Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2018, 10:28 AM   #181
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm rooting for the Bombers to surpass Saskatchewan, Edmonton, and BC to become Calgary's main western rival. I didn't watch much of them this year beyond the Calgary games, but seems like a QB change may be necessary?
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:09 AM   #182
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
I'm rooting for the Bombers to surpass Saskatchewan, Edmonton, and BC to become Calgary's main western rival. I didn't watch much of them this year beyond the Calgary games, but seems like a QB change may be necessary?
I dont think Nichols was that bad yesterday, moreso the Calgary defense did what it has done to every other team this season.

Number wise they may not be the best defense ever, but in the results and contribution to a team....they are probably right there and certainly the best in Calgary history in the modern era.

Winnipeg just got outplayed by an extremely good defensive team.

I would suggest that's why the Stamps open as 4 pt. favorites against a QB that just shattered an all-time record for TD throws in a playoff game.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:27 AM   #183
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Bombers lost by 1 score against the #1 team in the league who had the bye, in their stadium. The Stamps D played probably the best defensive game I've ever seen in the CFL. They got pressure without having to blitz, they blanketed our receivers, and the one chance Winnipeg had to win we over threw a pretty easy pass to Harris. That was the game. Harris scores there and who knows what happens, Winnipeg takes a lead late in the 3rd in a defensive struggle. Its gut wrenching but it happens.

There won't be many changes to the Bombers next year, and the goal has to be to finish 1st and get the bye. Upgrades are needed at the receiver position.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:36 AM   #184
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
The Bombers lost by 1 score against the #1 team in the league who had the bye, in their stadium. The Stamps D played probably the best defensive game I've ever seen in the CFL. They got pressure without having to blitz, they blanketed our receivers, and the one chance Winnipeg had to win we over threw a pretty easy pass to Harris. That was the game. Harris scores there and who knows what happens, Winnipeg takes a lead late in the 3rd in a defensive struggle. Its gut wrenching but it happens.

There won't be many changes to the Bombers next year, and the goal has to be to finish 1st and get the bye. Upgrades are needed at the receiver position.
Well the Stamps were without almost all of our receiving core.

If Bo isn't gone to the NFL this was the Bombers best shot at beating the Stamps. However if Bo is gone then it's another story.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:37 AM   #185
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Well the Stamps were without almost all of our receiving core.

If Bo isn't gone to the NFL this was the Bombers best shot at beating the Stamps. However if Bo is gone then it's another story.
Nothing lasts forever.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #186
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:

You wouldnt think so but after the game there were some curious comments from both Nicholls and Harris that kind of suggested otherwise.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:02 PM   #187
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Nothing lasts forever.
Right...including having a Stamps team missing 4 starting wide receivers.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:05 PM   #188
fireguyfire
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:

Lets not forget the stamps left 17 points on the field; a missed field goal, a touchdown called back by a real penalty and a touchdown called back by an imaginary penalty. If those things go differently this game was over by half time.
Enjoyable game to watch but the boys need to be much better next Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fireguyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #189
fireguyfire
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:

Lets not forget the stamps left 17 points on the field; a missed field goal, a touchdown called back by a real penalty and a touchdown called back by an imaginary penalty. If those things go differently this game was over by half time.

fireguyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:22 PM   #190
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguyfire View Post

What imaginary penalty?
Old 11-19-2018, 12:32 PM   #191
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What imaginary penalty?
I imagine it was the offensive pass interference call that Dickenson challenged.

He didn't win the challenge but it was a bad call.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:33 PM   #192
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post
I imagine it was the offensive pass interference call that Dickenson challenged.

It was a bad penalty to take but it was a pretty obvious call that even people here were agreeing on. You can run your route thru a defender but he hit the guy who was attempting to cover the receiver. Pretty obvious to me. The only other call would be the holding on the kick return for a TD where they got the number wrong but the replay showed an obvious hold.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:37 PM   #193
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

One thing I have come to learn...

if Bo does leave for the NFL (Why not take a chance...)

Huff will find a suitable replacement.

This team has been in elite status since he took over all those year ago...
Old 11-19-2018, 12:42 PM   #194
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post

It's a play that happens multiple times in a game and usually not called just like holding by the offensive line. They called it and the replay showed by definition it was interference although if it was the other way around and no penalty was called and O'Shea challenges it for interference he probably loses the challenge as well. It was also holding on the kick return which sucks because I don't think it mattered as Adeleke probably still gets the TD. For the most part the officiating was pretty good and while they missed the Harris lateral for a 4 yard loss that would have taken the Bombers first 3 points off the board there weren't really any other mistakes that effected the score. At the end of the day their best offensive player in Harris rushed for less yards than Don Jackson so if that's the case it's not much of a question which team is going to win the game.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2018, 12:46 PM   #195
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Bo leaves, any chance Stamps attempt to woo Riley away from Esks??
I_H8_Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:50 PM   #196
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_H8_Crawford View Post
Virtual certainty, I’d say.

But they won’t succeed. Bringing back Maas makes his return very likely.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:50 PM   #197
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_H8_Crawford View Post
Doubtful as Reilly would go to BC before considering Calgary as he's got ties to Hervey and he's been there and it's closer to home and family. I'm not worried about Bo going to the NFL. No way he gets a guaranteed roster spot from any team. It will be up to him if he wants to try out for a team but there's no patience with CFL players so he will be sink or swim and won't have any scouts or anything in his corner and no draft stock. I still believe Jeff Garcia doesn't even make the 49ers as a backup if it wasn't for Bill Walsh in his corner.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 11-19-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:06 PM   #198
krazycanuck
Won the Worst Son Ever Award

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm not worried about Bo going to the NFL. No way he gets a guaranteed roster spot from any team. It will be up to him if he wants to try out for a team but there's no patience with CFL players so he will be sink or swim and won't have any scouts or anything in his corner and no draft stock.
I think having possibly two injured knees might scare off any potential interest as well. Hard to give guaranteed money to an unproven (NFL) player who isn't near 100%.

However, the CFL CBA opens up all sorts of uncertainty. Maybe the AAF or XFL start to look more attractive to a big name CFLer.
krazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krazycanuck For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2018, 02:16 PM   #199
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will be very interested to see what happens with the league after the AAF starts play, and the XFL in 2020. I can't imagine a scenario both succeed. As long as one of the league catches on it will def hurt the quality of player on average in the CFL. It could prove to be devastating.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:15 PM   #200
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Will Sunday also be Singleton's last game as a Stampeder?

I imagine he could catch as a backup in the NFL and maybe play some special teams -- but even that's not a certainty.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote