Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Buy And Sell > Ticket Exchange

Notices

Old 11-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #21
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Just a suggestion, the expectation that anyone will be able to get a ticket for this game at face value from a STH is highly unrealistic. I would suggest that you maybe loosen the restriction on the face value rule for this one particular game. Maybe put a cap on the mark up perhaps to say 50% or whatever arbitrary number you choose. Kinda like how you let people sell Wii's and iPhone's at ridiculous prices on this site when they are in demand.

As much as I respect the site rules when advertising my tickets here, there is no longer any scalping laws in Alberta, restricting the sale of tickets over face value. Also this does not affect the Flames directly, it is the NHL getting the revenue for this game anyhow.

Myself, I have already had stupidly high unsolicited offers from people for my tickets to this game, and I cannot see that being different for any other STH.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #22
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not going to happen.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevanGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #23
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
Just a suggestion, the expectation that anyone will be able to get a ticket for this game at face value from a STH is highly unrealistic.
I think you might be surprised. I could be completely wrong about this particular event but there seem to be a ton of generous people who take care of absolute strangers and don't care about making an extra few hundred bucks if it means a "CPer" can be in the crowd and not be raped with price. Even just look at that thread with that guy flying from Europe within the first 48hrs he had free tickets to at least one game in the lower bowl I think.

IMHO CP should stick to their rules and if you want to make a few bucks off some poor schmuck who just wants to see a hockey game we know we can visit you at Stubhub or eBay.
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:18 AM   #24
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
I think you might be surprised. I could be completely wrong about this particular event but there seem to be a ton of generous people who take care of absolute strangers and don't care about making an extra few hundred bucks if it means a "CPer" can be in the crowd and not be raped with price. Even just look at that thread with that guy flying from Europe within the first 48hrs he had free tickets to at least one game in the lower bowl I think.

IMHO CP should stick to their rules and if you want to make a few bucks off some poor schmuck who just wants to see a hockey game we know we can visit you at Stubhub or eBay.
Fair enough, and my intention is 100% to go to this game. You could offer me $1000 over face and it would not be worth it to me as it will likely be a once in a decade type of thing, and I do not need the cash.

Also I have never once sold a set of tickets over face value on this site, and have given away at least a half dozen sets for nothing to CP members, and I intend to give away a couple sets I currently have now as a token of my thanks to this site. The odd premium game I have sold through other channels at a premium usually only offset the losses I have to absorb on the mid week games against the Coyotes and Blues. Heck, I just lost 60 bucks on a set of Red Wings tickets today. At the end of the year, it is almost always a losing venture.

The point I was trying to make was simply the fact that this is a unique scenario, and those without tickets will likely have to resort to paying obnoxious prices (double/triple face value) through Stubhub, Ebay, and Kijiji to secure a ticket.

It is a moot point as I can understand the sites stance on the issue. It was simply a suggestion, for what is a very unique scenario.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:52 PM   #25
puckluck
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post

A poster on this site offered to sell me 4 tickets to the outdoor game at face value so I totally agree with this post.

He had already gave me 4 FREE tickets to a game this season.

Many generous people on this site.
puckluck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to puckluck For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #26
Andrew
Scoring Winger

Exp:

looked for 2-4 tickets will take nearly anything
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #27
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm looking to make my way to Calgary for this game and would buy pretty much any tickets also.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #28
gartman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

looking for 4 tickets
gartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #29
GreenHardHat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I'll put my name in the hat too. I'm looking for 2 to 4 tickets in any price range.

Cheers.
GreenHardHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #30
flamestalker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Looking for 4 tickets. PM if interested. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #31
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looking for 4 now. But two will still make me and my buddy really, really happy.

edit: Just read forum rules and realized we need to list a price so I'm good with anything $150.00-260.00 but I'd almost take about anything at this point. Thx!

Last edited by HOOT; 11-20-2010 at 09:49 AM.
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:10 AM   #32
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Got em from the HH presale. No longer needed

Last edited by Regular_John; 12-08-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:00 AM   #33
Deegee
First Line Centre

Exp:

LF Pair of tickets from 103.95 - 166.95 range.

Would like to take my wife to this game and we live out of town and don't get to many games in the year.
Deegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #34
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

NM - got some on ticketmaster.

Last edited by DownhillGoat; 12-12-2010 at 11:23 AM.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #35
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd be interested in some tickets

Please PM me

Thanks in advance
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #36
johnnyrocket03
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Any tickets that you're willing to sell. Send me a PM.

Hopefully a pair!

Thanks!

Last edited by johnnyrocket03; 12-10-2010 at 12:29 PM.
johnnyrocket03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #37
Nabber
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'd definitely be interested in some tickets. Anywhere from 2-4.

Thanks.
Nabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #38
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd be interested too.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #39
Flamesguy_SJ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Figured I'd come here first, just on the off-chance someone might be able to help me out.

I've already purchased 2 tickets from KevanGuy, but am now in need of another ticket. So, if you have 1 or 2 tickets in Section K that you are willing to sell, please PM me.
Flamesguy_SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:28 AM   #40
Incinerator
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd like a pair anywhere in the stadium, max budget is $200 per ticket so $400 total.
Incinerator is offline   Reply With Quote