Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2017, 01:06 PM   #121
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup, Cody is a dummy.
Jessica proposes a completely plausible scenario, and he's too in love with Alex to go through with it.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mass_nerder For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2017, 07:08 AM   #122
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jessica is a dummy too. What an unbelievably bad move to expose her temptation power to the house. They could've just laid low and acted all sad, got nominated, then right before the eviction used it and basically negated Paul's whole week of HOH. Now instead they've screwed over their only allies Mark and Elena who will certainly be targeted instead.
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:46 AM   #123
rumy
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Jessica is a dummy too. What an unbelievably bad move to expose her temptation power to the house. They could've just laid low and acted all sad, got nominated, then right before the eviction used it and basically negated Paul's whole week of HOH. Now instead they've screwed over their only allies Mark and Elena who will certainly be targeted instead.
I think Jessica's "Halting Hex" could be used on Mark and Elena too, if she wanted to.

I do agree that it was a bad move to leave Ramses up there instead of replacing him with a threat like Paul or Alex. At the very least, Ramses would have been a vote against Josh. Man I hate that Josh. He is so annoying.
rumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:14 AM   #124
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Those two idiots (Matt and Raven) hugging and celebrating when Paul won the HOH is a great example of how dumb so many people are at this game. What exactly are they celebrating- they didn't win squat. Kind of an oddball comparison, but it was identical to when cousin Eddie hugged his wife after Clark received his Christmas bonus...

Last edited by Flabbibulin; 07-28-2017 at 08:29 AM.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:15 AM   #125
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

They are celebrating that they are safe

Allies celebrate others hoh wins all the time
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:04 AM   #126
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Jessica exposing the halting hex to everyone was purely on emotion and wasn't a great move. She should've just kept quiet about it until the noms.

I think Jessica sees Alex as a threat to her relationship with Cody (not to mention how she's a good game player)
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:43 AM   #127
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
Jessica exposing the halting hex to everyone was purely on emotion and wasn't a great move. She should've just kept quiet about it until the noms.

I think Jessica sees Alex as a threat to her relationship with Cody (not to mention how she's a good game player)
But she didn't actually say how / exactly what it does. She doesn't want them to put them up this week at all so she can save for the next week.

It's a good bluff IMO. What does she gain from surprising them with a power that removes them ? Same end result
Jason14h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:04 PM   #128
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wednesday's episode is gonna be huge based on what has happened since Thursday.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:36 PM   #129
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Are you talking about tonight's episode? Because you posted that before it aired. If not that sounds like you're talking about the live feeds. Please spoiler live feed discussion. Thank you.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:49 PM   #130
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

I'm digging Elena's ruthlessness. Like it or not, the house is with Paul. Why openly side with Jody when they clearly don't give a #### about their allies. Jess outed her power and put a target square on Mark and Elena's back. Turning on Jody makes sense for Elena. And if mark won't join her, screw him.

Also, I thought right from the beginning Paul should roll the dice and nominate Jody. Force Jess to use the Hex. He thinks there'll be replacement nominees but it sounded to me like it would straight up cancel the eviction. Although I could be wrong and I'm too lazy to go find the exact hex wording.

But if he's got Elena on his side then that's only 3 people to worry about for next week becoming HOH.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:12 PM   #131
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

This is so dumb for BB and CBS. What is the point of the Veto comp now?

Production needs to just force Jess to use the Hex now. It should've been in tonight's episode. She's gonna use it no matter who wins veto. No way she leaves Cody up there to be evicted if she wins (unless she grows a brain before Thursday). And if Cody wins then she has to use it.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:52 AM   #132
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

So basically this week is a total write off as they will play the veto and even if one of Cody or Jessica wins the veto and takes one of them off she will still need to use the Hex and halt the eviction. Paul's HOH is only sort of wasted as using the Hex means Cody and Jessica have finally (never say never with this show) run out of get out of jail free cards. I think the show is probably ticked off Jessica announced the Hex to the contestants because it's kind of killed the week as there won't be any surprises, twists, or evictions.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:52 AM   #133
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
This is so dumb for BB and CBS. What is the point of the Veto comp now?

Production needs to just force Jess to use the Hex now. It should've been in tonight's episode. She's gonna use it no matter who wins veto. No way she leaves Cody up there to be evicted if she wins (unless she grows a brain before Thursday). And if Cody wins then she has to use it.
The season is scheduled for a cancelled eviction, it would either come from this temptation or later in the season. They plan these all the time.

I just don't understand why everyone is hanging onto Paul. You won't win if you ride his coat tails. And he is a good competitor and will likely beat you.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:56 AM   #134
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

Clearly I am in the minority just by reading the above but I thought it was a great move by Jessica to announce her Hex. She is running out of ideas to keep her and Cody safe, I thought it was a perfect play. I also really like how she said "couple of weeks".

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swayze11 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2017, 09:14 AM   #135
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
The season is scheduled for a cancelled eviction, it would either come from this temptation or later in the season. They plan these all the time.

I just don't understand why everyone is hanging onto Paul. You won't win if you ride his coat tails. And he is a good competitor and will likely beat you.
I'm not sure what your point is. This whole week is pointless now. Why even watch on Wednesday? Why even watch the first 40 mins Thursday? The show is pointless until after the Hex is used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayze11 View Post
Clearly I am in the minority just by reading the above but I thought it was a great move by Jessica to announce her Hex. She is running out of ideas to keep her and Cody safe, I thought it was a perfect play. I also really like how she said "couple of weeks".
I'm not sure if it matters much since they got nominated anyway. Jody have clearly shown they have no interest in working with anyone but Mark and even then, he just clings to Cody.

Nothing really changes whether Jess used it or not other than to stress out the other house guests while they wonder what the Hex is.

They've made zero effort to integrate themselves into the house and try and build a strong alliance. They both just sit around all the time complaining how stupid the rest of the house is for not trusting them and letting them do as they please.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:49 PM   #136
Simanium
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
It was almost a good move, but executed poorly. Instead of being wishy-washy about the Hex, she should have told Paul that eviction night would be cancelled if Jess and Cody were up. This would leverage Paul to put other people up, as he would prefer to get Mark or Elena out, rather than get no one out, waste his HOH and not be able to compete in the following HOH. And given Mark won the Temptation Challenge, Paul would likely have put up Elena, and someone from his side (Matt? he volunteered as a pawn), along with Jason. And if Cody, Jess or Mark won the Veto, they could pull down Elena and one of Paul's side would have to go home.

Last edited by Simanium; 07-31-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Simanium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simanium For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2017, 03:52 PM   #137
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well it's the Hex keeping them safe. All the announcement did was ensure Paul's nomination as the house wanted to know if the Hex thing was BS or legit. They will be safe this week of course but if they don't announce it and lay low it's possible that they may have been able to sneak by this week without using it which would have guaranteed them another safe week. Now they could be one and done as it's pretty clear neither of them have the social game to advance any further than the producers will take them.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:15 PM   #138
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Perhaps worth noting Jessica is not allowed to flat out lie about her Hex. She didn't have to reveal she had it, but once revealed the rules of BB forbid using "production strategy".

That is to say she's not allowed to try and influence noms by lying about her power. Also, other contestants can ask production in diary for clarifications.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:48 PM   #139
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

I actually feel sorry for Cody. I think he knows he's unhinged and can't control it.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:44 PM   #140
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I laughed so hard at his little headshake for the "Cody Cloud" introduction. He was having none of it.