Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-06-2021, 12:47 PM   #321
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was hoping they'd get weirder with the finale and do something major to shift the universe, but it ended up being pretty meh. I like the characters so I still enjoyed it, but I feel like it could have been more bold for sure.
Old 03-06-2021, 03:53 PM   #322
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Such a dumb practice. I really really wish they'd stop this.
So much this.

Its either part of the story/show or it isnt.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 04:57 PM   #323
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I won the treasure hunt! Post #253.
Old 03-06-2021, 05:09 PM   #324
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

Followed this series intently ever since it was first announced, but really let down by the finale. Lots of build-up for very little payoff. Could have told the same story in about 2-4 hours. It felt like a ton of inconsequential filler was thrown in.

I thought they would do something like Agents of Shield (season 1), where they threw in little hints here and there during the episodes of events to come in the movies. That anticipation made Captain America: The Winter Soldier a must-see on opening night for me to see how things resolved and then go back to the TV series to see the aftermath.
shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 06:52 PM   #325
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Sounds like a lot of parts were expecting something profound, which they'll clearly save for a major movie, like dr strange 2 or the next avengers movie.

I do think the Even Peters thing was more than a coincidence though. Also Wanda and Vision's development will play into the bigger picture. Basically, we got more of a buildup to the major change, instead of the big change itself. That was to be expected. This show probably didn't even have the budget for something huge.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:58 PM   #326
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Sounds like a lot of parts were expecting something profound, which they'll clearly save for a major movie, like dr strange 2 or the next avengers movie.

I do think the Even Peters thing was more than a coincidence though. Also Wanda and Vision's development will play into the bigger picture. Basically, we got more of a buildup to the major change, instead of the big change itself. That was to be expected. This show probably didn't even have the budget for something huge.
Yeah. This entire show seemed like low-rent bait.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-07-2021, 09:54 AM   #327
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

That was fun! So we found Raplh, Vision had a great expo of his powers. I really liked the talk it out scene the Visions had, even if I was wrong on how good vision would be restored.

Wanda's Scarlwt Witch uniform is nice.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:16 AM   #328
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 03-07-2021, 10:26 AM   #329
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really enjoyed this show. I wasn’t thrilled with the start but it gained momentum and they did justice to the characters.

The limited series are going to be must viewing. Looking forward to the cynics telling us why they’re not going to renew Disney+ despite tuning in every week.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:39 AM   #330
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly the final episode was nah, but I kind of feel that about the whole show.

I will say I’m not a comicbook/super hero guy but my son is and he enjoyed the show. I enjoyed watching the show with him, so there is that.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2021, 11:41 AM   #331
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think I just don’t like Scarlet Witch that much.

Two reasons:

I don’t like superhero characters whose powers are not defined. Like she has super powerful magic and can seemingly do... anything? Anything the writers want, at least. I have the same issue with Dr. Strange.

Wanda is a dumb name. Does anyone actually know a person in real life under 80 years old named Wanda? Just got sick of hearing it in this show. Wanda Wanda Wanda Wanda.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 12:32 PM   #332
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dr. Strange they seem to make a big deal out of how powerful he is, and then at the end of each appearance emphasize that power is meaningless without a mind driving it. Wanda is on roughly the same power level, but has the fatal flaw of always being the most empathic of the superheros, and making huge mistakes by acting on emotion. They have kept to this for the MCU, and I hope they continue.

Captain Marvel, however is stronger than Thor, smarter than Stark and smarmier than Strange, with no weakness. Join me in swirling vitriol for that horrible character.
Old 03-07-2021, 01:00 PM   #333
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I think I just don’t like Scarlet Witch that much.

Two reasons:

I don’t like superhero characters whose powers are not defined. Like she has super powerful magic and can seemingly do... anything? Anything the writers want, at least. I have the same issue with Dr. Strange.
It's becoming a bit of an issue with the MCU in general. I thought Inifinity War did an amazing job with Thanos. Then in Endgame the heroes were just able to undo everything with random powers and manipulating random laws of the universe...that all happened to be very convenient to the plot and contract status of the actors.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2021, 02:02 PM   #334
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Wanda is a dumb name. Does anyone actually know a person in real life under 80 years old named Wanda? Just got sick of hearing it in this show. Wanda Wanda Wanda Wanda.
I have a sister named Wanda. She's about the same age as Wanda Maximoff.

My sister was born in late 1963, the Scarlet Witch made her debut in March 1964 (so Stan Lee probably came up with her name around the same time my parents named my sister). Also, comedian Wanda Sykes was also born in March 1964.

Really, though, most of the older comic characters have out of date names. How many young people do you know named Bruce, Clark, Arthur, or Barry? Same with Lois or Diana (which had a bit of a resurgence in popularity in the 80s and 90s because of the real-life princess)? How about anyone with a mother named Martha?

In the 1930s and 40s, those names wouldn't have seemed odd at all.

Strangely, Wolverine is one character that seems to buck that trend. Logan has become much more popular in recent years than it ever was when the character was created.
Old 03-07-2021, 07:22 PM   #335
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Strangely, Wolverine is one character that seems to buck that trend. Logan has become much more popular in recent years than it ever was when the character was created.
It wouldn't surprise me if Logan became more popular because of Wolverine's rise in popularity in the late 80s.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2021, 09:46 PM   #336
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if Logan became more popular because of Wolverine's rise in popularity in the late 80s.
At least wolverine is still cool. I feel bad for all of the girls having to grow up named Khaleesi or Daenerys
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:22 AM   #337
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Agatha Harkness was really poorly done in the series, I thought.

It was a fun little side journey, kinda like your typical short run spin off in a comic series.

But they don't need a 2nd season.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:09 AM   #338
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I believe that Disney has said that all of these series are one offs except for Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:10 PM   #339
rayne008
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If my kids are about to be blinked out of existence I would probably hold on to them tightly for as long as I could rather than send them to bed.

Did reminded me of the AOS plotline with Mack and his daughter in the framework. That would be a mind fk.
rayne008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 03:06 PM   #340
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
At least wolverine is still cool. I feel bad for all of the girls having to grow up named Khaleesi or Daenerys
If nothing else it should give teachers a 'heads up' prior to Parent/Teacher interviews.

"Oh...these people must be idiots."