Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Travis Munroe | RealtorŪ & Property Manager
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2011, 06:48 AM   #41
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think they've been open about 2-3 weeks now, probably not as fast as some other projects have been selling (University City, St. Johns on 10th), but it is Battistella and they have a consistent record of actually building what they start selling (Orange Lofts, Chocolate, Colours, Brunette).
Old 10-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #42
bomba
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
I think they've been open about 2-3 weeks now, probably not as fast as some other projects have been selling (University City, St. Johns on 10th), but it is Battistella and they have a consistent record of actually building what they start selling (Orange Lofts, Chocolate, Colours, Brunette).
It seems to me that the price points are also fairly high so you aren't going to have people coming in droves like University City... more of a niche buyer.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:24 AM   #43
JMN
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Anyone else look into the Alura condos? I'm thinking of purchasing a podium level (2nd floor) unit but am concerned about the noise level. Does anyone live along MacLeod Trail and can give any advice on this issue? I'm interested in their podium level units because the layout I'm interested in is only available on this floor.

What is better for resale, smaller unit on a higher level (floor 8) or a unit that is 150 sqft. larger with a better layout and higher ceilings but is on the 2nd floor?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #44
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't speak for a 2nd floor unit, but when I was on the 26th floor of arriVa you would still hear buses, ambulances, police, fire. I guess it really all comes down to the soundproofing that they put in the unit.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:54 AM   #45
rd_aaron
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
I can't speak for a 2nd floor unit, but when I was on the 26th floor of arriVa you would still hear buses, ambulances, police, fire. I guess it really all comes down to the soundproofing that they put in the unit.
I live pretty high up along MacLeod and if the bedroom window is open, any siren will wake me up. It's relatively quiet with the windows closed though.

If you're facing MacLeod with the 2nd floor unit, you'll probably get a decent amount of noise, although the ATB building is sort of blocking some of it. If you're facing 1st St SE I think you'll get quite a bit of noise as well.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #46
bomba
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
What is better for resale, smaller unit on a higher level (floor 8) or a unit that is 150 sqft. larger with a better layout and higher ceilings but is on the 2nd floor?

This is just my opinion, but I think that being at a higher floor would be better for resale. People that are living downtown would seemingly want to pay extra for a high floor that has spectacular views of the buildings in the core. Best suggestion would be to check out buildings around your building that are completed and get a realtor like Reator 1 (nice plug, huh? ) to pull comps on different floors in a given building to get a realtive idea of price differentials.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #47
JMN
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomba View Post
This is just my opinion, but I think that being at a higher floor would be better for resale. People that are living downtown would seemingly want to pay extra for a high floor that has spectacular views of the buildings in the core. Best suggestion would be to check out buildings around your building that are completed and get a realtor like Reator 1 (nice plug, huh? ) to pull comps on different floors in a given building to get a realtive idea of price differentials.
I was hoping you'd say the opposite. haha I'm trying to justify the purchase of the second floor unit since it's bigger but the same price as a smaller higher floor. The plug was great I'll definitely give him a PM.

Thanks for the advice and opinions everybody!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #48
rd_aaron
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomba View Post
I think you're looking at roughly $3k or more per floor for the exact same unit. So a unit on the 2nd floor selling for $300,000 might be $330,000 or more on the 12th floor.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #49
JMN
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

The second floor is going at approx. $350/sqft for 1020 sqft. vs 12th floor is approx. $408/sqft for 875 sqft. The end price is the same @ $360k, but its a battle of a higher level vs bigger space.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #50
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have always been of the personal opinion that if you are going to live in a tower you might as well get as high up as you can. Plenty of low/mid-rise options out there if you like living lower to the ground.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #51
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

IMO it depends on the view. If there is no view from the 12th (other than into another building) then there is not much of a reason to purchase it when a larger more practical layout is available for the same price but lower.
+ When the fire alarm goes off by accident as it always seems to in my building, you will only have 1 flight to go down!

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 11-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #52
JMN
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Thanks again everyone! Travis, I'll definitely be sending you a message soon.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #53
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
+ When the fire alarm goes off by accident as it always seems to in my building, you will only have 1 flight to go down!
No worries there, arriVa had two fire alarms. A steady 1 beep a second and you were to just stay in your unit, if the frequency increased that was the call to evacuate the building. Plus every unit had a speaker so that security/fire department could keep you informed of what was going on.

Of course many residents didn't bother learning about this and all ended up downstairs during false alarms. Suckers...
Old 11-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #54
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

^^^ lol the luxury of arriva. I just get the worlds most annoying sound at 2am.
The best was on fire alarm testing day I just unplugged the alarm in my home office so I could make some calls. Had some lady come into my condo without knocking and scare the hell out of me by giving my sh** for un plugging during testing.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 11-27-2011, 12:43 AM   #55
bomba
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Would anyone be able to rattle off a quick list of Mid-rise condo developments that are either nearing completion or are still are in pre-sales?

I'm thinking like Pixel and The Block...
Old 11-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #56
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pixel, St. Johns on 10th, MacPherson Place. That's all that is popping into my head right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #57
rsyee
Draft Pick

Anyone check out Calla condos by qualex landmark? I went to pixel and liked the ones they had there but just heard of calla and was wondering if anyone checked it out yet.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #58
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsyee View Post
Anyone check out Calla condos by qualex landmark? I went to pixel and liked the ones they had there but just heard of calla and was wondering if anyone checked it out yet.
My client\brother who is also a CP member bought there. Always a fan of Qualex Landmark, never been a fan of Batistella. Quality isnt even close IMO.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:51 PM   #59
bomba
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsyee View Post
I went to check out Calla last week and it looks like a really nice development.

What I noticed between Pixel and Calla is that it seems to me the 2 bedrooms are better priced at Pixel and 1 bedrooms better priced at Calla. If you look at the sold units chart at both developments you'll see that Pixel has sold out of most of its 2 bedrooms and Calla most of its 1 bedrooms so IMO its what you're in the market for in terms of space. Also, do you prefer to be in Kensington or the Beltline?

The interior finishings to me seemed fairly similar for the most part.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #60
rsyee
Draft Pick

Interesting... I was leaning towards a 1 bedroom plus den at pixel bit i guess ill check out calla before i decide. Id prefer to live in kensington than beltline.

Tags
arriva , calgary condos , condo pre sale , nuera , university city condo