Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2021, 10:52 AM   #3041
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

CBDT was always going to be a longer play, it just got caught up in some of the growth. I bought some AC today, as well as Ballard. I have several stocks that I see as having potential from the new economy we seem to be barrelling towards. Metals mining companies and renewables, plus I took a flyer on SOLO when it went down today. Most of it is for longer time frames though, and not big positions. I still have a few more stable dividend stocks with bigger positions that make up the bulk of my portfolio that I'm managing.

I agree on the sentiment that any money not growing right now is going to get hammered in the future.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2021, 05:14 PM   #3042
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

3% down today.

Getting caught up in SPACs was a bad idea.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:15 AM   #3043
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Can someone much smarter than me explain whats happening with this stock: OTCMKTS: LXRRF

I stupidly bought this in 2017 and the company dissolved its been at zero ever since until today when life was shown. My account wont let me trade it but its showing the boost, is this a mirage? Am i still screwed or is there hope this thing actually came back from the dead?

Many thanks!

Edit - Well it jumped to 4.5 cents and now down to 0.0033 so maybe it was false hope

Last edited by Iggy_12; 04-21-2021 at 10:22 AM.
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:27 AM   #3044
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It's almost comical watching the little bit I have invested in psychedelics (MMD and NUMI) find new lows over and over.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kybosh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2021, 03:38 PM   #3045
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
3% down today.

Getting caught up in SPACs was a bad idea.
And up 2.5 today.

It's becoming clear I am a good ETF picker and a lousy stock picker, DD be dammed.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:33 PM   #3046
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
It's almost comical watching the little bit I have invested in psychedelics (MMD and NUMI) find new lows over and over.
Wow, I hadn't checked MMED since getting out at $4something. Maybe time to jump back in.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:00 AM   #3047
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Wow, I hadn't checked MMED since getting out at $4something. Maybe time to jump back in.
I'm in around $3.70 so we'll see how things shape up. Psychedelics don't really have the consumer market potential that cannabis has so we'll see what really happens here in the long run. From a pharmaceutical perspective, I appreciate the science and potential applications but, ya, don't think I'll be making much money here.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:26 AM   #3048
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I bought a little PSYK last week which is an ETF. You can see their holdings here:

https://www.horizonsetfs.com/etf/psyk

I have no idea which companies will do well, so figured I'd leave it to Horizon to figure out.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:11 PM   #3049
GomerPile
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurnaceFace View Post
Here's a highly speculative one. QYOU. They are a Toronto based media company and their main product is a Hindi language youth channel in India. They have reach to 650 million people. I've followed since December and they have recently announced a monetization effort which caused a bit of a spike today. They could end up a penny stock forever or they could break out but thought it was an interesting market to play in.
This has been a fun one to watch and have a small play in. This week has been cool, new ratings high, advertisers signing on.
GomerPile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GomerPile For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2021, 12:20 PM   #3050
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

$COIN - ugh.
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:14 PM   #3051
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
And up 2.5 today.

It's becoming clear I am a good ETF picker and a lousy stock picker, DD be dammed.
DD on SPACs is extremely difficult to be fair. A lot of them with "big name" backers didn't outperform those with "nobodies" running them. It's super difficult, IMO.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:07 PM   #3052
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
DD on SPACs is extremely difficult to be fair. A lot of them with "big name" backers didn't outperform those with "nobodies" running them. It's super difficult, IMO.
Definitely agree.

But even my non SPAC stocks I did my DD on have suffered from "accounting irregularities".

Apparently mathing is hard for some people.

I was going to open a position in ZCLN a couple months ago, but don't like Plug Power and thankfully got that one right.

All in all, I'm happy for the lessons. Now time to exit some positions and wait for good opportunities. I do think this is something you have to experience and learn it your own way.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:37 PM   #3053
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Depends on your goals. I've done pretty well buying them when they are at a discount to trust.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:50 PM   #3054
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
Depends on your goals. I've done pretty well buying them when they are at a discount to trust.
Yeah you can clip a few points that way with the potential for a big gain if it pans out. But quite a few come out and trade at a premium right away because of some names involved, and those haven’t worked out more often than those with out the name.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:58 PM   #3055
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah you can clip a few points that way with the potential for a big gain if it pans out. But quite a few come out and trade at a premium right away because of some names involved, and those haven’t worked out more often than those with out the name.
Yeah. I don't buy SPACs at a premium. Over a big sample size that is a nearly sure way to lose money.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:41 PM   #3056
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

My SPACs are MP, NGA and CLOV. Got in all of them before the deals went through.

I only really regret CLOV.

Secondary offerings are complete horse#### for retail. MP was doing fine until they flooded the market with shares. It's damn near impossible to know when they are going to happen or when lockups are going to expire.

Basically it is a sure fire way to get screwed.
Old 04-23-2021, 08:17 AM   #3057
moncton golden flames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I hope you jumped back in yesterday! Nasdaq uplisting announced for Tuesday! Shares up about 30% today.

moncton golden flames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to moncton golden flames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2021, 08:26 AM   #3058
flylock shox
1 millionth post winnar!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncton golden flames View Post
I hope you jumped back in yesterday! Nasdaq uplisting announced for Tuesday! Shares up about 30% today.

For those lucky folks who did get in yesterday, SCR may provide a recent cautionary tale when it comes to the Nasdaq listing. Lots of folks expected SCR to rocket when it went live on the Nasdaq, and instead it began its long decline (now trading at about 50% of its value at the time).

If it were me, I'd probably just pocket my 30% gain and then take a wait-and-see approach.
flylock shox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flylock shox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2021, 08:28 AM   #3059
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylock shox View Post
For those lucky folks who did get in yesterday, SCR may provide a recent cautionary tale when it comes to the Nasdaq listing. Lots of folks expected SCR to rocket when it went live on the Nasdaq, and instead it began its long decline (now trading at about 50% of its value at the time).

If it were me, I'd probably just pocket my 30% gain and then take a wait-and-see approach.
I'm still under by entry price, so I'm definitely in a holding pattern. I'm basically just hoping for some good clinical trial results and regulatory approvals.
Old 04-23-2021, 08:55 AM   #3060
moncton golden flames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylock shox View Post

I dca'd my way into this one to avg 1.39. Want to get my initial investment back out and then let the rest ride, thought about doing it on or near uplisting day.

moncton golden flames is offline   Reply With Quote