Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-31-2018, 06:33 PM   #1
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Big Ole Storage Unit Clear Out Sale

I'm getting rid of my storage unit and I've got some cool stuff. First and foremost....BEANIE BABIES! Yeah, come get em. According to the official Beanie Baby Investment Guidebook (BBIG for short), some of them are due to reach peak value this year...2018. I don't think I need to explain what a BIGG opportunity this is. This could jump start your BBIG retirement.....One dollar each or take every gd one of them for fifty cents.

DeWalt 10 inch double mitre compound chop saw with stand. Good shape, used steadily for a couple years but still runs as well as ever. With the stand and a mid to sharp blade. $250

An amazing collection of short story collections...mostly American, 80;s-90's. There are some real gems. It's a beautiful collection but not worth much of anything really. Probably 500 books. Would appreciate getting rid of them all. Really not too interested in selling one at a time. $100.

A cool collection of miniature liquor bottle from all over the world. About 800 bottles. People do sell these for a lot. Maybe like $200 if you want them all. No doubles, no cheapies. Mostly very unique and collectible.

Art. Man if you need paintings I got paintings. Very fine art. While not cheap I promise you would get a fantastic deal if you're interested in something.

Mystery safe. Lost the key. Something is in there. But what?

My baby book. If you need coins from my birth year my mom will sell them to you for 150k times their face value.

Camping stuff. Rock climbing stuff. I wouldn't recommend buying second had climbing stuff if you're going to use it for climbing. But it's handy to have extra mountaineering or glacier travel equipment.

It's at Maple Leaf Storage in Sunridge so that's where I'd meet if anyone is interested. There's more stuff there but I forget. No furniture, appliances, clothes, decor items or useful stuff. Just weirdo, obsessive compulsive, time spent off meds stuff.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2018, 12:26 AM   #2
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any specifics on the paintings? If there’s a Lichtenstein hiding in there I’d be interested.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:10 AM   #3
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

No Lichtensteins. No Roy's at all actually. This stash is part of a larger collection and kind of hard to describe or sell. The ones that I recommend buying are a Toller Cranston, Suren Voskanyan, Kevin Sonmor, Olivia DeBerardinis. I'd buy them back any time.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:23 PM   #4
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Your mystery safe intrigues me. My only concern is that to determine whats in the mystery safe would require the destruction of the mystery safe and as such nullify any potential future usefulness in the case that what was in the mystery safe to begin with was of insufficient value in comparison to said cost of the mystery safe.

You can of course imagine my quandary.

Than you sir and good day!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:27 PM   #5
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, but just think about how cool it would be to say "We're going to have to blow the safe"

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:18 PM   #6
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think I should xray the safe. I bet there is jewelry in it. I'd be thrilled if my childhood hockey cards were there. I think my brother stole those. I saw him yesterday. He still look shady when he's around me. I know what you did bro. You got my Gretzky rookie card in your wallet right now don't you?
Old 08-02-2018, 09:07 AM   #7
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
I think I should xray the safe. I bet there is jewelry in it. I'd be thrilled if my childhood hockey cards were there. I think my brother stole those. I saw him yesterday. He still look shady when he's around me. I know what you did bro. You got my Gretzky rookie card in your wallet right now don't you?
I'll tell you what, I have a friend with a farm and some tools and we can crack that thing open.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2018, 09:41 AM   #8
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I'll tell you what, I have a friend with a farm and some tools and we can crack that thing open.

No man. I was just out there yesterday to do the final clean up and all I found was a kangaroo rug, a bobcat rug, a badger mount and a case of mango club soda. I had no idea they made mango club soda. It's delicious. Know anybody who needs a kangaroo rug?
Old 08-02-2018, 09:59 AM   #9
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No man. I was just out there yesterday to do the final clean up and all I found was a kangaroo rug, a bobcat rug, a badger mount and a case of mango club soda. I had no idea they made mango club soda. It's delicious. Know anybody who needs a kangaroo rug?
Who doesnt need a Kangaroo rug? Mine is out getting cleaned at the moment. Its a staple, I find it really ties the room together.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:56 PM   #10
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Mystery safe. Lost the key. Something is in there. But what?

Last edited by Dion; 08-02-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:05 PM   #11
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man those guys are dumb. I'm just going to lite mine on fire, then put it our just before it burns through the metal door.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:14 PM   #12
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

What sort of a deal are you doing for the art? I can imagine that you are wanting to recover some of your input costs.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:44 PM   #13
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2018, 03:35 PM   #14
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
What sort of a deal are you doing for the art? I can imagine that you are wanting to recover some of your input costs.

Yeah but it's more of what it's actually worth in the secondary market. I'll always show anybody the legitimate gallery price, the price you could expect at auction and then what my price is. Several are much less than auction results just because I got good deals on them through trades or other deals. One is more because it's worth it. I'll lose money on a couple and make money on a couple. And I'll always buy anything back. I own it for a good reason and wouldn't mind seeing it all again.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:43 PM   #15
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, I forgot (or blocked out) that most of my childhood was spent wandering around the badlands hiding from drunken family members and collecting dinosaur bones. I completely forgot about my best collection of all. I opened a super heavy box and couldn't believe the size of some of them bones. They're huge and cool. I'm sure it's illegal to sell them. But I want to sell them. If I had to hide in a coal mine from my drunk aunt who was always throwing darts at me I'm damn sure getting paid for it. At the time I think it was legal to collect fossils without digging. It was not however legal to throw darts at your nephew. In the interest of clarity I mean both lit cigarettes and pointy projectiles. Thoughts? Re: dinosaur bones.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:57 AM   #16
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

1)Mix spit with dinosaur bone shavings
2)Send to Ancestry.ca
3)???
4)Profit!!!!!
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:18 AM   #17
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
1)Mix spit with dinosaur bone shavings
2)Send to Ancestry.ca
3)???
4)Profit!!!!!

Open Creationist museum with authentic Devil planted artifacts?
The Following User Says Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2018, 10:31 AM   #18
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Open Creationist museum with authentic Devil planted artifacts?
Actually I think you might be a little late to the party on that one.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:25 AM   #19
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Might be interested in checking out some bones. I'll check with a geo friend to see if she wants to see your collection as well.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post: