Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2020, 10:04 AM   #1561
Knut

Exp:

Vico Brings back memories of visiting my Grandparents in Saskatchewan. We would drink gallons of it.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:35 AM   #1562
Johnhitbox
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
I can assure it was a real drink. I'm a little older than Warrener and vodka and beep was our drink of choice at south Calgary high school dances!

Smirnoff ice and a Macs slurpy just before science class central memorial. 2001/2002

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnhitbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:41 AM   #1563
stone hands
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

vodka beep is the funniest two words that have ever been uttered on the fan
stone hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:06 PM   #1564
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Does anyone else get the vibe that Nault does not like Krahn at all? Dude talks down and is a complete ####### to Krahn pretty much all the time.

Also LOL at Stajan telling Nault that his opinion is stupid cause he never played in the NHL this morning. Will Nault seems to be cut from the same cloth as Pinder... has to argue everything and can never back down from his opinion.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:09 PM   #1565
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

I've given up listening whenever Pinder is on.

His condescending laughing and scoffing at whoever he's talking down to (Steinberg usually) makes my skin crawl. Completely unlistenable as far as I'm concerned.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2020, 12:11 PM   #1566
mikeecho
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post

His condescending laughing and scoffing at whoever he's talking down to (Steinberg usually) makes my skin crawl. Completely unlistenable as far as I'm concerned.
The last 2 days of replacements have had me pack it in. Juuuust brutal for the morning and afternoon shows. I was already 90% out. Time to move on.
mikeecho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeecho For This Useful Post:
JBR
Old 03-04-2020, 12:24 PM   #1567
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's interesting how polarizing Pinder is..I think he's actually my favourite personality on there haha. I like Steinberg too, since they broke up the original (for me anyway; moved back to CGY in 2013) morning show of Boomer, Warrener and Pinder, Pinder & Steinberg has become my go-to show on 960.

I could see how he'd rub some people the wrong way though. Yeah Boomer & Warrener kept him in line better, though Steinberg barks back at him too lately I've noticed.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2020, 12:26 PM   #1568
motorcrosser
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Lately, any time Beep comments on goalies, there's a quiet "ugh" sound from Nault.
motorcrosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:37 PM   #1569
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeecho View Post
The last 2 days of replacements have had me pack it in. Juuuust brutal for the morning and afternoon shows. I was already 90% out. Time to move on.

When Logan Gordon is the best you can get to fill in the afternoon show... his mumbling and complete inability to annunciate drives me crazy. Does Kirsh not hear this? It’s worse than a 3rd rate college FM station at 4am.
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JBR For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2020, 01:13 PM   #1570
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohara66 View Post
Does anyone else get the vibe that Nault does not like Krahn at all? Dude talks down and is a complete ####### to Krahn pretty much all the time.

Also LOL at Stajan telling Nault that his opinion is stupid cause he never played in the NHL this morning. Will Nault seems to be cut from the same cloth as Pinder... has to argue everything and can never back down from his opinion.
You need that though. The show would be boring without the counterpoint. The "you have never played" comment might be the worst thing to say on the radio though. Its not like he was making bad points. I thought Stajan didn't sound good in that segment.

With Krahn though I think he is just taking after Boomer a bit in having fun.

Last edited by Weitz; 03-04-2020 at 01:19 PM.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2020, 01:39 PM   #1571
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
The "you have never played" comment might be the worst thing to say on the radio though. Its not like he was making bad points. I thought Stajan didn't sound good in that segment.
yes I have to agree that was junk. now Stajan just may as well slap down that "I played in the NHL" card every single time they don't exactly agree on an analysis, like it's the unbeatable royal flush.

I also didn't find the rest of his argument compelling. "Gio won the Norris last year and scored over 70 points". indeed he did, but that's not what's happening this year. "Everybody gets their shots blocked, it's not like Gio's losing the puck when it happens". Nault wasn't arguing that only Gio's shots are blocked, he was saying that it happens more often to him and does end up in lost possession, and they're not adjusting strategy enough.

the only part of Stajan's commentary that maybe makes sense is that Gio needs productive PP time to feel good during 5v5. ok, if that's how it works based on his NHL experience, then maybe there's something to that.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2020, 03:10 PM   #1572
Tailgator
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post

With you on that. Love the Fan, but his segments makes me want to tune out. Constant interruptions, know it all attitude with bizarre arguments. Makes me grit my teeth. Not sure if it’s supposed to be good listening, but it irritates the hell outta me....
Tailgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:48 PM   #1573
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBR View Post
When Logan Gordon is the best you can get to fill in the afternoon show... his mumbling and complete inability to annunciate drives me crazy. Does Kirsh not hear this? It’s worse than a 3rd rate college FM station at 4am.
Best you can get for what you can afford to pay I imagine.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:08 PM   #1574
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Best you can get for what you can afford to pay I imagine.

I respectfully disagree. There has to be somebody out there who can work for the same wage as this guy, and be able to communicate normally.
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:16 PM   #1575
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess Klein’s quarantine means he’s not on the radio?
Old 03-12-2020, 02:28 PM   #1576
colbym72
First Line Centre

Exp:

This is some great radio right now. No sarcasm. Sylvia called in basically telling us about where she grew up. There is nothing to talk about lol
colbym72 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colbym72 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2020, 03:16 PM   #1577
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

There was the perfect Nault/Pinder exchange on the Morning Show this morning and epitomized Nault's brutal take on everything.

Pinder said he had looked at the NHL standings last night and calculated where the Flames would finish if the season ended today. Nault feverishly argued the point and that Pinder was wrong and he was right because...."I read it on Twitter",....like that was somehow some sort of trump card over Pinder.

Nault is terrible, bring back Klein.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Madman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2020, 03:21 PM   #1578
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbym72 View Post
This is some great radio right now. No sarcasm. Sylvia called in basically telling us about where she grew up. There is nothing to talk about lol
They should start segments filled with just regular callers giving their life stories. Call it The Fan sitdown or something. Then they could finally claim they're living up to the station's moniker.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 03:21 PM   #1579
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman View Post
There was the perfect Nault/Pinder exchange on the Morning Show this morning and epitomized Nault's brutal take on everything.

Pinder said he had looked at the NHL standings last night and calculated where the Flames would finish if the season ended today. Nault feverishly argued the point and that Pinder was wrong and he was right because...."I read it on Twitter",....like that was somehow some sort of trump card over Pinder.

Nault is absolutely brutal. I don’t like the sound of his voice and his opinions are terrible.

Not a huge fan of Steinberg when he was with Kerr but have really come around since he and Pinder paired up. Easily the best show on the station.

I have enjoyed each of Krahn, Commie, and Sarich and actually like how they rotate through every couple of weeks.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2020, 03:42 PM   #1580
colbym72
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman View Post

He was saying he read it on Twitter from Frank Saravelli. Pinder was arguing the same thing that he just saw it online.
colbym72 is offline   Reply With Quote