Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-12-2021, 02:16 PM   #201
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
I think the problem is that the typical 90s sitcoms that you listed weren't really family oriented and the family sitcoms of the 90s were often just retreads of the same style from the 80s.

The family sitcoms of the 90s were either kid-friendly stuff like the ABC TGIF lineup or shows like Home Improvement or Everybody Loves Raymond, which still followed the standard 3-camera, studio audience formula that had driven sitcoms since the days of I Love Lucy.

While an episode in the Full House style would have been amusing in a meta way, as Wandavision has become more serious, I think it makes sense to adopt the more cinematic one-camera, no laugh track style that became more common for sitcoms in the 2000s.

Based on the promos, it seems like the next sitcom style will be Modern Family, which will bring us up to the present.
Your right, the 3 I listed are all wrong, it should have been Home Improvement for something from ABC Friday nights. Either that or time is speeding up even faster, Darcy didn't mention that they were in the 90s for this one.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 03:06 PM   #202
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

I love the jumping shark in the commercial. Seems like the show is about to make a hard turn.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to belsarius For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2021, 06:34 AM   #203
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I'm at the point where the week inbetween episodes has become irritating.

I was left wishing that Wanda would keep bringing up the death of their parents, and Peitro would just looked confused, because to him Magneto is still alive. Making this a pure recast is almost more disorienting.
I think/hope they won't integrate much of Fox's X-men into the MCU, because those movies suck and their continuity is a mess.

(I recently re-watched most of them, and was really disappointed in what a mess they are.)

That said, I'm pretty sure there's going to be more to this "recast" than we've seen so far.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 08:25 AM   #204
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
I think/hope they won't integrate much of Fox's X-men into the MCU, because those movies suck and their continuity is a mess.

(I recently re-watched most of them, and was really disappointed in what a mess they are.)

That said, I'm pretty sure there's going to be more to this "recast" than we've seen so far.
One of the big things Fox got right in adapting X-Men comics is the giant cluster#### of contradictory and baffling continuity.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 11:52 AM   #205
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post

(I recently re-watched most of them, and was really disappointed in what a mess they are.).

I still enjoy X-Men 1 and 2, First Class, and Days of Future Past. And Logan is easily one of the best comic book movies ever made.

But yea, the rest of them are terrible.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2021, 12:19 PM   #206
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by belsarius View Post
I love the jumping shark in the commercial. Seems like the show is about to make a hard turn.
Got so dark, so fast.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 12:44 PM   #207
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Wanda really is kind of a villain in this, she's actively torturing people and bringing them in unwillingly. Grief or no, unstable mental state or no, she's doing a lot of wrong here. Her brother, if he's her brother is seeing her un hinged nature, and Vision is actually frightened of her.

I need to look at that ad again because it was about more then junping the shark.

I felt sorry for that one frozen woman who was crying, Wanda has literally showed us what happens to NPC in a video game when you leave the area and its brutal.

2 episodes left.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:59 PM   #208
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
2 episodes left.
3 episodes!

They’re going to have to explain/rationalize what she’s doing because there really isn’t any way of going back to being a hero after what she’s done. Does she expand to envelop the whole world to make them forget? Making more people genetically altered?
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 02:31 PM   #209
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
3 episodes!

They’re going to have to explain/rationalize what she’s doing because there really isn’t any way of going back to being a hero after what she’s done. Does she expand to envelop the whole world to make them forget? Making more people genetically altered?
I’m hoping they lean right into her turning into a villain. Would be a nice change of pace for your typical “good” characters.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 03:41 PM   #210
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've been trying to rationalize it, because it comes across as exceptionally cruel, even if she's consumed by grief and loss. There people are not only going through pain and trauma. But they're terrified when a scene doesn't go right.

Either this isn't Wanda, or she's being used, or she's flipped into god darned full fledged evil godess mode, and.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 03:57 PM   #211
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man if Quicksilver ends up just being a guy from Westview that Wanda has playing the role of her brother and isnt actually a tie to the Xmen universe or multiverse then im going to be annoyed.

That goes beyond “Fun Easter Egg” and into annoying misdirection territory.

Especially since they should have figured out a way to introduce him that way if that was going to be the case

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 02-15-2021 at 04:03 PM.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 04:02 PM   #212
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
I’m hoping they lean right into her turning into a villain. Would be a nice change of pace for your typical “good” characters.
I'd like that, but I doubt it.

I think its going to be more like someone who has lost their brother, their lover and then been thrust into an insane war who loses their mind.

What she is doing is evil and wrong, but she isnt doing it because she's evil, she's doing it because she just wants a world she can control.

Its kind of an interesting statement on unchecked power gone wrong. Because...who can stop her? Maybe Dr. Strange?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 04:28 PM   #213
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Man if Quicksilver ends up just being a guy from Westview that Wanda has playing the role of her brother and isnt actually a tie to the Xmen universe or multiverse then im going to be annoyed.

That goes beyond “Fun Easter Egg” and into annoying misdirection territory.

Especially since they should have figured out a way to introduce him that way if that was going to be the case
Lets go way out onto a limb of highly improbable things that could (but won't) happen. Pietro showing up from the XMCU and having memories of their shared childhood that Wanda recognizes implies there was an XMCU Scarlet Witch that never appeared in the movies, right? What if XMCU Scarlet Witch is the villain behind all of this?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2021, 01:44 AM   #214
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Just finished watching Episode 7 and man, I really hope that's not the whole twist. That was obvious a mile away.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:04 AM   #215
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

And I killed Sparky too!
Old 02-19-2021, 06:21 AM   #216
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think we'll see this largely wrapped up next episode with the finale dealing with fallout and hinting at the bigger picture of what's in store for the heroes in the series and movies to come.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:29 AM   #217
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm thinking we might get a cinema quality action scene in the last episode. So I'm not sure there will be much story left to tell.

First 5 minutes: whoever the big cameo is enters

Next 20 minutes: prolonged action scene, we now have somewhere between 6 and 8 powered individuals on the board and none of them are getting along.
Wandas pushing Vision away
Agatha is screwing with Wanda
Wandas running from Monica
Pietro is probably mad that Agatha is controlling him
Wandas upset with Pietro for impersonating her brother
Whoever the cameo is will almost certainly have superpowers.
The twins are probably going to be mad at their parents for fighting.

Last 5 minute denouement where we find out how vision and the twins survive the collapsing hex, because;
Spoiler!
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 03:28 PM   #218
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was okay. I feel it was a step back from the 2 previous episodes.
Boblobla is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boblobla For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2021, 05:47 PM   #219
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

A few things I noticed. On the milk jug it looked like Tommy’s face was the missing child. I didn’t go back to confirm.

The book at the end looked a lot like the Dark Hold from agents of shield.

Quicksilver is interesting. The memories could have been implanted by Harkness to match. The either Wanda or the Spellbook could have been used to drag Quicksilver in.

Do we think that Hayward and Agatha are working together? I can’t figure out the why behind Agatha’s actions.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:10 PM   #220
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
A few things I noticed. On the milk jug it looked like Tommy’s face was the missing child. I didn’t go back to confirm.

The book at the end looked a lot like the Dark Hold from agents of shield.

Quicksilver is interesting. The memories could have been implanted by Harkness to match. The either Wanda or the Spellbook could have been used to drag Quicksilver in.

Do we think that Hayward and Agatha are working together? I can’t figure out the why behind Agatha’s actions.
I think Hayward is involved with her somehow. His office had hex carpet and his diplomas were arranged in a hex. Gots to be more than just wanting a Vision weapon.

I think Quicksilver is Senor Scratchy. I don’t think they’ve been in the same scene together and I think the bunny at the end was Tommy cause he’s quick and Billy is the cicada cause of the buzzing in his head. Plus a witch having a familiar that turns into a person makes sense.

I’m still lost on who the missing person might be. Unless it is the mysterious Ralph who we (and Woo) haven’t seen yet.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is online now   Reply With Quote