Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-09-2016, 08:40 PM   #21
BOSSY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Easy do it yourself if your mechanically inclined... Certainly dangerous if your not paying attention - and if your not paying attention can do a lot of damage - but you can save a couple hundred by doing it yourself in half an hour... A wrench and a couple ratchet extensions to release then up the spring tention is the scary part...
BOSSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:33 PM   #22
psicodude
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSSY View Post
Easy do it yourself if your mechanically inclined... Certainly dangerous if your not paying attention - and if your not paying attention can do a lot of damage - but you can save a couple hundred by doing it yourself in half an hour... A wrench and a couple ratchet extensions to release then up the spring tention is the scary part...
This is amongst the worst advice I have seen on this forum. You could literally die if you screw up. NOT worth saving a couple of hundred bucks.
psicodude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to psicodude For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2016, 09:09 AM   #23
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ i would agree that this is a job that looks easy; however, it is very dangerous.

i would not fool around with this myself
Old 03-10-2016, 11:49 AM   #24
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Great guy. Quick, prompt, polite, reasonable.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:54 AM   #25
BOSSY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicodude View Post
This is amongst the worst advice I have seen on this forum. You could literally die if you screw up. NOT worth saving a couple of hundred bucks.

Don't recall giving anyone advice - just said (like a lot of things) it's easy to do if you know what your doing... But like a lot of things that's the key. And very much worth saving a couple hundred bucks - again if you know what your doing...
BOSSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 10:05 PM   #26
ozzy
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post
Thanks for the good review. I called him today and he came and fix my door. Great guy, very polite and it was one of the most reasonable price out of all the companies I called.

I highly recommend done rite doors.
ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ozzy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2017, 07:43 AM   #27
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd like to know what the savings are for replacing it yourself, as it is normally a $250 dollar job to have someone come out and replace the springs.

once again, it looks like and easy job, but, I would not do it on my own due to the risk.

as an aside, Canadian tire sells a product made specifically for lubricating garage doors. you can also use it to spray your spings. I am not sure how much better it is than all purpose type sprqay lube
Old 11-16-2017, 09:45 PM   #28
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Anyone needing garage repair work done I highly recommend done rite doors. Not only were they the best price I was quoted, but I got same day service and the job was done very quickly and handled all the clean up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post
Thanks CP. I had a cable break on one side. I called Done Rite Doors, and was very pleased. Responsive, quality fix, reasonable price, and good advice. I would recommend him as well.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:52 PM   #29
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicodude View Post
Bah, whatever. It's not hard at all, just pay attention to what you're doing. I had no issues replacing my spring. People on here are so quick to pay for professional help.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to V For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2017, 12:12 PM   #30
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

broken spring this morning. called doneritedoors and they are coming out this afternoon to fix it.

priced out doing it myself but is was $60/spring so ($120 + GST) for just the springs. would have to rent the bars to tension the spring. so total cost difference in having someone who knows what their doing perform the work is around $80.

I know I could do it but $80 inst worth the savings to try myself without the safety concerns.

This price also includes a full maintenance on the door
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:35 PM   #31
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I followed the instructions here, had no problems other than poor instructions in the door installation manual that had bolts going the wrong way(into the backs of the wire drums), so I had to wind the springs twice...

http://ddmgaragedoors.com/diy-instru...on-springs.php

They also sell a neat system(second video) that lets you wind the springs with a drill. That would make future adjustments very easy.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:48 AM   #32
jeffporfirio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
Thanks for the good review. I called him today and he came and fix my door. Great guy, very polite and it was one of the most reasonable price out of all the companies I called.

I highly recommend done rite doors.
Thanks for the recommendation.
One of the springs on our garage door broke last night., I remember seeing this thread and called. Lonnie answered right away and was able to come in this morning. He fixed everything in under two hours, the price was very reasonable and he was great to deal with.
jeffporfirio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:23 AM   #33
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lonnie is great. I had another guy (had high Google reviews) come in to replace the spring in my garage and he ended up doing such a poor job that it burned out my garage door opener. Lonnie fixed the other guy's ####ty work and put in a new opener and all is good.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:49 AM   #34
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Lonnie from Done Rite Doors is awesome. He did work on our garage in Cochrane. Very reasonably priced and did a great job
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:06 PM   #35
89 GEETEE
Draft Pick

I would like to recommend Lonnie from Done Right Doors. My garage door spring broke last night, Lonnie replaced the springs and serviced the door today.
89 GEETEE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 89 GEETEE For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2018, 07:57 PM   #36
WordBandit
Draft Pick

Default Doneritedoors -- yes, it is Done Right!

Thank you everyone for the great advice in this thread. I was contemplating replacing my 2 broken springs myself, but this thread convinced me to call Lonnie at Done Rite Doors ( http://www.doneritedoors.com/ ).

I emailed him (via his website "contact" tab) Saturday. He replied that evening and came today (Monday). His price was great. As others mentioned, his cost above the price of parts, was well worth having an experienced person take care of this. He also performed an inspection of the full mechanism and did minor maintenance (lube and tighten).

I highly recommend Lonnie for your garage door repairs.
WordBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:00 PM   #37
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, great having another totally unbiased review added to the conversation!
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2018, 08:35 PM   #38
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

WordBandit would never do that, the name alone is very trustworthy.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2018, 09:03 PM   #39
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

Is garage door repair the new Israeli lock scam?
I recently broke my garage door and went online looking for someone to fix. The first three companies I selected all offered the same $99 weekend repair service. After digging a bit they all had addresses in residential neighbourhoods, fake five star reviews and a promise of a cheap call out.
I ended up calling one of the legitimate companies and waited until Monday to avoid paying a decent weekend rate. It was fixed for $100 or so with no markup on the call-out rate.

I am sure the scam guys would have needed to replace my door or opener at a huge rate.
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:33 PM   #40
BigNumbers
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordBandit View Post
Thank you everyone for the great advice in this thread. I was contemplating replacing my 2 broken springs myself, but this thread convinced me to call Lonnie at Done Rite Doors ( http://www.doneritedoors.com/ ).

I emailed him (via his website "contact" tab) Saturday. He replied that evening and came today (Monday). His price was great. As others mentioned, his cost above the price of parts, was well worth having an experienced person take care of this. He also performed an inspection of the full mechanism and did minor maintenance (lube and tighten).

I highly recommend Lonnie for your garage door repairs.
Honestly Lonnie, coming on and doing stuff like this does more damage to your company's reputation then it drives business to you. If my door broke. I would have called you, based on the legit reviews in this thread - but now, I'll think twice.
BigNumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigNumbers For This Useful Post: