Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2022, 04:16 PM   #3381
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Stoney Trail, North Hill and Kramer Mazda are owned by the same group.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 05:16 PM   #3382
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofpucks View Post
This was 10 years ago, but we had a good sales experience at Stoney Trail Mazda; have you tried them? Really disliked the other Mazda dealerships though, they all seemed really sleazy. The only other advice is maybe look at dealers out of town? When the Calgary Toyota dealers were giving me the run around I ended up calling the Lethbridge dealership and they were great to deal with. And I ended up buying a truck from the Ford in Cochrane because the sales manager was the easiest to work with.
Thanks, appreciate the suggestions. I'm not in Calgary anyways but in Brooks. I thought maybe a CPer might know someone at a dealership or have a connection or something. I have been talking to some dealerships in both med hat and Lethbridge so far.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 05:17 PM   #3383
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
Doesn't surprise me, likely the good experience was based on quality of sales, service and finance staff at that particular dealership. Those things make a big difference in my opinion.
Old 06-23-2022, 05:52 PM   #3384
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Aren’t most vehicle sales “factory order” right now anyway? I know people with pre-orders down waiting anywhere from 3-12+ months due to chip shortages and all that.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:24 AM   #3385
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
I just bought a new 3 from Stoney Trail Mazda, and I've taken my old one to North Hill for service several times and had good experiences each time. For buying the new car I priced it out on the website, figured out what my after tax price should be, and they had no issue meeting it. I wasn't concerned with getting a deal since I knew that's impossible in this market, so I was happy with MSRP and no pushy sales guys trying to add in extra fees
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:30 AM   #3386
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I bought a new CX-5 from Kramer two years ago, nothing but good experiences in sales and service. Price was fair, negotiation was easier than other dealerships, service has been a dream. We have friends that bought from North Hill the same week, they seemed happy as well.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:58 AM   #3387
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
Anyone know of a dealership that isn't currently gouging customers with extra fees and will actually sell for cash at MSRP? So tired of getting the run around the prices going up by like 5000+ for fake dealer add on stuff or "Alberta advantage" package. Bait and switch on the websites is pissing me off too. For reference I'm looking for a small SUV, Mazda CX-30 GT Turbo, Hyundai Kona N Line, VW TAOS, Chev Trailblazer. Something along those lines.
Have you tried Unhaggle me? It's relatively easy and no fuss.

I know what I am doing so I know how to haggle further than the Unhaggle method, but Unhaggle is pretty close to best price for those dealerships within a few hundred bucks to a G usually.

BTW, does anyone write the location of the tire after swapping them? I usually will use chalk to write the year and tire position I removed it from so that when I swap the winters/all seasons back on, I can easily evaluate how to rotate the tires. I'm thinking a grease pen or marker might be more convenient going forward though.

I got a "I gotta ####ing do that" disbelief reaction the other day when someone walked by and asked me what I was doing (Chalking the tire position in the inside of the wheel before putting it into storage). It's not that crazy... right?
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:31 AM   #3388
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
BTW, does anyone write the location of the tire after swapping them? I usually will use chalk to write the year and tire position I removed it from so that when I swap the winters/all seasons back on, I can easily evaluate how to rotate the tires. I'm thinking a grease pen or marker might be more convenient going forward though.

I got a "I gotta ####ing do that" disbelief reaction the other day when someone walked by and asked me what I was doing (Chalking the tire position in the inside of the wheel before putting it into storage). It's not that crazy... right?
It means you're running a tight ship and the guy questioning you is a tit. You're good, dude.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 10:40 AM   #3389
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Have you tried Unhaggle me? It's relatively easy and no fuss.

I know what I am doing so I know how to haggle further than the Unhaggle method, but Unhaggle is pretty close to best price for those dealerships within a few hundred bucks to a G usually.

Absolutely. I still have some rig chalk so similar to grease pencil etc.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 10:42 AM   #3390
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I stack my winter wheels/tires in a specific order from passenger front clockwise so I know the one on top wheel is always drivers side front.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:42 AM   #3391
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

They make crayons specifically for that:

https://www.amazon.ca/Markal-Marking.../dp/B004N84CQI

Absolutely label them.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 10:45 AM   #3392
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

BTW, I started writing on the treads. I was doing the sidewall of the wheel that faces inside, but my markings weren't disappearing year after year, so I had to switch up my system. I guess my grease marker is a little too good or something.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:54 AM   #3393
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ha, ya I had the same issue with the whole not driving anywhere during the pandemic thing.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 01:13 PM   #3394
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
BTW, I started writing on the treads. I was doing the sidewall of the wheel that faces inside, but my markings weren't disappearing year after year, so I had to switch up my system. I guess my grease marker is a little too good or something.
Brilliant!
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:20 PM   #3395
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Looks like I'm getting a 2022 Mazda CX-30 GT Turbo from Lethbridge. They were willing to bend me over just slightly less than the rest of the dealerships. Thanks again for everyone's suggestions, much appreciated.
Old 06-26-2022, 09:58 AM   #3396
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
They make crayons specifically for that:

https://www.amazon.ca/Markal-Marking.../dp/B004N84CQI

Absolutely label them.
i get mine at Princess Auto. Always write on the treads. Nice and big.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 10:54 AM   #3397
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post

Do you perform a full rotation or just back-to-front?

If the latter, you could just mark the tires position as a function of even/odd years and not worry about the grease wearing off or not.

I don’t use a grease pen, but I have a mark on the tire bag which works fine.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 11:44 AM   #3398
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Do you perform a full rotation or just back-to-front?

If the latter, you could just mark the tires position as a function of even/odd years and not worry about the grease wearing off or not.

I don’t use a grease pen, but I have a mark on the tire bag which works fine.
On the cars where the tires aren't directional I do a full rotation, otherwise I think the only option is swapping back to front/front to back.
Old 06-26-2022, 12:51 PM   #3399
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wrong thread.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 07:41 PM   #3400
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Electric cars (and one van) dominated Goodwood this weekend. I think the coolest car in this video is the Subaru with active aero though.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post: