Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2022, 07:44 PM   #81
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaris View Post
Next week I will need to, to get on plane. Still confused why that’s a thing.

Please make sure you get the emotional support required to get through that ordeal.
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brendone For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2022, 09:10 PM   #82
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Next week I will need to, to get on plane. Still confused why that’s a thing.
It’s a crazy world. Be sure to make mention of it when you’re there getting an X-ray with your shoes off.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2022, 09:22 PM   #83
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...mmune-systems/

So shouldn't we be focusing our vaccine passport systems (eg. federal ones) on immunocompromised people versus unvaccinated people?

Follow the science right?

(I'm being facetious and don't think we should actually do that, but any remaining restrictions are preposterous from my perspective).
Your conclusions are preposterous. anything that reduces spread will reduce the chance of variants.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 09:33 PM   #84
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
It’s a crazy world. Be sure to make mention of it when you’re there getting an X-ray with your shoes off.
You definitely want to be vaccinated and wearing an N95 around all those people with their shoes off.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 09:50 PM   #85
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
I thought you were one of the people advocating for paying less tip now that minimum wage is much higher? I might be misremembering.

I also didn't think tip-out was that high. I thought it was 5%, so then a 10% tip would be split evenly between kitchen and server. That seems fair to me.

I am aware I do have a bias against servers though - the food industry as a whole is a massive black hole of unpaid taxes between servers not claiming their tips as incomes to business using zapping technology to reduce sales tax remittances.

I stand by 10% as reasonable now given the rise in wages.
Yep I was certainly on team tip less, I think I said 12% was simialrnto 15 with an 8% tip out and a wide variety of assumptions. Depends on the restaurant for how much tip out is.

Last edited by GGG; 03-11-2022 at 09:54 PM.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 07:50 AM   #86
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1502408403573886978
calculoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 10:52 AM   #87
Chonger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Dr. John Campbell breaking down the Pfizer documents

https://youtu.be/7YOD9drZasM

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Chonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 11:12 AM   #88
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chonger View Post

Not a medical doctor, not someone that has a history of providing factual and scientific response/opinions on COVID 19.

Not someone that should get any air time on this topic.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2022, 12:01 PM   #89
ikaris
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Not a medical doctor, not someone that has a history of providing factual and scientific response/opinions on COVID 19.

Not someone that should get any air time on this topic.
https://windsor.ctvnews.ca/data-is-p...ents-1.5816089

I am curious to see how many of these adverse effects were actually related to the vaccine. “Don’t worry, that side effect you are experiencing is just a coincidence. Nothing to see here.”
ikaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 12:47 PM   #90
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:

I am curious to see how many of these adverse effects were actually related to the vaccine. “Don’t worry, that side effect you are experiencing is just a coincidence. Nothing to see here.”
Yeah, gonna be wild when this report reveals something billions of real world doses hasn’t. Wild stuff.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2022, 01:01 PM   #91
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sometimes it rains when the skies are clear. Fear the blue sky.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2022, 05:05 PM   #92
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Just look at Vares for a very similar dataset to cherry pick.

I am happy for the ruling though, data should be public.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2022, 08:28 PM   #93
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Agreed, the data should be openly available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Yeah, gonna be wild when this report reveals something billions of real world doses hasn’t. Wild stuff.
I'm not even surprised by their crackpot theories any more.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 07:29 AM   #94
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chonger View Post

He misunderstood the data & has already apologized and admitted he had it wrong.

Starts at 3:55 into his latest video. "It was poorly phrased" and he didn't understand what he was reading.

It's clear he didn't understand it and he continues to put his biased opinion on this by saying doctors & nurses he knows don't know what it means either. I'm sorry but his anecdotes are meaningless and irresponsible. He suggests that if he doesn't know how to report issues then doctors and nurses won't either. Problem is, he doesn't know this to be true, he's just trying to deflect, which is pathetic.

He's not a medical doctor. At the beginning of this it was fine for him to go over numbers, but he's gone way beyond his scope, making assumptions and statements that are simply incorrect.

He stated several times during that original video that the data is complicated even for him, that's obvious.

He also claimed Japan was prescribing ivermectin when they weren't because he confused an official from a private healthcare company with a government official. The guy has lost it.

Last edited by AFireInside; 03-13-2022 at 07:39 AM.
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AFireInside For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2022, 10:07 AM   #95
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Just for context, the Gardisil (HPV vaccine) package insert lists motor vehicle accidents and gunshot wounds as fatal adverse events from their trials. To make a long story short, they include everything that happens to anyone who was vaccinated in these adverse event lists. Only when the rate of adverse events exceed the background rates does it become a safety signal.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2022, 10:08 AM   #96
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Like many others, I think John Campbell has found that it can be very profitable to tell anxious antivaxxers what they want to hear, and his subjects and arguments have been tailored accordingly. Even if accuracy is a casualty.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2022, 10:27 AM   #97
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFireInside View Post
He misunderstood the data & has already apologized and admitted he had it wrong.

Starts at 3:55 into his latest video. "It was poorly phrased" and he didn't understand what he was reading.

It's clear he didn't understand it and he continues to put his biased opinion on this by saying doctors & nurses he knows don't know what it means either. I'm sorry but his anecdotes are meaningless and irresponsible. He suggests that if he doesn't know how to report issues then doctors and nurses won't either. Problem is, he doesn't know this to be true, he's just trying to deflect, which is pathetic.

He's not a medical doctor. At the beginning of this it was fine for him to go over numbers, but he's gone way beyond his scope, making assumptions and statements that are simply incorrect.

He stated several times during that original video that the data is complicated even for him, that's obvious.

He also claimed Japan was prescribing ivermectin when they weren't because he confused an official from a private healthcare company with a government official. The guy has lost it.
Medical doctors, unless they are also involved in research, are not qualified to interpret research. That's not what they do. Someone with a PhD would be much better off interpreting research, than the average medical doctor, who is a practitioner, not a researcher.

John Campbell has a PhD in nurse education. Part of his job is to interpret research and then teach it to nurses. He would also be involved in creating scientific literature, so would have far more experience interpreting research than a medical doctor. You would not trust a practitioner with interpreting scientific data or coming up with policy. That's not what they do. Practitioners are limited to applying approved medical treatments.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 10:42 AM   #98
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Like many others, I think John Campbell has found that it can be very profitable to tell anxious antivaxxers what they want to hear, and his subjects and arguments have been tailored accordingly. Even if accuracy is a casualty.
And the morons just lap it up like eager puppies and spread it around like it's gospel when all it is is dangerous misinformation and conpletely irresponsible.

Idiots.

Just love how ####ing smug they are about it too. Like they're smarter than everyone else when in reality they are just gullible morons.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 11:37 AM   #99
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another wave starting in Europe. So within 2 months we'll be borked again.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1502675479077130240
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 12:28 PM   #100
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^ who knows what will happen with that - but I do think this is a reason to be cautious about the language used when pulling restrictions. There's always a chance you have to bring things back and if you're parading around that this is over every time the cases/hospitalizations dip - you end up angering people if things turn again.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote