Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Notices

Old 04-16-2021, 08:27 AM   #2981
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3thirty View Post
My wife got her 1st vaccine dose yesterday and our cell service was amazing last night!
You found her 5G-Spot?
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:01 AM   #2982
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGame View Post
I have extended family in NL and there's a whole group of them that are absolutely bat**** crazy about everything to do with the pandemic, to say nothing of US politics. They've been going berserk lately over GraceLife. Alberta may have a bit more of this, and our crazies may get more media coverage, but it really is everywhere.

What I wonder if whether it was this bad pre-internet and we just didn't know about it, or is the internet serving as a vehicle for making this problem worse.
The internet removed the ability of governments and experts to control information. Now people who have maybe always been a bit suspicious or distrustful of the establishment can find alternative realities to live in.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...obal-democracy
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:19 AM   #2983
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sitting on a patio right now and there's always 1 in the crowd FFS .

This guy is sputtering, clearing his throat every 20 seconds aND everyone here is eyeballing this dumb ####.

I hate people sometimes.
Old 04-16-2021, 11:33 AM   #2984
RichieRich
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
Sitting on a patio right now and there's always 1 in the crowd FFS .

This guy is sputtering, clearing his throat every 20 seconds aND everyone here is eyeballing this dumb ####.

I hate people sometimes.
Maybe check he's not choking on his food?

Just cos someone clears their throat doesn't mean they're ill. Some folks have post nasal drip, others perpetual phlegm, others find some spices/foods aggravate their throat, maybe it's allergies, maybe who knows?
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2021, 12:00 PM   #2985
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
:

Just cos someone clears their throat doesn't mean they're ill. Some folks have post nasal drip, others perpetual phlegm, others find some spices/foods aggravate their throat, maybe it's allergies, maybe who knows?
Yeah this has been me in the pandemic.

My nose has been broken so many times it is always has post nasal drip, I am always gravelly voiced and clearing my thought and sniffing.

I feel like I should have a sign

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:02 PM   #2986
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Last spring I wanted to print up t-shirts saying "It's Just Allergies!". Perpetual post nasal drip all spring for me for as long as I can remember, sniffing and an ongoing light cough.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:12 PM   #2987
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

This time last year I was so panicked at the end of each day. We have always taken the dog for a walk near the end of the night. It was pretty chilly last year in March and April at around 10:00pm. I would come home and realize that I have a runny nose.... oh crap, that's how it is supposed to start! I'm going to wake up tomorrow and be really sick! I have covid!

Narrator: He did not.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:21 PM   #2988
Tron_fdc
Has My Daddy Syndrome

Exp:

My weed cough has been a problem all year lol. I also cough after heavy cardio, and when I’m nervous for some reason.

Like today after a big workout I went to the liquor store all hot and flushed, coughing a little, and looked like I just woke up. No, my poor fitness is not contagious.

Last edited by Tron_fdc; 04-16-2021 at 12:24 PM.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:55 PM   #2989
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
This time last year I was so panicked at the end of each day. We have always taken the dog for a walk near the end of the night. It was pretty chilly last year in March and April at around 10:00pm. I would come home and realize that I have a runny nose.... oh crap, that's how it is supposed to start! I'm going to wake up tomorrow and be really sick! I have covid!

Narrator: He did not.
Haha. Like about 50 times in the last year.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2021, 01:35 PM   #2990
DevilsAdvocate
Draft Pick

My wife is an RMT and her college has instructed them that they are not to practice if they do not pass their own screening guidelines. So every time she has a runny nose she has to go for a test. So while we have false alarms and laugh about it the next day, she has to shut down her business and wait for the test result back before she can re-open. She's had about a dozen tests and a lot of clients lost.
DevilsAdvocate is offline   Reply With Quote