Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum

Notices

Old 02-24-2021, 01:41 PM   #4641
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Justin Trudeau is an idiot.

What on Earth would compel you to sink to his level and think it was a good idea?

Saying that you're going to make his office a porta-potty? Did you lose a bet?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:50 PM   #4642
flamingred89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Meh. I mean at least he’s showing some signs of a personality rather than the last few bags of milk the CPC’s have had. I just think his delivery was all wrong.
flamingred89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:54 PM   #4643
Mull
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingred89 View Post
Meh. I mean at least he’s showing some signs of a personality rather than the last few bags of milk the CPC’s have had. I just think his delivery was all wrong.
So I have bias glasses, but I picked up on that too, Erin seemed genuine with a human operating his body, not a robot in a skin suit... a small improvement over Scheer

It's sad that is how deep into the bottom of the barrel we have to reach to find a positive as someone who wants to see him succeed.

What a stupid video.
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:58 PM   #4644
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like I now have a seat on the O'Toole is a fool bus. I've seen enough politicians to know that this guy is no more genuine than Justin. Worse yet is that he's tone deaf and just dumb.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:00 PM   #4645
Mull
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Looks like I now have a seat on the O'Toole is a fool bus. I've seen enough politicians to know that this guy is no more genuine than Justin. Worse yet is that he's tone deaf and just dumb.
I fully believe Erin was being genuine in this video, I stand by my post, even if puts me on the fool bus.

He actually thought his stupid video was indeed funny. His laugh was real.

As stupid as that makes him look.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:33 PM   #4646
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mull View Post
I fully believe Erin was being genuine in this video, I stand by my post, even if puts me on the fool bus.

He actually thought his stupid video was indeed funny. His laugh was real.

As stupid as that makes him look.
I mean conservative humour tends to be pretty lame and cringey, so I we shouldn't be too surprised if he legitimately thought this was funny.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 04:10 PM   #4647
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mull View Post
So I have bias glasses, but I picked up on that too, Erin seemed genuine with a human operating his body, not a robot in a skin suit... a small improvement over Scheer

It's sad that is how deep into the bottom of the barrel we have to reach to find a positive as someone who wants to see him succeed.

What a stupid video.
Yeah....for me thats a 'swing and a miss.'

Its like watching a 5-year-old try and tell a knock-knock joke.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:03 AM   #4648
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Well ummm that was quick

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cds...927355?cmp=rss

Quote:
Canada's new top military commander Art McDonald has voluntarily stepped aside as he is investigated by the Canadian Forces National Investigation Service on unspecified allegations.
Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan posted a statement just after 11 p.m. Wednesday stating he was informed of the situation and takes allegations of misconduct seriously.
Sajjan said he continues to take strong action on any allegation of misconduct that is brought forward "no matter the rank, no matter the position."

Quote:
McDonald was appointed to the role on Dec. 23, and he assumed command on Jan. 14, marking the official transfer of command of the Canadian Armed Forces from Vance to McDonald.
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:23 AM   #4649
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Michelle Rempel is really going to town with the disabling comments feature on Twitter.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:29 AM   #4650
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Michelle Rempel is really going to town with the disabling comments feature on Twitter.
She's just going to keep getting worse, isn't she? Ugh. How many more decades until she retires?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:37 AM   #4651
Mull
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
She's just going to keep getting worse, isn't she? Ugh. How many more decades until she retires?
She's a rising star in our current CPC...

God that gives a dismal perspective for the CPC future.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:50 AM   #4652
Ryan Coke
First Line Centre

Exp:

You know, I don’t care about stupid Porta pottie jokes, or Justin in blackface 20 years ago, or even the dumb politicking about the vaccine rollout. I care about what they actually do, or say they or going to do when in power.

It’s for Trudeau’s actual actions and verifiable policy history that I want him gone, and someone else deserves a chance to drive the bus. I don’t get wrapped up in a bunch of stupid meaningless stuff that you can smear on all the different parties and their candidates. I care about what the actually have done (or say they will do).
Ryan Coke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ryan Coke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2021, 08:55 AM   #4653
Mull
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
You know, I don’t care about stupid Porta pottie jokes, or Justin in blackface 20 years ago, or even the dumb politicking about the vaccine rollout. I care about what they actually do, or say they or going to do when in power.

It’s for Trudeau’s actual actions and verifiable policy history that I want him gone, and someone else deserves a chance to drive the bus. I don’t get wrapped up in a bunch of stupid meaningless stuff that you can smear on all the different parties and their candidates. I care about what the actually have done (or say they will do).
I don't agree.

I agree that policy matters more, but how they act is also important to me and part of the equation.

For example:
Part of the reason I voted against Harper because I felt he was actively trying to divide Canada demonize Canadians, which in the long run would hurt us more than JT policies.

Now I voted for Scheer (via my local MP of course), who I disliked, but in this case policy was more important to me

Lastly, the vaccine roll out is policy. It is one of the most important policy issues JT has faced- people are dying.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:25 AM   #4654
Ryan Coke
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hey, I’d like to have a perfect candidate who thinks the way I do, but it hasn’t happened yet in my lifetime.

So to get wrapped up in the mundane outrage du jour of whatever party I want to dislike today, I’ve moved past that. I focus on who is going to make my country better tomorrow and what actual policy and legislative choices they make (or say they will make). Trudeau’s an idiot by that measure to me. Stupid blackface or dancing around in costume in India falls into the category of things that don’t really matter all that much.

As for the vaccine, of course it is important, and I didn’t mean that it wasn’t. I meant that most of the outrage over the governments handling of it is a combination of insincere and ill informed. I think overall, for as much as I dislike the current liberal government on a great many things, vaccine procurement has generally been very good. Most of the negative press and complaints are just politicking, as the Cons try to make the liberals look bad, as that is what our system encourages. A person might even say it is the oppositions job, in their quest to hold the government to account. But they have been complaining about things that haven’t happened yet, and which is generally unsupported by current evidence.

That’s the stuff that doesn’t matter to me. What matters is what the governments actual actions are, and have been, not what they might be in someone’s dreamed up scenario.
Ryan Coke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryan Coke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2021, 09:57 AM   #4655
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Wow, not even 2 months
btimbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:13 AM   #4656
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

When I was thinking about it, the most disconcerting thing is his deputy, who is the second in command wasn't appointed to replace him. It has to make me wonder if there's even more fire here.

DND is a freaking mess, Vance was a nightmare of terrible and dishonesty. The fighter jet replacement is a mess, the ship building file is a mess, We are severely down in terms of recruiting. It feels like a department that's out of control.
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Old 02-25-2021, 10:18 AM   #4657
Baron von Kriterium
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Wow, not even 2 months
The RCN gets to have a CDS for a fortnight once every three decades. Those are the rules.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baron von Kriterium For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2021, 10:19 AM   #4658
Envitro
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
When I was thinking about it, the most disconcerting thing is his deputy, who is the second in command wasn't appointed to replace him. It has to make me wonder if there's even more fire here.

DND is a freaking mess, Vance was a nightmare of terrible and dishonesty. The fighter jet replacement is a mess, the ship building file is a mess, We are severely down in terms of recruiting. It feels like a department that's out of control.
It kind of feels like the entire country is a mess...
Envitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:19 AM   #4659
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I wish I could give you double thanks for the use of the term fortnight
Old 02-25-2021, 10:30 AM   #4660
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

To me, I'm in a political desert.

All of the political parties are like terrible hockey teams badly in need of a tear down and rebuild.

The leadership in the Liberal Party to me is awful. I can't vote for Trudeau, he's a snake, and bumbles nearly every file he touches. Freeland to me is awful, and putting her in finance is a mistake. Catherine McKenna is a snake. Saijan is incompetent, O'Regan is a prime example of the Peter Principle. Anyone that's the least bit competent is sitting in the back bench or in minor positions and surpressed.

The Cons have completely bumbled any good will that O'Toole had at the start. He's been un impressive. The ones that I do like are completely un electable as a Prime Minister, and the best ones have left the party.

The BDP needs to dump Singh, But I wouldn't vote for them anyways.

Don't get me started on Maxime and the PPC. I was duped by him during the Conservative Leadership Campaign, and he's turned out to be completely insane.

So what's a guy like me to do? I believe voting is important, its one of the biggest expressions of our political freedom. However I sit in a riding where its unlikely that the Conservative candidate is going to be bounced, plus I really like her, so I'll likely park my vote based on the MP and the other parties will likely run place holder candidates that won't be all that active in the next election.

Canada's political parties are all in the toilet. I don't know if we're failing to deliver leadership development, or if the average Canadian has said nope to a career in politics, which leaves the slate occupied by political theorists with very little real world experience.

Some day it makes me with that Gorgo the Planetary annihilator will finally notice our planet and do his thing.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: