Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2017, 10:27 AM   #61
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

I didn't realize MBates was representing the stepmom until now.

During appeal arguments, lawyer Michael Bates said Magoon's confession to undercover officers should not have been allowed as evidence.

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."
united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:53 AM   #62
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Its not about forgiveness is it. I very much doubt that anyone but probably a small circle of friends would even think its forgivable, or that these two people are redeemable.

Frankly a lot of criminal acts can be forgiven.

but when it comes to kids, its never going to be forgiven.

But justice isn't about forgiveness is it, that concept doesn't matter.

I can forgive someone when they're on their way to prison for a crime, but that doesn't mean that I don't think they should be punished.

But frankly I don't even know how you can rehabilitate someone that has crossed that very large line in terms of violence on children.
Yeah I guess forgiveness is the wrong word. I'm at a loss for them.

I guess I was mostly thinking how do we get over this as a society? I'm devastated for that little girl. What can we do to prevent this in the future...
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:02 AM   #63
llwhiteoutll
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I guess I was mostly thinking how do we get over this as a society? I'm devastated for that little girl. What can we do to prevent this in the future...
There is no law that you can pass that would prevent murder. It’s already illegal and it still happens.

You also can’t prevent people who were probably unfit to have kids in the first place from having them.
llwhiteoutll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:42 AM   #64
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Yeah I guess forgiveness is the wrong word. I'm at a loss for them.

Have a licensing program before you can have kids?

Find Jojo and have her do psychic readings at random maternity wards.

there's really nothing that you can do preventative wise, its sad and its true.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:36 AM   #65
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nancy Hixt released a podcast today, regarding the entire Meika Jordan case. It's about an hour long and trust me, there are points throughout I was in floods of tears.

Podcast link

Quote:
On the first episode of the new Global News podcast Crime Beat, crime reporter Nancy Hixt takes you through the case, step by step. Follow along as she reveals the shocking behind-the-scenes details of the Meika Jordan case and goes through the evidence as it was uncovered by investigators in their quest for justice for Meika.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2019, 09:27 AM   #66
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Wow, I didn't follow this case that closely. How could they not be charged with 1st degree murder? How does anyone hear that and not want them to be charged with 1st degree murder?

Just horrific things, it is unspeakable and I couldn't share this podcast with close friends and family because I don't think they could handle listening to that. It was tough and I also shed a few tears listening to this.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:12 PM   #67
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

That was a really tough listen.

I'm fascinated that the police all went undercover to become their friends to get information.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:15 AM   #68
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I started listening to the podcast on the train ride to work today and I had to stop or I would have cried. As a father of a four year old, I don't know if I can listen to this right now.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:48 AM   #69
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Something that no parenting book or article prepares you for are reading stories like this. Before kids, I would have been disgusted by this news but otherwise unaffected. Now though that I have a 2 year old daughter, I developed a rage after reading through the details in this case that I didn't know I was capable of. It's kind of frightening actually. I'm not going to listen to that podcast and I try to avoid engaging in any other news of violence towards young children, because it just sends me too far into a dark place
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote