Exp:

<celebration dance>

Whoop!

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #182
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

My god.....how freakin beautiful was that area the finale was in? Between watching island hunters that took place in a similar area and the race, I'm dying to spend some time there. I could REALLY go for owning property in a lake area like that. Don't think there is anything that comes close to that in Alberta, maybe BC?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 01:10 PM   #183
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

"1 province! 10 towns! 450kms travelled! 2 lifetime memberships for Car2go! A trip for 2 on a Greyhound from Vancouver to Seattle! $1,500 in $5 bills! and the winners of the Amazing Budget Cut Race Canada Season 8!" -Roger Millions
Old 09-11-2019, 02:49 PM   #184
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
My god.....how freakin beautiful was that area the finale was in? Between watching island hunters that took place in a similar area and the race, I'm dying to spend some time there. I could REALLY go for owning property in a lake area like that. Don't think there is anything that comes close to that in Alberta, maybe BC?
The coolest part for me was that the final pitstop was at a camp my wife used to go to as a kid and her family still have homes/cottages on that lake. It is a beautiful area. Every time we come back I think about whether it would be worthwhile for us to get our own cottage out there. Hard to justify though unless we can either spend a lot more time there or set it up as a rental and find someone to manage it.

Not sure there is really a local equivalent to it here as far as lakes and water activities goes. Our equivalent to "cottage country" really is the mountains around Canmore or Radium.
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arsenal14 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 03:59 PM   #185
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
I get it because we spent some time at a cottage near there this summer, and it really warmed me to the idea of getting a place. I don't think I'd want to do that there, because it's too far and too difficult to get there and back easily, but it's pretty great. There are some amazing places there in general. Like some places they call a "cottage" are really enormous homes on a lake.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:46 PM   #186
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh absolutely, total pipe dream. No point in buying property out there unless you lived within a few hours of it.

But I was just in awe. I must have paused the show a dozen times marveling at the beauty of the area. If I could somehow land out there in my retirement years, I'm 100% confident I'd die a happy man.

I just love lake life I think and wow, do they have that out there in spades. I was born in the wrong province. Alberta has it's beauty but nowhere near that.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:45 PM   #187
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dave is giving up some gold (and keeping it classy...) on the TARC Facebook page. Here's his congratulatory post to James & Anthony. He then sticks around to trade barbs with folks commenting:

"Congrats to James & Anthony for winning the last episode of the race! It reinforces the malediction that the strongest teams usually don't win the season.
Season 1 Tim & Tim saved twice by non-elimination, Season 6 winners never won a leg...
Winning most legs during the season is a kryptonite, and we won most episodes and all the faceoffs (easily).
I'm disappointed with our "faux pas'' at the apple sorting, and now the race is personal.
People saying "Dirina are the biggest TAR villains of all time."
"If TARCAN ever does an all-star season these two are at the top of my list. The finale won’t be the same without them and this season would’ve been completely different without them."
"if Amazing race ever had Heroes vs Villains, they're absolutely the top villains."
We're not villains.. we're just fierce competitors.
I fell asleep halfway through the last episode, but I'm proud of all the racers. The final 3 was definitely not the best 3 teams of the season. Sisters never won a leg, A&J saved by non-elimination, got destroyed by us in faceoffs + we gave them an express pass.
I wasn't there for the money, I simply loved to compete, but now it's really personal. We'll be back to fix that malediction.
We're young, healthy, in shape, and have a lot of free time, since we are now pretty much retired.
Anyway, everyone will be back to their day job very soon, while we're back to relaxing in Cyprus. Who's the winners?
Waiting for the All-Star call"

Under that post was a pic of him, I imagine at his place in Cyprus, looking all 'moody/angry/edgelord'...

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 09-11-2019 at 05:47 PM.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #188
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Anyway, everyone will be back to their day job very soon, while we're back to relaxing in Cyprus. Who's the winners?
Waiting for the All-Star call"
Anyone who doesn't live in Cyprus?
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 02:39 PM   #189
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

As expected, CTV instantly cancelled the show after this horrible season where they didn't even have the money to leave the country.

----------

No, wait, they renewed it since it's the most-watched Canadian-produced show on tv; the most-watched summer show; and this season was the most-watched in four years.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1171726767062757376

Also, good news for everyone who loved the Clif Bar sign-up board and all the other amazing brand integrations this season, look for more "customized brand partnership opportunities" in Season 8.

https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/pr...g-race-canada/