Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2020, 11:54 AM   #2261
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I think there is some Horsemen teasing going on. Cody, possibly Spears, and FTR would be my guess. Arn and Tully involved.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 12:02 PM   #2262
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I honestly feel like Moxley has stalled, I had really high hopes for him in terms of what he could do character wise after he left WWE and posted that video, but he seems to have fallen into being pretty 2 dimensional, and they ran him through everyone in a hurry. Maybe turn Cody complete heel and have that matchup? Though Cody is really a charisma vacuum in his current character.
I think The Elite are all going heel with the exception of Hangman. Smart play would be to have Omega turn on Hangman, be the one to take the belt off Mox and then have Hangman run through The Elite to eventually get the belt off of Omega.

Cody's work as a narcissistic heel on the indies and in NJPW was pretty good, so hopefully he's heading back down that road.

Might be smart to also start having the Lucha Bros work towards being singles competitors as faces. Fenix is a top babyface in Mexico, so it wouldn't be a big stretch for him.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:04 PM   #2263
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well for whatever it's worth, Moxley appears to be the main draw in AEW. Dynamite smoked NXT in total viewers and the 18-49. Presumably having the DemoGod on hand helped, too.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:43 AM   #2264
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't even care that Jericho can't go in the ring like he used to. He's still an absolute treasure.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1284165133766479872
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2020, 11:17 AM   #2265
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does Orange Cassidy wear a shirt with his own face on it? That's amazing.
Old 07-19-2020, 12:26 PM   #2266
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Extreme rules is on tonight, it just doesn't feel like a great ppv in the making with more scripted movies and more bizarre match conditions.

Rey vs Seth and Eye for an Eye match (Winner gets to pull out the losers eye)

I don't know how they're going to pull this off, and its a stupid premise because they literally can't pull it off, especially in a blood free WWE. Seth Rollin's star has fallen a bit and Rey is not under contract, so this about getting Rey's son a career in the WWE. Look for Junior to betray his dad and save Seth from an eye removal.

Winner Rey.

Apollo Crews(C) vs MVP for the US Title

MVP has been a great mic man for Lashley and a good manager, but I can't see them putting a belt on him and killing off Crews

Winner Crews

Braun Strowman vs Bray Wyatt in a swamp match.

The Fiend is dead and buried, maybe we see him come back in this match, but that wouldn't make sense. Bray is pretty much dead and buried as well. I expect that Strowman will get the push on this in a heavily scripted movie.

Winner Strowman

Bayley (C) vs Nikki Cross Smackdown Woman's title

Bayley has been exceptionally good as a heel now that she's figured it out. I like Nikki but I feel this is more about breaking Alexa free from Nikki. Look for Bayley to win and Alexa to wreck Nikki

Winner Bayley

Sasha Banks vs Asuka (C) Raw woman's title

I can see them continuing Sasha and Bayley as the woman's version of the NWO destroying both brands. Look for Sasha to win with heavy interference by Bayley

Winner Sasha Banks

Drew McIntyre(C) vs Dolph for the WWE Title

I think that Dolph is criminally underused. I also think that Drew is pretty boring as a champion and is getting the Reigns replacement push. Dolph is known for putting on good matches and losing. Look for this to happen.

Then Brock comes out and wrecks Drews Shyte.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 12:28 PM   #2267
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Don't even care that Jericho can't go in the ring like he used to. He's still an absolute treasure.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1284165133766479872
Already looking forward to him turning 50 and talking about being outside the demo

He needs to keep doing commentary more and more to the point he becomes permanent
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 01:52 PM   #2268
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The more I think about Jericho coming out and promoing on the demo the more I kind of cringe at it. It came across as a pouty person calling out their boss.

I love Jericho, I think he's extremely creative, but he's moving into some cringeworthy territory, and he's not a guy that should be working all that much.

The fact is that in terms of wrestling, all of the bigger groups WWE and AEW are doing horrifically bad in a day and age with no competition.

