Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #121
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Can someone explain Monday night CBS for me.

It seems to be popular but after spending way too many nights in a hotel and just wanting something on in the background I really don't understand these shows.

Does packing in 700 unfunny oneliners with a laugh track in a 30 minute show now equate to comedy?

2 Broke girls and the gay show are the worst for this but 2 and a half men is just as unfunny as well and HIMYM is basically a boring drama at this point.
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #122
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Does packing in 700 unfunny oneliners with a laugh track in a 30 minute show now equate to comedy?
It's been like that forever. Only now are good shows coming out that are changing it up. Just wait for the baby boomers to bite it and we'll see a shift as more and more people grow sick of that crap.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #123
Cowperson
CP Pontiff

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan6 View Post
anybody watching Elementary? I'm finding it quite entertaining
I've been liking Elementary quite a bit.

I am surprisingly loving Nashville as well. From what I've read, Nashville music industry insiders consider it fairly authentic and the music has been great.

I'm watching Chicago Fire still and find that okay. Not usually my thing but my DVR has room to keep me catching up and the story lines are interesting.

I'm watching Arrow. Still interesting.

Beauty and the Beast is starting to lose me.

I've dropped Revolution and Last Resort.

Cowperson
Old 10-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #124
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Arrow is great. Nashville is pretty good. Haven't caught the latest episode yet.

As unbelievable as Last Resort is, I really enjoy it. I prefer to turn my brain off sometimes when I watch TV.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #125
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
It's been like that forever. Only now are good shows coming out that are changing it up. Just wait for the baby boomers to bite it and we'll see a shift as more and more people grow sick of that crap.
See you say this, but The Big Bang Theory is huge among kids in Jr. High and High school.

I converted the one kid I work with to Community and some of these other shows, but I am only one man. I can't convert the entire dumb ass population.

It's a shame that almost all my friends/family don't watch any of the really good shows I watch (Parks and Rec, Community, Archer, for example), yet when I keep nagging them and tell them to watch it they do and then instantly love it.

Though the baby boomers are a huge reason why a lot of these garbage shows exist, the younger generation all love them too. Its that 20-30 demographic that like shows like Community (my opinion anyway and from everyone I know).
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #126
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I'm fighting the good fight too!
I recently got a big group of my friends hooked on the show, however they all watched pretty good tv already anyways. The thing is, our generation is useless cause we never watch TV shows as they air.

I'm hoping Netflix picks it up after NBC inevitably cuts it. Seems like it would be a good move on them.

FYI, Community got it's premire date: February 7th... Which we all know is actually October 19th.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote