Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2014, 08:57 AM   #61
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Fuller was mentioning something about them not having the rights to Clarice.
I would imagine they would create a character based on her.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #62
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played by Jessica Chastain.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:18 AM   #63
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Started watching this a month ago. Just finished season 2. What a great show.

Because I watch the movie mostly at work, and at home when the kids are sleeping, I didn't love the musical score. The dialogue was usually fairly soft, and then all of the sudden the louder music would jump in. If I were home alone with a wicked surround sound, I'm sure I would've appreciated it much more, as the music was always quite gripping.

The constant quotes by Hannibal reminded me of my FB news feed with people posting inspirational quotes. But at the same time, I thought it was necessary and fitting to show the intellectual superiority of his character.

Thought there were many disturbing scenes (and I don't cringe at much) and was surprised it was on network TV. Bold move, and I liked it.

Those semi negatives aside, I absolutely loved the show and can't wait for season 3.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2015, 06:03 PM   #64
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Hannibal has been cancelled by NBC.

Can't say I'm surprised as I've found the first few episodes of season 3 really boring. The murder / serial killer mystery investigation aspect is missing so far.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:48 AM   #65
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn. Was likely the best show on network TV.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:41 AM   #66
chid
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Luckily we get the rest of Season 3. Amazon might pick it up for another season..
chid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:18 PM   #67
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't say I blame them for cancelling this. Most everyone I talked to said the show was "ok at best" and that this season has been terrible. I tried watching an episode of it and just couldn't do it.

Maybe NBC is going to get into the superhero shows.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:59 PM   #68
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was a big fan of season 1, but my enthusiasm has gradually dropped. The show seems to have one note, and can't find anything to add a change of pace.

Mads' Hannibal remains one of my favorite villains, but Will is a very boring counterpart. He just sucks the life out of every scene, IMO
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:11 PM   #69
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm actually a fan of the change in the story. It's no longer a monster of the week premise and it's now switched to a Hannibal story arc. I think Will is going to grow slowly dark, but the audience will not have time for it which I understand. The hero will be Larry Fishburne in the end. NBC only has time for serial TV shows; not serial killers like Hannibal.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:37 AM   #70
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Sad to see it go. It's such a smart show. If you can get past the gore, haha. Personally I like how they make the gore so artistic.

I could see why it doesn't have much of a following though. A lot of the conversations and back and forth when Hannibal is involved are incredibly highbrow. I doubt many people even get half of them.

I pray it gets picked up by an AMC or HBO or something. It was always weirdly placed on network TV. To gory, too smart. They probably want to put in another vote in talent show or something.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:12 PM   #71
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daradon View Post
Sad to see it go. It's such a smart show. If you can get past the gore, haha. Personally I like how they make the gore so artistic.

I could see why it doesn't have much of a following though. A lot of the conversations and back and forth when Hannibal is involved are incredibly highbrow. I doubt many people even get half of them.

I pray it gets picked up by an AMC or HBO or something. It was always weirdly placed on network TV. To gory, too smart. They probably want to put in another vote in talent show or something.
It might get picked up by Amazon or Netflix:

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/hann...on-1201527355/

Quote:
“I know there have been discussions on a couple of fronts with Netflix and Amazon,” Fuller says. “But I believe our deal with Amazon precludes a Netflix component so I think Netflix, who has expressed interest and has expressed great enthusiasm for the show… I don’t think contractually with our Amazon contract, they can pick up the show.”

Amazon holds the rights to the first three seasons of “Hannibal,” so it would make most sense to bring new life to the show over there, as opposed to via Netflix or perhaps another network, such as NBC-owned cablers Syfy, USA or Esquire, which are all heavy on scripted dramas as of late. (As for those NBC Universal cable properties picking up his show, Fuller says he has not heard any rumblings.)
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2015, 10:55 AM   #72
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
Can't say I blame them for cancelling this. Most everyone I talked to said the show was "ok at best" and that this season has been terrible. I tried watching an episode of it and just couldn't do it.

Maybe NBC is going to get into the superhero shows.
1. You didn't talk to me.
2. Did you start with episode 1?
3. Oh please, more super hero garbage.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:45 PM   #73
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Maybe it is one of those friendships that ends after the disemboweling."
Old 07-05-2015, 02:51 AM   #74
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Last episode was awesome.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:58 AM   #75
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, the Hannibal on the Run aspect of the show ends, and in a very satisfying manner, I must say. Now they're moving on to the Red Dragon storyline to finish the season.

Despite my earlier criticisms, I really enjoyed the last few episodes and am looking forward to the next stretch. Sad to think that the show will end just as it's reaching a new peak.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:22 PM   #76
Yasa
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm disappointed that the crack team of zany nerds is back. I was hoping they were stepping away from the procedural CSI stuff for good.
Yasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:45 PM   #77
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

'You go through all this effort to eat your friend, and you overcook his penis,'

Heh, usually the lines in the show are very poetic, almost like the characters are taking to each other in poetry, but then you get Verger with a line like that. Hilarious.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:45 PM   #78
chid
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

These last two episodes have been action packed. I love Verger's plot line, and the way things have progressed. This has been a fantastic season.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:59 PM   #79
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, it's all over. I liked how they ended the Red Dragon story, and am satisfied with the last episode as a series finale.

I'm curious how everyone interpreted the post-credits scene. . . . I saw it as self-inflicted, possibly an offering to save her own life, but in this interview, Brian Fuller states his intention was different.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:23 PM   #80
chid
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I felt the same thing. After Will told her that meat was back on the menu, I felt that out of fear for Hannibal she did that. I like that it was left up to interpretation, and that there were 3 dinner settings.