Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #1
skudr248
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default SoBow building Inglewood PA SE?

Has anyone bought into this place? Checked it out before to give me a rough idea of the building? There is a 1bdrm unit there I really like (currently out of town) but just wondering when the building will be done and what kind of concerns there are of flooding as it's close to the Bow? Any other info would be appreciated! Thanks guys
Old 07-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

are these the condos that used to be the riverside quays? if so, i just about bought one for an income property. backed out because of the train noise/smell of some sort of dieselly fuel. otherwise, seems to be quality construction.
The Following User Says Thank You to cracher For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
BurningSteel
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I dont think that area was threatened by flood in 2013.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #4
JD
First Line Centre

Exp:

That construction site was totally under water during the flooding. The Bow's water went all the way up to the railroad tracks in Pearce Estate Park.

That said, 2013 was a rare event. That site doesn't flood frequently, but if you look at the topography of the area, it's not surprising if it does.

I lived in Pearce Gardens on the other side of the tracks. We were evacuated but otherwise unaffected. I've always considered what living in the SoBow buildings would be like, and I always concluded I wouldn't want to be that close to Blackfoot and Deerfoot. Even from Pearce Gardens, you could always hear the traffic noise with the windows open.

Really nice area to live in though. Very convenient and Pearce Estate is a beautiful park when it's not under water.