Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2022, 08:50 PM   #801
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
Flames don’t have the draft capital this year to obtain him. Not saying he is going to fetch a great return but flames have very limited picks this year.
There's future picks too. He's young enough still and RFA to let go of a 23 2nd or something. And cheap, thanks Oilers.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:52 PM   #802
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

All that aside. Flames need to be looking at high impact centers. Not that Lindholm isn't good enough. He's a #1 on a good team in my books in the first place. But we need to dial back Backlund a bit. Flames need....Monahan...healthy and back to former form.

Last edited by dammage79; 07-05-2022 at 09:07 PM.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 11:48 PM   #803
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
All that aside. Flames need to be looking at high impact centers. Not that Lindholm isn't good enough. He's a #1 on a good team in my books in the first place. But we need to dial back Backlund a bit. Flames need....Monahan...healthy and back to former form.
Kadri would be great but only if he gets a setback in his UFA demands. Maybe if no one offers him what he is asking based on one great season he will get a little more reasonable.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 12:23 AM   #804
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

32 when the season starts. I don't like it Jim.
Old 07-06-2022, 12:26 AM   #805
flamesgod
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Malkin is my centre of choice.
flamesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 12:41 AM   #806
AT77
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Why don’t we have enough draft capital to add into trades?

Ah yes, because we traded them for junk like Toffoli and Jarnkrok, wonderful!
AT77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 01:25 AM   #807
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

With the upcoming Tkachuk/Gaudreau/Mangiapane paydays, we'll be spending too much on the wing, and not enough on the most important position-center. I think we still need a top-6 C.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 05:21 AM   #808
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
With the upcoming Tkachuk/Gaudreau/Mangiapane paydays, we'll be spending too much on the wing, and not enough on the most important position-center. I think we still need a top-6 C.
That’s why I want us to pursue either Thomas or Kyrou + Schenn from St. Louis if we were to trade Tkachuk. We desperately need a 1-2 punch with Lindholm, and I’d much rather have Backlund and Coleman on the third line with a rookie winger like Pelletier or Phillips on the third line. But we know that wouldn’t happen
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 06:39 AM   #809
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
That’s why I want us to pursue either Thomas or Kyrou + Schenn from St. Louis if we were to trade Tkachuk. We desperately need a 1-2 punch with Lindholm, and I’d much rather have Backlund and Coleman on the third line with a rookie winger like Pelletier or Phillips on the third line. But we know that wouldn’t happen
One year of Tkachuk , as good as he is, is not worth Thomas (who produced at over a point a game on a cheap contract and still some years away from UFA, and Schenn, who also produced at about a PPG pace and is signed long term at a reasonable rate.

I'd be surprised if the Blues gave up Thomas along for him, not based on talent per se, but based on cap value and control. And I know the Blues love Thomas, he still has projection left.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 07:09 AM   #810
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Last summer I was a fan of the rumours of trading Tkachuk for a 1st or Neighbours, Thomas and Tarasenko. Most CPers said it was a terrible deal

Now we can’t get Thomas for Tkachuk
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Macho0978 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 07:25 AM   #811
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Robert Thomas is a very very good player. Might be one of the most underrated players in the league. He had an extremely strong second half of the season.
Add the fact that he only makes 2.8 mill next year then is an RFA and that's a ton of value. Can't believe Thomas and Kyrou only make 5.6 mill in total.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1qqaaz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 07:31 AM   #812
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
Robert Thomas is a very very good player. Might be one of the most underrated players in the league. He had an extremely strong second half of the season.
Add the fact that he only makes 2.8 mill next year then is an RFA and that's a ton of value. Can't believe Thomas and Kyrou only make 5.6 mill in total.
That’s the hard part about being a GM. Tkachuk had 105 points so can’t say he was disappointing but Thomas had almost 80 points and Tarasenko had over 80 points and is signed for another year at $7.5 mil. Throw on top a first even in this draft and we all would lining up for that deal

Last summer I got torched that it was awful and Tarasenko was negative value player. Tkachuk has career year and the trade would be a home run now
Old 07-06-2022, 07:32 AM   #813
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho0978 View Post
Last summer I was a fan of the rumours of trading Tkachuk for a 1st or Neighbours, Thomas and Tarasenko. Most CPers said it was a terrible deal

After a 40g, 100 pt season. Still an RFA and his premium preferred destination is..... St.Louis.
Old 07-06-2022, 07:39 AM   #814
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
That’s the hard part about being a GM. Tkachuk had 105 points so can’t say he was disappointing but Thomas had almost 80 points and Tarasenko had over 80 points and is signed for another year at $7.5 mil. Throw on top a first even in this draft and we all would lining up for that deal

Last summer I got torched that it was awful and Tarasenko was negative value player. Tkachuk has career year and the trade would be a home run now
As an aside, I hate this revisionist history stuff. Going back, most people were in favour of a deal like that (plenty of discussion involving some mix of Tarasenko, Kyrou, Parayko, Neighbors, Thomas, and the 1st in Tkachuk for 3-4 piece deals, a lot of people in davour).

There were like 3 people that disagreed with you, pretty respectfully too. Nobody got torched and it was the opposite of “the majority of CP.”
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 07:43 AM   #815
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
After a 40g, 100 pt season. Still an RFA and his premium preferred destination is..... St.Louis.
Put Tarasenko on a line with Johnny and Lindholm and Tkachuk with the Blues and see what happens. Tarasenko gets a boost no question and Tkachuks numbers take a bit of a hit

23 year old ppg player at 2.3 mil don’t grow on trees either

I guess we can wait to see how the Tkachuk contract negotiations go first
Old 07-06-2022, 08:25 AM   #816
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd like to explore those Necas rumors if we are centre hunting. Maybe Mangiapane?
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 08:28 AM   #817
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
I'd like to explore those Necas rumors if we are centre hunting. Maybe Mangiapane?
Could be a real interesting swap.
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:30 AM   #818
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Mangiapane > Necas
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:32 AM   #819
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Mangiapane > Necas
Necas is 3 years younger, shoots right, and plays a premium position. I agree that mangi is better today, but not by much and the gap could easily reverse in three years.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 08:55 AM   #820
Flamesfan05
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Who said we can’t?
Tkachuk is a top end player that should be able to fetch someone like Thomas
Flamesfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote