Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 02:43 AM   #1
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Moderation Issues

I honestly dont know where else to post this and get an answer.

I was suspended from this forum in early December for ~3 weeks for reporting a gif that was posted of an attractive woman not behind NSFW tags much in the same way many other posts are now being hidden behind. If that is this boards decision, I understand and respect that, however I had tried to inquire about my suspension through PMing the moderator account. There has since been 3 separate messages sent (one tonight) asking for an explanation and why there wasnt a dialogue opened up.

I had also reached out to a moderator (outside of the moderator account) who simply said I was making a statement about moderation, when in actuality there are other NSFW posts on this site in post game gif parties. I'm curious why I was singled out for a suspension for simply following forum rules.

My PMs to the moderator account happened over the course of the last month and I still haven't received a reply. I'm disappointed in the moderation of this forum as of late and I know I'm not the only one. I don't intend for this post to be a crap fest on the mods but there has been a lot of issues coming to head recently and maybe a thread to discuss them openly would be beneficial as they arent being resolved in private.

Last edited by PaperBagger'14; 01-19-2019 at 02:53 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:08 AM   #2
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ruh Roh...
Old 01-19-2019, 06:27 AM   #3
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
reporting a gif that was posted of an attractive woman not behind NSFW tags
Old 01-19-2019, 07:26 AM   #4
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's a "Help/Suggestion" forum for complaining about the free service that is offered to you. You might want to delete this and take it there instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:54 AM   #5
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 01-19-2019, 08:22 AM   #6
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

This should be in the help forum. That being said you are saying you got suspended for three weeks for reporting a post? There has to be more to this story then that. I have a very hard time believing you got a 3 week holiday for simply reporting a post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2019, 09:11 AM   #7
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can you repost the picture in question.

Also, am I the only one thinking this was about drinking or some other fun activity

Last edited by DuffMan; 01-19-2019 at 09:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DuffMan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2019, 09:14 AM   #8
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Let it go.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:15 AM   #9
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
I honestly dont know where else to post this and get an answer.

I was suspended from this forum in early December for ~3 weeks for reporting a gif that was posted of an attractive woman not behind NSFW tags much in the same way many other posts are now being hidden behind. If that is this boards decision, I understand and respect that, however I had tried to inquire about my suspension through PMing the moderator account. There has since been 3 separate messages sent (one tonight) asking for an explanation and why there wasnt a dialogue opened up.

I had also reached out to a moderator (outside of the moderator account) who simply said I was making a statement about moderation, when in actuality there are other NSFW posts on this site in post game gif parties. I'm curious why I was singled out for a suspension for simply following forum rules.

My PMs to the moderator account happened over the course of the last month and I still haven't received a reply. I'm disappointed in the moderation of this forum as of late and I know I'm not the only one. I don't intend for this post to be a crap fest on the mods but there has been a lot of issues coming to head recently and maybe a thread to discuss them openly would be beneficial as they arent being resolved in private.
I think this go to a different forum. That being said, there have been times when the wrong people may get suspended. I understand this is 100% free but it would be nice to get an explanation and appeal a suspension.

I dont know the process for how moderators are selected but it would be nice to bring in new people once in a while with new ideas. Seems like its been the same people forever (I may be wrong) which is not a bad thing, but people get stuck in their ways anywhere.

Last edited by keenan87; 01-19-2019 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:16 AM   #10
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Is it possible that you didn't just report the post but also made disparaging comments about the mod team?

Putting in something like "inappropriate" is gonna get a lot different reaction from the mods than "ugh how come the mods on this site keep letting this crap go, I thought we got rid of the sexualized posts of women".
Old 01-19-2019, 09:27 AM   #11
Moderation in all things...

Exp:

You were suspended for wasting our time.

You reported a post that was perfectly safe as commentary against the overall policy and then acted like it was some authentic attempt to start a dialogue.

But we don’t need a thread for this. It sounds like you got an answer and just didn’t like it. Which is well and fine. You don’t have to like it, but you seem to have a lot of issues with moderation of the site. So perhaps think about whether or not you enjoy being on here or not.

Ultimately that’s up to you.
Closed Thread