Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2017, 12:44 PM   #1401
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Pittsburgh has more favorable schedule than NE, and get the Pats at home. I think the #1 seed is theirs to lose.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:45 PM   #1402
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced Flames fan View Post
Certainly can't lay the last two losses on Osweiler.
I know he's from your home town.....but he's horrible. Those guys know they've lost the game before they take the field with him. It used to take 5 games for Denver to give up 90 points. Very little could have prevented them from losing those two games. But that whole team played worse the past two weeks than they had leading into these past two games. Their Special Teams were really awful last night.

At this point an injury to Brady is the only thing that prevents the Patriots from winning again. Pittsburgh''s offence is too sluggish on the road and every other team either has a bad offence or bad defence.

The NFC is still intriguing. If you concede the Eagles as being the best team. Who's next? Minnesota, New Orleans, Los Angeles are all at 7-2. If Sherman was still healthy I wouldn't sleep on Seattle either. Carolina should also have 7 win after tonight's game. The injury to Rogers really opens things up.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:01 PM   #1403
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
As a dolphin, nothing made me happier this morning than watching highlights this morning and seeing the much applauded bills D be completely incapable of making a tackle against the Saints.

I realize Miami is likely to get their arses handed to them tonight,but as long as the bills suck too, i am satisfied
Well you were right about that.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #1404
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Pittsburgh has more favorable schedule than NE, and get the Pats at home. I think the #1 seed is theirs to lose.
I don't know. The defense has been good, but they have been underwhelming so far offensively.

Joe Rutter‏ @tribjoerutter
Stat of day. Steelers are one of just 5 teams not to have 30-point game this year. The other four (Giants, Browns, Bears & Chargers) are a combined 7-29.

that's pathetic. Even with an aging QB and a truly horrible OC they should be a lot better.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:05 PM   #1405
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I don't know. The defense has been good, but they have been underwhelming so far offensively.

Stat of day. Steelers are one of just 5 teams not to have 30-point game this year. The other four (Giants, Browns, Bears & Chargers) are a combined 7-29.

that's pathetic. Even with an aging QB and a truly horrible OC they should be a lot better.
I mostly blame Todd Haley though. His play calling is atrocious. He's afflicted by the same thing that happens to Dave Dickenson when his team hits the red zone. Passing plays on 3rd and 2 with Le'Veon Bell.

With all the PI calls now, Pittsburgh should be going deep a TON, but they just don't. Junky swing passes for 3-4 yards, reverses that go nowhere.

Incredibly frustrating to watch with all the weapons they have.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:21 AM   #1406
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

That should change Thursday, they play the Titans =(
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:25 AM   #1407
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bills have benched Tyrod Taylor. Kinda seems like a panic move, and obviously signals the end for him in Buffalo. Denver and Jacksonville seem like the likely landing spots for Taylor in the offseason.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:03 AM   #1408
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Bills have benched Tyrod Taylor. Kinda seems like a panic move, and obviously signals the end for him in Buffalo. Denver and Jacksonville seem like the likely landing spots for Taylor in the offseason.
Denver was when Kubiak was there since they tried to sign him before. With him gone it’s no more likely than every other QB on the market that will be linked to them. I’d be happy with it, I like him a lot.

I think we both know Elway will screw this up and draft Allen so he can bust out like Lynch.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:07 AM   #1409
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't friggin wait. I'll be in the stands for the Steelers/Pats game in Pittsburgh!!!!! Should be a very important game.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 10:01 AM   #1410
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
It really does.

Taylor was abysmal last weekend, no question. He was pretty good the week previous though and has the team in a playoff spot. One thing he can be faulted for though is holding the ball far to long. That has to change.

However, the defense has given up 81 pts the last 2 games. Ugly stuff. So the solution is to bench your starting QB and play a rookie 5th rd pick instead?

Seems like a rookie mistake from a rookie head coach. A guy who is touted as a defensive guru.

This has the potential to blow up all over the place.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:10 PM   #1411
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Taylor is a hard QB to judge. The advanced stats put him amongst the best QB's in the league but his regular stats are not that impressive as his career completion percentage is below average at 62.7% and while he only throws 6 interceptions a season he averages about 18 TD passes thrown which annually which is also mediocre. I feel he's pretty serviceable but needs to be propped up by a solid running game and defense. That said I have no idea what McDermott is thinking here as the Bills still have a leg up on what is looking like a pretty mediocre group of teams vying for the last wildcard spot and I don't think starting a rookie like Peterman when the season is still in the balance is a good idea.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 11-15-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #1412
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unreal catch by Antonio Brown for the TD...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:55 PM   #1413
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Have to think the winner of that Pats Steelers game will be hosting the AFC Championship game. That's the only loss left on either teams schedule. When Pittsburgh is in synch on offence they are a really good team. Their defence is starting to emerge as a really good unit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 06:34 AM   #1414
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
That should change Thursday, they play the Titans =(
nailed it.

Antonio Brown is not human. Fastest player ever to reach 700 receptions, fifth consecutive 1000+ yds season, also on pace for his fifth consecutive season with 100+ receptions. And that helmet catch ... wow.

If Roethlisberger plays like he did in the second half, they are a contender in my opinion for sure. Defense is looking really good, they are among the leagues best in almost every category. Getting the offense going is key for them every week, and sadly, I don't trust Haley in that regard.

I imagine Mariota must be a very frustrating QB to follow on a weekly basis. Some excellent passes and drives in there, but some terrible decisiond too. You could see a couple of those picks coming from a mile.
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 07:22 AM   #1415
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
nailed it.

Antonio Brown is not human. Fastest player ever to reach 700 receptions, fifth consecutive 1000+ yds season, also on pace for his fifth consecutive season with 100+ receptions. And that helmet catch ... wow.

If Roethlisberger plays like he did in the second half, they are a contender in my opinion for sure. Defense is looking really good, they are among the leagues best in almost every category. Getting the offense going is key for them every week, and sadly, I don't trust Haley in that regard.

I imagine Mariota must be a very frustrating QB to follow on a weekly basis. Some excellent passes and drives in there, but some terrible decisiond too. You could see a couple of those picks coming from a mile.
No it's mostly the OC's fault IMO. He still thinks its the 90s with how run happy he is. He doesn't allow Mariota to get into a rhythm at all. I was expecting this to be a loss yesterday, short week and going into Pittsburgh is never easy. If Walker makes that easy TD catch it's a completely different finish. Tip your hat to the Steelers they took the young Titans to school.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:10 AM   #1416
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
nailed it.

I still didn't like the TD by the Titans right after the half. New England loves that play call, pass down the middle.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank MetaMusil For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 09:12 AM   #1417
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank MetaMusil View Post
I still didn't like the TD by the Titans right after the half. New England loves that play call, pass down the middle.
yes, that one sucked. But still, I think the defense can give them a chance in every game ... Heyward is having an unreal season, Watt is one of the best defensive rookies in the league, Shazier is great as usual, Hilton has been a pleasant surprise and Davis is steadily improving. Really solid unit, despite Burns struggling a bit and Dupree still having a lot of room for improvement. They didn't really miss Haden yesterday, but I expect that to change at some point ...

Walkers drop in the endzone was a key moment, that proved to be a real backbreaker for Tennessee. Don't really expect that from him, he was completely open. If he catches that one, it's a different game for sure.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #1418
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

That TD drop by Delani Walker was a killer. He catches that and game was either tied or Titans ahead. Would have kept them in the game, not having to force throws.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:00 PM   #1419
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I know he's from your home town.....but he's horrible. Those guys know they've lost the game before they take the field with him. It used to take 5 games for Denver to give up 90 points. Very little could have prevented them from losing those two games. But that whole team played worse the past two weeks than they had leading into these past two games. Their Special Teams were really awful last night.
It's a matter of perspective. I'm certainly not touting him as the solution at this point. But, with the season lost he's the best option until they decide Paxton Lynch is ready for his audition.

Denver will do with their QBs what Calgary did with the goaltenders this offseason. It'll be a complete shuffle.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:19 AM   #1420
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I think the Giants are going to beat the Chiefs today. KC defence looks awful and their offence had a bad first drive. I don't ever remember the Chiefs beating the Giants in New York.