Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 11:27 PM   #4721
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, the only thing the refs knew for sure is that the goalie didn't have it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jacks For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2021, 11:34 PM   #4722
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lol, love the oilers confusion about that first goal. Kostinem clueless, puck
clearly loose. Oilers IQ deficient D (Nurse) just flailing and resorting to slashing and grabbing.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:40 AM   #4723
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

"They aren't supposed to touch me! Kris Versteeg said so!"

Last edited by Inferno; 03-14-2021 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:53 AM   #4724
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

For someone that left Oilers camp to sign with Calgary, that's some pretty ####ed up #### coming from Kris. Guy's gone loopy/soft in retirement.

Papa Darryl will have his guys McHead hunting to be sure. No space, no mercy, no "right of way".
Old 03-14-2021, 01:52 AM   #4725
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Don’t look it up on hockey fights.
Right, because I’m sure that site isn’t inundated with beer goggled Oiler trolls.

I imagine, the upstanding knuckle-dragging, truck nut flaunting, sink urinating fans of Edmonton want nothing to do with Hockey Fights.com.

Plus they’re all very respectful and apathetic towards Tkachuk.

Do you have a better defence of Tkachuk “losing” a fight where he threw Neal around and almost into the Flames box?
The Following User Says Thank You to Boreal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2021, 01:31 PM   #4726
FlamingHomer
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I judge fights at the professional level. For fun, if I look at the fight and judge it if it were a Muay Thai match, this would be my decision:
The main elements to evaluate in this particular fight is effectiveness and balance. You can punch your opponent anywhere and score as long as it causes a reaction. A helmet punch could score better than a punch to the middle of the face if it caused a greater reaction (head snapped back)
Tkachuk had a very slight edge in this. But he also caused Neal to be off his balance when he took him to the boards and off his one foot.
However at the end of the fight Tkachuk went right down. If he slipped on his own, he could still win the fight. If Neal caused the slip, that could be enough to award him the round. It looked to me that Tkachuk slipped on his own so I would give it to him. I wouldn't be surprised in a split decision though. There wasn't many good scoring shots.
Old 03-14-2021, 02:23 PM   #4727
sarge
Backup Goalie

Exp:

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...ke-runs-at-him
Old 03-14-2021, 02:27 PM   #4728
motorcrosser
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge View Post
Oh the homerness....

I agree with Bieksa. You have to stand your ground when McDoodles is coming towards you. Lay a shoulder when appropriate.
Old 03-14-2021, 02:29 PM   #4729
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Versteeg was in a game against McDavid he’s have chirped him badly for whining. I don’t know where this is coming from. Anyway, McDavid gets treated no worse than Gaudreau, who the Oiler fans complain about all the time when he winces from a slash.
Old 03-14-2021, 02:32 PM   #4730
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Ugh, when did Versteeg become such a silly fan boy? I used to like Versteeg and I couldn't stand Bieksa.
Old 03-14-2021, 02:59 PM   #4731
Johnhitbox
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unshuffler View Post
The Edmonton Oilers are the waterbeds of the hockey world.

Popular in the 80’s but tacky, poorly designed and ultimately bad for you, despite providing cheap thrills on occasion.

Not by coincidence Edmonton has always been a world leader in the waterbed per capita rankings. (Source: Me)

E=NG
You forgot one thing. They also are bloated and leaked when pressure was applied

Sent from my XQ-AT52 using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2021, 09:04 PM   #4732
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge View Post
Ah...the latest from dumbererer and dumberererest.

Here’s the thing; illegal hits to anybody should be called as a penalty because it is against the rules. It is literally that simple.

What the two poopsy twins are advocating is that any hit including borderline (meaning between legal and illegal) are called as penalties against McAvi. It’s from the Ron Maclean “right of way” school of officiating.

I’ve been trying to remember the Flyer that checked McAvi and then the greasers made a big deal about acquiring him. McAvi was going to be his pal; no hard feelings! And then the oilers sent him down. Has he ever made it back to the nhl?

They need a banner for that; “Check McAvi and your career is over”

Brandon Manning. Currently out of hockey according to hockey db and Wikipedia. At least the oilers paid him $2.25 million US on the final year of his contract to play in Bakersfield.

Last edited by McG; 03-14-2021 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:22 PM   #4733
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

If you want more nonsense about defending McDavid read Kurt Leavin’s article.

Quote:
The talk of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins being an expiring UFA has really picked up. Ken Holland would like him back, at the right price. But what is that? When I compare Nugent-Hopkins’ production with others I find he played up to his $6m contract the last few seasons but didn’t exceed it. With the cap flat and revenues down, inflation in the NHL is negative. Maybe with expansion the Oilers calculate that his agent is over-asking and wait until he’s filed for free agency before trying to sign him. But that’s a risk, too. SportsNet’s Mark Spector put it well this week when he suggested that there might be other guys out there that can do all the things for you that The Nuge can. But do they cost any less, and do they even want to come here? Whereas Nugent-Hopkins has made it clear he’d like to stay.
Pay Ryan the McDavid inflator & the Edmonton Tax... $7 million plus.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:24 PM   #4734
1Nite
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG View Post
Ah...the latest from dumbererer and dumberererest.

Here’s the thing; illegal hits to anybody should be called as a penalty because it is against the rules. It is literally that simple.

What the two poopsy twins are advocating is that any hit including borderline (meaning between legal and illegal) are called as penalties against McAvi. It’s from the Ron Maclean “right of way” school of officiating.

I’ve been trying to remember the Flyer that checked McAvi and then the greasers made a big deal about acquiring him. McAvi was going to be his pal; no hard feelings! And then the oilers sent him down. Has he ever made it back to the nhl?

They need a banner for that; “Check McAvi and your career is over”
Brandon Manning, had the No Good contract, coming from Chicago,

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/...php?pid=112785
I remember the out cry, that he didn't man up and fight Lucic, Maroon, and caveman, because said rookie doofus thought he should just skate like the wind through everyone.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:26 PM   #4735
1Nite
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
Ugh, when did Versteeg become such a silly fan boy? I used to like Versteeg and I couldn't stand Bieksa.
Just playing the part for who is signing his paychecks, rogers arena, rogers sportsnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1Nite For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2021, 07:32 AM   #4736
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Nite View Post
Just playing the part for who is signing his paychecks, rogers arena, rogers sportsnet.
This is why you wont see the media say anything negative about McDavid and the Oilers. They are all part of the same network/group.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:59 AM   #4737
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I remember the out cry, that he didn't man up and fight Lucic, Maroon, and caveman, because said rookie doofus thought he should just skate like the wind through everyone.
Maroon wasn’t on the team at that point.
Old 03-15-2021, 09:02 AM   #4738
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

My favorite was Staples poll:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1371259366771367937

A poll to ask Edmontonians if they want more powerplays ... wonder how that comes out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2021, 09:07 AM   #4739
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
My favorite was Staples poll:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1371259366771367937

A poll to ask Edmontonians if they want more powerplays ... wonder how that comes out.
The poll is flat out lying on what bieksa is saying.

Burkas isn’t saying that more illegal hits should be given to McAvi, he is saying more LEGAL hits should be given to McAvi.

“The sky is blue!”

“No! 7 is greater than 6!”
Old 03-15-2021, 09:33 AM   #4740
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Well, Manning did come out the off season after the original incident and admitted he was trying to hurt McDavid.

Think that’s a little different, and it makes Manning’s acquisition even more asinine.

E= NG.