Old 07-19-2020, 02:31 PM   #2269
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bragging about winning the target demo when the other show gets more total viewers seems so Oilerish to me.

I understand it's important for advertising but anyone who says they don't care about getting more total viewers is lying. The more people you have watching your show the better regardless of age.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 03:16 PM   #2270
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Bragging about winning the target demo when the other show gets more total viewers seems so Oilerish to me.

I understand it's important for advertising but anyone who says they don't care about getting more total viewers is lying. The more people you have watching your show the better regardless of age.

Quit getting worked, ya mark.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2020, 03:25 PM   #2271
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Quit getting worked, ya mark.
I'm not getting worked at all. I just think it's silly. If AEW gets more total viewers one week they won the week. If NXT does then they did.
Old 07-19-2020, 03:34 PM   #2272
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think even then when your talking demographic breakdowns on what really amounts to a relatively small number of views <750,000, is weird.

Old 07-19-2020, 06:14 PM   #2273
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Fun little ppv so far with some good matches, even the eye for an eye worked . . . until the end. It doesn't work without blood, but having Rey lying there clutching his face without any hint of blood or a peeled grape or something wrecks the illusion.

Though the over acting by Seth puking in the corner, like actually puking in the corner made me laugh, because I'm sick.

Old 07-19-2020, 07:28 PM   #2274
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is that a dilapidated boat?
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2020, 08:50 PM   #2275
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

It was a pretty good PPV until that last match, I just can't get into these convuluted movie of the week things.

I guess this is how they killed off Bray's preacher character, or maybe he absorbed Braun, or something, it was just too goofy.

However if Alexa Bliss invited me to live with her in a swamp I would so be there.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:17 AM   #2276
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's a rumor going around that the reason the US title match was pulled last night is because Apollo tested positive for Corona.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:27 AM   #2277
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
There's a rumor going around that the reason the US title match was pulled last night is because Apollo tested positive for Corona.

Yeah, that's what I heard too. It was a weird way to move things forward, but MVP has been pretty awesome.

The ending of the Asuka Banks match was just weird booking, that's not going to really go anywhere unless Banks refuses to give up the belt.

I would love to have Bayley show up tonight with a official Ref's license and flash that out, and state since she's an official WWE referee the decision has to stand.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:10 PM   #2278
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The ending of the Asuka Banks match was just weird booking, that's not going to really go anywhere unless Banks refuses to give up the belt.
Yeah, though I'm sure Vince was in the back calling it "good ####".

Things like that are why I don't like that there's no authority figure whether they're crooked or not. People know it's just a show but it atleast adds some realism to it instead of just making it look like the inmates running the asylum. Even though he's not there physically you know that Regal is running NXT.
Old 07-20-2020, 12:20 PM   #2279
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, though I'm sure Vince was in the back calling it "good ####".

Things like that are why I don't like that there's no authority figure whether they're crooked or not. People know it's just a show but it atleast adds some realism to it instead of just making it look like the inmates running the asylum. Even though he's not there physically you know that Regal is running NXT.

I think with NXT the leadership group is Shawn Michaels, Regal and is it Matt Bloom (Albert).

Yeah, your right, I think the Bayley Asuka thing would have worked with a authority figure that's crooked.

It just in terms of storyline screams stupid that someone wasn't coming down when Bayley took over as Ref and then they had the 5 minute celebration.

Writing and booking is utterly killing this business now.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:48 PM   #2280
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It just in terms of storyline screams stupid that someone wasn't coming down when Bayley took over as Ref and then they had the 5 minute celebration.

Writing and booking is utterly killing this business now.
Yeah, you could have had another ref argue with Bayley and then have Sasha knock him out with a chair shot from behind or low blow him and then have them rush out of the building.

I think in alot of cases fans take it too seriously (I thought it was pretty funny seeing Tamina headbang to The Game a couple weeks ago) but with things like this I can see why they would eventually get turned off and stop watching. It's basic match booking logic.