Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-27-2021, 11:53 AM   #261
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Good catch, had forgotten about that. Vision may have even said something like that in Age of Ultron, if I recall correctly.

Except they kind of hinted that they had cut him off from the uploading and destroyed the final body, and thus Ultron's code was no more.

I think that this vision, is a pure weapon, no real personality.

Written by Sword.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2021, 12:01 PM   #262
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Good episode, the production of it was great, loved all the transitions.

I really enjoyed how Agatha said that she was already a little witch, and that she had powers that were amplified by the infinity stone, but not created by it. Hint hint, mutants exist? Perhaps the snip snap snip snap exposed a bunch of mutants with dormant powers to infinity aura that will bring their powers out.

What I didn't like is how she said she was responsible for Peitro, planting the memories in his brain. I also read an interview with Feige basically insinuating this isn't meant to be a cross over, but they thought a unique chance to bring him in as an actor for this universe. Like a nod to the 'legends' stuff. I hope that is all misdirection and he was brought over from the multiverse.

This is supposed to lead into the Multiverse stuff in Spider-Man 3 and Dr Strange 2 so we will see I guess.

Either way I think it's been a solid ride, but they need a good conclusion to stick the landing here for full points.
Old 02-27-2021, 12:12 PM   #263
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think that Agatha is really wanting to learn the power to create/re-create life beyond "necromancy". And is trying to (or trying to make Wanda) bring someone back from the dead ("Ralph"), who is the real big bad.

I think that there will be a "what have I done?" moment from Agatha and she will turn a reluctant ally.

I HOPE that new Vision is Ultron initially and we get a little Spader up in here.

I HOPE that Wanda actually becomes bad and is converted to one of the bigger Marvel foes. It would give us the most interesting and familiar villian to oppose the Avengers that we've seen in a while. It would be nice to have a villain that we sympathize with, know, possibly even root for sometimes, and who doesn't die because they don't want to kill her (or can't).

Last edited by Coach; 02-27-2021 at 12:14 PM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 02:56 PM   #264
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Except they kind of hinted that they had cut him off from the uploading and destroyed the final body, and thus Ultron's code was no more.

I think that this vision, is a pure weapon, no real personality.

Written by Sword.

In the comics Ultron never really goes away. The scene where they were discussing how to keep Vision alive while destroying the mind stone implies that there's probably some Ultron inside Vision.

Quote:
Bruce: Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. Jarvis, Ultron, Tony, me, the Stone. All of them mixed together. All of them learning from one another

Wanda: You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?

Bruce: I'm saying that if we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts.

Also, if you look up Wandavision cast on google, James Spader is listed. Could be fake news, could be flashbacks that obviously he still needs to be credited for, or it could be something bigger..
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 04:23 PM   #265
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Ultron never inhabited the vibranium body, so I doubt it.
Ultron was in the vibranium for sure. That is specifically what turned Wanda to the Avengers side in AoU, as soon as he started transferring to the body she could sense his thoughts, realized he wanted to destroy everything.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:35 AM   #266
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

If bringing in the X-man Pietro was just a 'fun little nod' by Feige, I'm going to be pissed.
Old 02-28-2021, 09:18 AM   #267
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
If bringing in the X-man Pietro was just a 'fun little nod' by Feige, I'm going to be pissed.
Sharpen thine pitchforks and fuel thy torches.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2021, 09:26 AM   #268
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I prefer this outcome.

It leaves it open to being retconned later. If you watch Agatha’s lines she says something like she couldn’t have used Pietros body because it was full of holes. This implies she needed a body which implies the body came from somewhere.

Leaving it unexplained and giving the writers in Strange or future X-men movies the opportunity to call back to this is smart without forcing them into an explanation right now. It opens up the universe in the future and leaves us open to speculate.

The least interesting part of a mystery box show is the answers.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:03 PM   #269
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Oh. I guess I just assumed there would be another season.

If there isnt then yeah. Not good.
Maybe your cynicism is getting in the way of you being able to enjoy a really fun television show.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:10 PM   #270
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

They really should save the x-men reveal for something larger. I like this show but it's definitely not on the scale of the movies. I do think the quicksilver actor is more than a coincidence though. The new big bad they are introducing will likely cross over with Dr. Strange, which is where they'll introduce the x-men. So it makes sense that there would be some kind of tie between this new bad guy and the x-men universe.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2021, 09:19 AM   #271
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I think this is kind of what aggravates me about this show.

It has a neat idea, and a good premise. Wanda is likable, I could ditch Vision.

