Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-28-2019, 07:38 PM   #1561
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
Looks like 1st in the West has a new secret admirer.

NSFW!

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 09-28-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2019, 10:28 PM   #1562
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Looks like 1st in the West has a new secret admirer.

NSFW!
1st in the West is just not that into Gainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:48 PM   #1563
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol Duron Carter. Makes a big catch for the team then takes a ridiculous penalty.#

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:53 PM   #1564
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Carter. Why?

And then claybrooks why not punt it deep and or go for the rouge??
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:55 PM   #1565
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Odell Willis is not far behind Carter...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:59 PM   #1566
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Wow why didn’t khari kick the FG??? Unbelievable
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 11:08 PM   #1567
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
Carter. Why?

And then claybrooks why not punt it deep and or go for the rouge??
i think Claybrooks decision was sound there. got a really good kicker having a great game. and yes Carter is such a loser. someone on BC needs to not so gently let him know that is unacceptable.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 11:49 PM   #1568
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
1st in the West is just not that into Gainer.
The gap between secret admirer and unwanted stalker is smaller than you’d think.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2019, 01:28 AM   #1569
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

The whole 'Bombers in 1st place' thing in July & August was more a function of schedule. Looking back now their 'hot start' of 5-0 were two wins against Edmonton, and one each from Ottawa, Toronto, & BC. Those teams have a combined .291 win percentage as of the end of this week. Should not be a surprise that when the schedule moved into more competent teams that they would then go 4-5 since that opening stretch.

It doesn't get any easier for them:

They play Calgary twice, Sask once, & Montreal once. That group has a .641 win percentage. Probably going to be tough for them to host a playoff game this year, which is critical to any playoff success as they are 3-4 on the road vs. 6-1 at home.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:31 AM   #1570
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Yeah the Riders are legit for real...ugh. The Bombers? Not so much.

Hughes and Johnson have that defense rolling right now. Fajita is playing well too though any games against that Argos defense dont really count for much...no matter who the QB is.

I fore see a Riders/Stamps West final.....and it will be hatred at its highest from both sides.

Bring it on.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:23 AM   #1571
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

The questions are how close is Jorden and has Huf contacted Marken Michel about a possible return?!?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1177396646369517569
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:46 AM   #1572
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Yeah it seems like a no-brainer that Michel isnt back unless he believes there is another NFL opportunity coming soon...which is entirely possible.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:53 AM   #1573
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Yeah the Riders are legit for real...ugh. The Bombers? Not so much.

Hughes and Johnson have that defense rolling right now. Fajita is playing well too though any games against that Argos defense dont really count for much...no matter who the QB is.

I fore see a Riders/Stamps West final.....and it will be hatred at its highest from both sides.

Bring it on.
Trying to figure out why the Bombers are getting disregarded here? This was their first stinker of the season, and it's over? Winnipeg demolished the Riders what, 3 weeks ago? Could have been a sweep too if not for Halls 'prevent winning D'. I mean really, the Bombers turtled and surrendered two huge leads over Toronto and Montreal that never should have happened. They're still 9 wins like SSK and that's it, write them off because the best team in the league handed them their asses?

Emotionally I get where the team is, I'm there too. Should have swept the Riders with them on their 5 and not a lot of time left. Blew 2 huge leads, including last weekend against MTl. So the teams confidence is in the ####ter. I don't think the Bombers are nearly the complete team I thought they were earlier in the year because we can see our coaching and Hall D is giving away late game leads like candy... but it's not over. They have control of their destiny in their hands with 2 games against Calgary and next week against Saskatchewan. Just have to get over the mental hurdle and let down of blowing 3 games they had in the bag. Can MOS coach them thru it? i hope so.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:32 AM   #1574
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Trying to figure out why the Bombers are getting disregarded here? This was their first stinker of the season, and it's over? Winnipeg demolished the Riders what, 3 weeks ago? Could have been a sweep too if not for Halls 'prevent winning D'. I mean really, the Bombers turtled and surrendered two huge leads over Toronto and Montreal that never should have happened. They're still 9 wins like SSK and that's it, write them off because the best team in the league handed them their asses?

Emotionally I get where the team is, I'm there too. Should have swept the Riders with them on their 5 and not a lot of time left. Blew 2 huge leads, including last weekend against MTl. So the teams confidence is in the ####ter. I don't think the Bombers are nearly the complete team I thought they were earlier in the year because we can see our coaching and Hall D is giving away late game leads like candy... but it's not over. They have control of their destiny in their hands with 2 games against Calgary and next week against Saskatchewan. Just have to get over the mental hurdle and let down of blowing 3 games they had in the bag. Can MOS coach them thru it? i hope so.

Two words

Chris Streveler

He is great running back...not a great QB.

The CFL allows you to go as far as your QB takes you. Unless you have an elite defense. WPG has a good defense and a below average QB. Not sure how that translates into success.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:39 AM   #1575
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Two words

Chris Streveler

He is great running back...not a great QB.

The CFL allows you to go as far as your QB takes you. Unless you have an elite defense. WPG has a good defense and a below average QB. Not sure how that translates into success.
The general consensus among the Bomber fans was Streveler was good, but was the victim of a lot of dropped passes and a poor game plan (still threw for over 300 yards). I think he's actually been a lot more effective than Nichols this year, and I'm a Nichols fan. Streveler engineered a late game TD that should have been enough for the LDC, and trucked the Riders in the BB (thru the air and running). He doesn't get enough credit for how smart he is and how he's improving.

Last edited by White Out 403; 09-29-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:09 PM   #1576
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

He has 6 TD's and 8 interceptions.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:10 PM   #1577
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
He has 6 TD's and 8 interceptions.
Sure does. Losing record too. Still more effective than Nichols was. You cant just use the stat line to see how effective a single player is within a team. Nichols is the 2nd highest win % qb in Bomber history. No one will convince me he's a better QB than Dieter Brock, Matt Dunigan, or Khari Jones.

Last edited by White Out 403; 09-29-2019 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:37 PM   #1578
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

I really dont understand what it is you are even arguing.

You asked why the Bombers were being "disregarded".

I explained why i believe they are nothing more than a 3rd place team at this point.

What Matt Nichols has or hasnt done, has no bearing on how good Streveler has looked...which isnt very good.

Games ratchet up this time of year and he looks like there is little chance he has the ability to step up his game...i could be completely wrong but based on the evidence thus far, the chances of that are low.

The team has lost 3 of 4 at the time of year things get harder, the defense has been lit up by backup QB's the last 2 weeks, and their QB is not even average at this point, and they have lost their once solid grip on first place.

Yeah, i am not convinced they have what is needed to recover and win the West.

Pretty straight forward stuff.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:49 PM   #1579
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I really dont understand what it is you are even arguing.

You asked why the Bombers were being "disregarded".

I explained why i believe they are nothing more than a 3rd place team at this point.

What Matt Nichols has or hasnt done, has no bearing on how good Streveler has looked...which isnt very good.

Games ratchet up this time of year and he looks like there is little chance he has the ability to step up his game...i could be completely wrong but based on the evidence thus far, the chances of that are low.

The team has lost 3 of 4 at the time of year things get harder, the defense has been lit up by backup QB's the last 2 weeks, and their QB is not even average at this point, and they have lost their once solid grip on first place.

Yeah, i am not convinced they have what is needed to recover and win the West.

Pretty straight forward stuff.
I guess it isn't so straight forward to me when the team you're putting ahead of them was dominated for 6 of 8 quarters just 3 weeks ago, including a total drubbing. As the weather gets colder running will be more important, and the Bombers do it very well. But sure, agree to disagree.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:39 PM   #1580
Slanter
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I think the CFL has basically been split into two tiers this season. It's been tough to rank the upper tier (cgy, wpg, sask, ham, and yes, I think mtl) because there are mixed results within that group. So you have to expect that the chatter is going to be focused on what happened recently.

But if you want to keep it simple, here are the records of the upper tier since labour Day:

cgy: 4-0
Sask: 3-1
ham: 3-1
mtl: 2-2
wpg: 1-3

Not hard to see why people are down on the bombers right now. But I still believe they fully deserve to be considered in the upper-tier, and they have plenty of opportunities to prove you right the rest of the year. They only play the good teams from here on out.
Slanter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slanter For This Useful Post: