Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2021, 07:28 PM   #181
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wasn’t something mentioned about a failed SWORD space training program with missing persons? I thought this might have been a hint to the F4 origins.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:32 PM   #182
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Wasn’t something mentioned about a failed SWORD space training program with missing persons? I thought this might have been a hint to the F4 origins.
I don't believe so. She asked about the astronaut training program and the director told them they had shifted to unmanned missions (which doesn't quite gel with where Fury is at right now) and then there was a separate missing person case with someone in the witness protection program and FBI Woo needing help but I don't think there was missing astronauts. (And considering the deep dives into Easter Eggs people are doing I think a huge neon light like that would have been talked about more).
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:38 PM   #183
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

One of the fake credits in Episod 1 was for a Babs Digby. The 40's sitcom "The Life of Riley" featured characters Babs and Digby and popularized the phrase "What a revoltin' development this is" which is also a catchphrase of The Thing . To these Easter Eggs hunters that was the first sign of FF being in Wandavision, so that's why I think they would have picked up on missing astronauts...cause these fans are insane lol.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 09:47 PM   #184
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I found the quote. Monica asked how the astronaut program was going and that director guy replied not good they lost half in the blip and the remaining lost their nerve.

This could mean there is a group of blipped astronauts stranded in space.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:37 PM   #185
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Just binged the first 5 episodes, glad I did because man the first couple were slow. It definitely paid off though, seeing the X-Men Quiksilver was one of the best twists I've ever seen in a TV show. My wife not being a comic or movie nerd was quite confused at my reaction, which necessitated a detailed explanation of why that reveal was so cool
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2021, 07:26 AM   #186
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

When I explained that part to my wife, her having not seen it but me being so infatuated with the chance mutants are showing up in the MCU I just had to tell her about it, her response with a mundane look on her face was "I am so happy I'm not watching this show."

I just threw my hands up and said "Gawwwfff". The genius of this show is wasted on you woman!!

And just a few episodes ago I was so bored by it all.. I do agree this is definitely a show that screamed binge. They could have almost dropped up till the end of episode 5 over night, then slowly teased out the last few and had a better reaction..
Old 02-10-2021, 07:39 AM   #187
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Explaining the premise to my wife "iron man made a robot and that robot became evil, then that robot made a robot that became good. Then the olsens twins' sister fell in love with the good robot, she's like a witch but not really." 3 episodes later "I forgot, but the good robot was dead this whole time."

She does not care for this show.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2021, 07:48 AM   #188
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quicksilver was my wife's favourite part of the new X-Men movies. So when I saw the reveal myself, I made sure to watch it again with her.

We have two boys so she's had to sit through many hours of me sharing my "nerd movies" with them and has grown to love them as well. She once caught herself explaining characters and timelines to our friend, stopped herself and said, "What have you done to me?"
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2021, 07:50 PM   #189
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

It sounds like the Wives, Wine, and Wandavision panel is growing in members.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pseudoreality For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2021, 09:03 PM   #190
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
Explaining the premise to my wife "iron man made a robot and that robot became evil, then that robot made a robot that became good. Then the olsens twins' sister fell in love with the good robot, she's like a witch but not really." 3 episodes later "I forgot, but the good robot was dead this whole time."

She does not care for this show.
you forgot the part where a 1500 year old guy took some drugs and defibrillated the robots robot with a hammer to bring it to life.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 09:16 PM   #191
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also Vision isn’t a robot, he’s a synthezoid
#-3
Old 02-12-2021, 02:17 AM   #192
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Just watched Episode 7.

Well, that's one way to expand things...

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 04:17 AM   #193
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

You watching these at midnight Scorp?

There have been some horror elements previously but that episode was full on.

Also that was my favourite sitcom parody by far.
Old 02-12-2021, 04:24 AM   #194
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Yup, I've been staying up for every episode. I have a weird sleep schedule.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:36 AM   #195
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Well I expected Friends, Seinfeld, or Fraser to be your stock 90s sitcoms. I would have thought Malcolm would have been in the '00s
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:38 AM   #196
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

What if they don't stick to sitcoms? What if Visions rebellion and Wanda's clearly fragile mental state lead her into other Genres?

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:06 AM   #197
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Apparently the hex "changed" Monicas cells, and now it's expanding. How close is Westchester NY to Westview NJ? No reason, just asking.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:59 AM   #198
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I thought the parts with Quicksilver were interesting. He has the memories of the Marvel Pietro, but the physical characteristics of the Fox version. He is totally aware of what is happening in the town as well.

Pretty neat episode, there are two left now?
Old 02-12-2021, 12:44 PM   #199
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm at the point where the week inbetween episodes has become irritating.

I was left wishing that Wanda would keep bringing up the death of their parents, and Peitro would just looked confused, because to him Magneto is still alive. Making this a pure recast is almost more disorienting.

A lot of questions about the true state of Vision as a result of this episode. As well as the twins and Peitro. I do like that they are this far in, and there is still a real mystery as to what the true fallout is going to be.
Old 02-12-2021, 01:35 PM   #200
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
Well I expected Friends, Seinfeld, or Fraser to be your stock 90s sitcoms. I would have thought Malcolm would have been in the '00s
I think the problem is that the typical 90s sitcoms that you listed weren't really family oriented and the family sitcoms of the 90s were often just retreads of the same style from the 80s.

The family sitcoms of the 90s were either kid-friendly stuff like the ABC TGIF lineup or shows like Home Improvement or Everybody Loves Raymond, which still followed the standard 3-camera, studio audience formula that had driven sitcoms since the days of I Love Lucy.

While an episode in the Full House style would have been amusing in a meta way, as Wandavision has become more serious, I think it makes sense to adopt the more cinematic one-camera, no laugh track style that became more common for sitcoms in the 2000s.

Based on the promos, it seems like the next sitcom style will be Modern Family, which will bring us up to the present.