There are good bones to this show but it just isnt engaging. Frankly, the ditzy Doctor lady is the best character in the show.

Beyond that, its been a chore to get through. I'm still plowing through because I feel confident that this is a show that needs some time to find its groove and get its feet under it and it will get better.

I wouldnt re-up Disney+ just for this show though. No way.
I don't know if I agree. First 2-3 episodes were a chore to get through for sure, but even with how they now tie back to Wanda's backstory now it all makes a lot more sense.

She loves sitcoms and is trying to rebuild her happy place.

I think from episode 4 on it's been building and has been quite engaging and entertaining.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2021, 12:35 PM   #272
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I'm gonna be pretty bummed after Friday when I realize that there isn't going to be anymore WandaVision. Predictions...

1: WandaVision ends up in the body of WhiteVision so Vision (albeit without his memories) is back in the non-Westview MCU.
2: Pietro is revealed to be the X-men Pietro... not just a fun nod.
3: Dr. Strange is in the episode.
4: Agatha Harkness does a face turn.
5: Mid-credit scene reveals or at least teases Chthon... new Big Bad of the MCU (ala Thanos).
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2021, 08:57 PM   #273
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone else notice that when Vision was all cut up his internal parts had a hexagonal metal frame.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to belsarius For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2021, 08:57 PM   #274
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hayward's hex office:

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2021, 09:38 PM   #275
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

My predictions

Spoiler!

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:52 PM   #276
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunch View Post

Spoiler!

ಠ_ಠ

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2021, 03:03 PM   #277
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
I'm gonna be pretty bummed after Friday when I realize that there isn't going to be anymore WandaVision. Predictions...

1: WandaVision ends up in the body of WhiteVision so Vision (albeit without his memories) is back in the non-Westview MCU.
2: Pietro is revealed to be the X-men Pietro... not just a fun nod.
3: Dr. Strange is in the episode.
4: Agatha Harkness does a face turn.
5: Mid-credit scene reveals or at least teases Chthon... new Big Bad of the MCU (ala Thanos).
I'm calling tragedy with OG Vision biting the dust and WhiteVision winning but eventually turning on Hayward. Wanda's going to be more depressed than she was before having to mourn OG Vision a second time w/ WhiteVision still around around with no memory of her. This is going to lead to Wanda going even more nutso and breaking realities trying to repair things forcing Dr. Strange to intervene and to fix reality and save Wanda's sanity. Wanda's kids will survive somehow outside the Hex as teens. Agatha will stick around and try to help Dr. Strange fix Wanda's mess.

Just a heads up there will be an "Marvel Assembled" episode in the week between Wandavision's finale and the Falcon and Winter soldier's premiere with a bunch of interviews, production footage, and behind the scenes stuff. Disney's will have something for that Friday timeslot for us for the rest of the year by the looks of it.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2021, 09:30 PM   #278
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
They really should save the x-men reveal for something larger. I like this show but it's definitely not on the scale of the movies. I do think the quicksilver actor is more than a coincidence though. The new big bad they are introducing will likely cross over with Dr. Strange, which is where they'll introduce the x-men. So it makes sense that there would be some kind of tie between this new bad guy and the x-men universe.

They've already heavily implied that Wanda and Pietro already had powers and they were "activated" when they were exposed to the mind stone. Sounds like it would be easy to make that into "they were mutants all along" to me. And now the rest of the mutants could have had their powers "activated" by infinity stones in a similar way when Thanos/Hulk snapped them. I think this show is setting it up, even if it's not outright saying that's what happened yet.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:01 PM   #279
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
They've already heavily implied that Wanda and Pietro already had powers and they were "activated" when they were exposed to the mind stone. Sounds like it would be easy to make that into "they were mutants all along" to me. And now the rest of the mutants could have had their powers "activated" by infinity stones in a similar way when Thanos/Hulk snapped them. I think this show is setting it up, even if it's not outright saying that's what happened yet.
With talk of re-booting Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D to some effect of incorporating it into canon I wonder if MCU Phase 4 looks towards some aspect of inhumans.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:01 AM   #280
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope everyone is OK with this story coming to a conclusion tomorrow, with mmayyyybee a hint of stuff to come. I don't think there's going to be a big villain reveal, or mutants revealed, or the FF being revealed, or that kind of stuff. People will have to settle for Monica Rambeau's super powers origin story, an expansion of Wanda's backstory, a new antagonist in Agatha Harkness, and the revival of 1 or 2 Visions as the big moments from this series.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote