Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2020, 08:44 PM   #1
Playfair
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Open Office Advice

Hello!

I am doing an Open Office presentation for a funeral. I was unexpectedly commissioned to do it. It is a bit daunting as I don't know the people involved.

Anyways, my question is I tried to add music to it but iTunes wouldn't let me. Is there a way of doing it? I figured worst thing that will happen I will just run music from YouTube for the presentation.

I was OK with that, until I remember the brain trust that exists on CP. So thank you in advance for any and all advice!
Playfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:24 PM   #2
chubeyr1
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playfair View Post
Hello!

I am doing an Open Office presentation for a funeral. I was unexpectedly commissioned to do it. It is a bit daunting as I don't know the people involved.

Anyways, my question is I tried to add music to it but iTunes wouldn't let me. Is there a way of doing it? I figured worst thing that will happen I will just run music from YouTube for the presentation.

I was OK with that, until I remember the brain trust that exists on CP. So thank you in advance for any and all advice!
First off I hate your job. Some one needs to do it though.

Should you not know how to do your job? Sorry I am being a jerk. Dont ask the family for advice with your lack of knowledge. I am still being a jerk sorry! Dealt with people in the past and it still pisses me off today.

Good on you for wanting to learn to change stuff up. It could mean a lot to a family.

With that said I would point you to AC here. With media stuff he seems to be the pro here.

Nothing wrong with asking for help.

Good luck. Impress the family!
chubeyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:38 PM   #3
gasman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

What is an open office presentation?
gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:46 PM   #4
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think he's saying he has to do a PowerPoint presentation, but he only has Open Office (the freeware knockoff of Microsoft Office)
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I-Hate-Hulse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2020, 11:00 PM   #5
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playfair View Post
Hello!

At worst, you can download the music directly from youtube, there are a bunch of apps out there to do it.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:21 PM   #6
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Came to suggest you don’t convert your office space to open concept, but I guess that isn’t the question. God damn embarrassing when people take meetings at their desks!
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:56 PM   #7
Playfair
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
At worst, you can download the music directly from youtube, there are a bunch of apps out there to do it.
No that's exactly what I'm going to do. Thank you sir! I'm just trying to help a family going through a rough time. Quite the responses though. Once again, you can count on the Captain!
Old 01-28-2020, 11:58 PM   #8
Playfair
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubeyr1 View Post
First off I hate your job. Some one needs to do it though.

Should you not know how to do your job? Sorry I am being a jerk. Dont ask the family for advice with your lack of knowledge. I am still being a jerk sorry! Dealt with people in the past and it still pisses me off today.

Good on you for wanting to learn to change stuff up. It could mean a lot to a family.

With that said I would point you to AC here. With media stuff he seems to be the pro here.

Nothing wrong with asking for help.

Good luck. Impress the family!
You sound like quite the pleasant individual. But thank you