Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2020, 12:40 PM   #841
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
That's actually a great idea.

Don't take this the wrong way, but do you feel lame riding an assisted bike? I feel like I might feel judged by complete strangers and would shy away from an assisted bike for that irrational reason.
I actually feel like I'm better than the people on their normal bikes

Keep in mind I have a rascal that I used to take to the bar just for fun, so I may have a malfunctioning shame meter.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2020, 12:45 PM   #842
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think I've ever looked down on an ebike or assisted bike. If anything, those guys often seem like they are faster and don't hold up traffic as long. From a non-cyclist, I think they're cool. I have no idea how cyclists perceive these though.

An old school assisted bike with a motor always turns my head because I think they're kinda neat. It makes me think of a super bare bones stripped down motor bike and often feel a little vintage steam punky. Especially the ones with that look like and sounds like it has a go kart motor strapped to the bike.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 12:46 PM   #843
Misterpants
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I actually feel like I'm better than the people on their normal bikes

Keep in mind I have a rascal that I used to take to the bar just for fun, so I may have a malfunctioning shame meter.
"Wait a minute, someone hooked this thing up backwards!"
Misterpants is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misterpants For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2020, 01:11 PM   #844
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Good for you, Sliver. One of us, one of us!
Who'd have thunk it?

Quote:

Don't take this the wrong way, but do you feel lame riding an assisted bike? I feel like I might feel judged by complete strangers and would shy away from an assisted bike for that irrational reason.
I had this view when they first came out. Now I don't think about it. The only ones that bother me are the non announcing a-holes who whip past you doing 50 on the pathway. The more bikes out there, the merrier. These things will allow me to bike pretty much until I'm dead.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:35 AM   #845
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Since I haven’t been able to see my grandchildren other than from a distance I love getting the pictures they make me happy. I thought this was cute. A picnic at the beach.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2020, 03:40 PM   #846
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
I read a tweet about the Couch to 5K program last month. I was curious, and after doing a bit more research, I decided to give the program a shot.
Update: I ran for 5km continuously today, a bit ahead of schedule according to the program but I felt comfortable doing it! Couch to 5K has honestly been life-changing for me- I never thought I could run like that before!
Old 06-19-2020, 04:19 PM   #847
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I took a 2 hour lunch today to hike Knox Mountain. That includes drive time, I’m way out in the boonies. Just don’t tell my boss. Actually I’m not sure it would matter. He seems pretty chill.

Felt good to get some real exercise.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2020, 06:01 PM   #848
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

So, I purchased a Pfister LED shower head from a Rona clearance bin a couple of years ago. Set it aside and forgot about it. Anyway, I came across it today in my garage and decided, what the hell, let's give it a try. Removed the old one and installed the new one in about 5 minutes.

It's pretty cool. It lights up depending on whether it is cold, warm or hot. Blue, pink or red. Gives off enough light that you could shower in the dark and still be able to see the whole bathroom. How is this not a thing in every house? It makes me happy.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2020, 06:18 PM   #849
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I feel shame on mine. It’s fantastic though and I would never go back for work commuting. The shame is in my head as anyone who I have talked to about it is interested in it works, how far it goes, I’m the one who brings up how it’s cheating.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:40 PM   #850
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I feel shame on mine.
As you should
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 06-29-2020, 08:25 AM   #851
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Coming home after vacation to a made bed and clean sheets. The best.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:29 PM   #852
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

I’m officially scheduled to become homeless.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:59 PM   #853
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
This make you happy?
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:30 PM   #854
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

My kids were out on the corner of our street waving a Canadian flag for about two hours, and they had so many people smiling and waving and honking their horns it just had me laughing. Considering how rough this year's been, to see so many people enjoying two kids just being kids...it was a happy moment.

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2020, 07:26 PM   #855
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Guy saw my Alberta license plate when I pulled into the brewery parking lot this afternoon on Vancouver island and bought me a beer to thank me for supporting their economy.

I’ll let the wife post in the gear grinder thread about having to come and get me and the car a couple hours later.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 12:11 AM   #856
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Did you fall for the Ol' Carny Scam?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 12:41 AM   #857
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Over 2 weeks ago my elderly (82) mother was in extreme pain and couldn't get out of bed. She would try to stand and would say the pain is worse than birthing. It took a phone call with her doctor on a Friday and me taking her for 2 visits to emergency over a 3 day period before the doctor on the last emergency visit was able to give a correct diagnosis.

Since that time she's had a cortisol shot for the pain and a few visits with a physiotherapist and is now pretty much back to her normal self. She can stand and walk without any pain and is now using her walker less and less. Most of all she has regained the flexibility in her right leg and that smile that was missing.

I can't say enough good things about the ER doctors and her own doctor for getting her on the road to recovery. Mother was terrified and worried about the what ifs and maybes. The team of medical professionals did an amazing job of erasing her fears AND mine too.

Today she was crying and gave me a huge hug and said thank you for being there for me during this brief journey. The nights where I had to help her out of bed and get her to the bathroom, trips to emerg and to her physio, she said she couldn't have done all without my gentle and firm urgings that we will find a cause and a cure.

She's glad she lives with me instead of care home.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:47 AM   #858
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Our medical system is far from perfect but there are some amazing people working within it. My son had arthroscopic shoulder surgery (delayed 6 weeks due to Covid) this week and I cannot say enough good things about the nursing staff at Peter Lougheed day surgery unit. And Dr. Lo knocked it out of the park with the surgery itself. They took great care of him from check in to discharge. Time will tell how successful the procedure was but at this point all signs are good.

This makes me happy.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 11:41 AM   #859
Guest1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Our medical system is far from perfect but there are some amazing people working within it. My son had arthroscopic shoulder surgery (delayed 6 weeks due to Covid) this week and I cannot say enough good things about the nursing staff at Peter Lougheed day surgery unit. And Dr. Lo knocked it out of the park with the surgery itself. They took great care of him from check in to discharge. Time will tell how successful the procedure was but at this point all signs are good.

This makes me happy.
Dr. Lo did mine! I'm a little over 6 months post-op and still have limited ROM. But I'm happy that I will get back to work soon when the pools open (in a limited capacity)
Old 07-02-2020, 12:31 PM   #860
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Did you fall for the Ol' Carny Scam?

Sort of. Sold my place and have not made new living arrangements yet.