genuine discussion. So what was your actual argument then? "Stop liking things I don't like?"

All I can think of when I read your posts here is this: "Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
Old 06-12-2019, 07:42 AM   #111
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

People aren't "challenging me". They're either saying I said things I didn't say, or getting really angry about a subjective view about video game appeal. I'm not bothered by people disagreeing with my view, but you seem to be really upset that I hold said view, despite the fact that it affects you not at all. Are you unable to enjoy the Switch, knowing that I'm out there, baffled by why people love it so much? Again, this is a problem with you, not me.

There was no argument, by the way. People were really excited about Nintendo's E3 presentation, at least a couple people suggested they were the best at E3, and my response was "I don't get it". Which is the purpose of a discussion forum - to post a response with your view about the thread topic and discussion that's going on. You've been on here for literally fifteen years, you'd think you'd have figured this all out by now, but apparently not? Anyway, then OOTC and you got really upset that I would question the appeal of Nintendo. Which is fairly sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Your welcome to hold an opinion, but when you suggest Nintendo makes kids games
I didn't. Well, except for Pokemon Sword / Shield, which definitely is a kids game. Doesn't mean you can't play it, obviously, but that's who it's aimed at. It's amazing that anyone needs to be convinced of this.
Quote:
I don't see why others can't enjoy extremely well designed easily accessible colourful games.
I didn't say they couldn't. It's surreal how completely unable people are to read and understand "I don't understand the appeal of this thing you like". You all seem to take it as a personal attack on your character. It's frankly pretty funny.

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 06-12-2019 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:53 AM   #112
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
You said Breath of the Wild is severely overrated, but don’t own a Switch or play Nintendo games so have no way of actually knowing. “People like stuff I’m not interested in, I don’t get it” basically sums up all your posts.
Quote:
Wow, you seem pretty upset. It's frankly equal parts funny and sad when someone takes a difference of opinion about their chosen video game platform so personally.
Quote:
You're clearly salty, hence you making a whiny post about my disapproval
OutOfTheCube made a calm measured reply and you respond calling him upset, salty, sad and whiny.

You're acting like a child, grow up.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:54 AM   #113
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Don't own a Switch by the way, to avoid a CorsiHockeyAttack.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:01 AM   #114
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hah... You guys are so upset you can't see straight. Why does this provoke such emotional responses? OOTC's initial post wasn't "calm" or "measured", it was a personal shot at me - "this sums up all of your posts"? Lol.

Seriously my whole thesis in this thread has been that I don't understand the appeal of Nintendo. This, apparently, cannot stand, and we must go to war!
Old 06-12-2019, 08:03 AM   #115
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it windy in here or is it just me?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 08:10 AM   #116
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

lulz u all got trolled by teh PUPPERMASTORZ!!11!

Nintendo games are good, but usually better with friends. hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:28 AM   #117
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So an entire page in the E3 2019 thread is bickering between two posters about which system is best. Ugh. Good ol CP.
8sPOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:34 AM   #118
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

The saddest thing about this thread is that literally no one has mentioned that Larian, the developers behind the best co-op RPGs of the last 5 years (Divinity: Original Sin 1 & 2) are releasing Baldur's Gate III!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 08:49 AM   #119
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
So an entire page in the E3 2019 thread is bickering between two posters about which system is best. Ugh. Good ol CP.
Not really. It's mostly about one poster who felt the need to take a crap on the carpet to draw attention to himself. Though the rest of us are certainly at fault for giving him the attention he craves.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:51 AM   #120
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I have never played a Baldur’s Gate game. 3/4 screen RPG right? Maybe now is the time to dive in because games are scarce and I’ve debased myself by playing 2k19.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote