Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-07-2020, 11:17 AM   #781
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

My daughter-in-law brought my grandbabies by today, for a visit, they sat in the car while I stood back and talked to them. I've missed them so, so much, it made my whole week.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 01:02 PM   #782
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtmac19 View Post
My daughter-in-law brought my grandbabies by today, for a visit, they sat in the car while I stood back and talked to them. I've missed them so, so much, it made my whole week.

CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 01:34 PM   #783
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

We watched Mamma Mia for the first time on the weekend. Now, I have ABBA songs on repeat in my head.

I almost posted this in the Gear Grinder thread, because this is both good and bad. Close call.
troutman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:37 PM   #784
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Like a lot of small businesses I’ve been really slow the last few weeks but I managed to get some contract work that I’m thankful for. A lot of it is delivering prescriptions for people stuck at home. They’ve been so grateful when I drop off their meds. I’m not religious but the man who told me, “God bless you” warmed my heart. Today I got a generous tip from someone I deliver to regularly. She’s an older woman who lives with her disabled son and a couple of dogs (who the meds were for). It’s nice to be appreciated.

Last edited by DownInFlames; 04-09-2020 at 05:46 PM.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2020, 06:59 PM   #785
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Got my bike all tuned up and the tires filled with air and took a pedal around my small town. when I got back my neighbour gave me a beer and said enjoy.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:51 PM   #786
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Like a lot of small businesses I’ve been really slow the last few weeks but I managed to get some contract work that I’m thankful for. A lot of it is delivering prescriptions for people stuck at home. They’ve been so grateful when I drop off their meds. I’m not religious but the man who told me, “God bless you” warmed my heart. Today I got a generous tip from someone I deliver to regularly. She’s an older woman who lives with her disabled son and a couple of dogs (who the meds were for). It’s nice to be appreciated.
Are you a courier? I know someone on here was but I can't remember who.

My mom's pharmacy is looking for more people to do deliveries. She was doing a lot herself since she's just part-time but the workload has been insane lately
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2020, 09:16 PM   #787
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Are you a courier? I know someone on here was but I can't remember who.

My mom's pharmacy is looking for more people to do deliveries. She was doing a lot herself since she's just part-time but the workload has been insane lately
I am. PM me and I can give you details.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:15 PM   #788
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
I am. PM me and I can give you details.
I texted her and she said they just hired two full time drivers to work right for them, but I asked her to keep me in the loop with how it's going and I'll shoot you a pm if they need anything else. They're just the owners laid off friends so might not be reliable and I doubt they're insured and whatnot. She'll inquire more for me on Monday when she goes in next
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2020, 10:53 AM   #789
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I made some fathead dough, and boy its pretty good. Is it as good as crunch thin crust pizza from Mio? No. Is it a way for me to enjoy really good pizza and not feel bad about 100 net carbs? Yes.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2020, 12:35 PM   #790
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
We watched Mamma Mia for the first time on the weekend. Now, I have ABBA songs on repeat in my head.

I almost posted this in the Gear Grinder thread, because this is both good and bad. Close call.

Thanks for the ear worm.
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 07:20 PM   #791
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

This was dinner for tonight. I was craving beef and No Frills had a good sale going on

And they say guys can't cook???

To begin with No Frills had a sale on boned in strip loin steak cut beef. They came 2 to a package.

To begin I seasoned the beef with salt and pepper. I then got a pan out and turned up the heat. When it was hot I added the beef along with some garlic butter and steak spice. While cooking I would scoup up the butter juices and pour it over the beef a few times on both sides until done.

On the side I did a baked potato and tossed some mushrooms and sliced white onions into a small pan with a bit of butter. As they sauted I added some teriyaki sauce to add flavour.

If that doesn't make you hungry, I don't know what will.

Last edited by Dion; 04-15-2020 at 07:26 PM.
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2020, 08:21 PM   #792
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
This was dinner for tonight. I was craving beef and No Frills had a good sale going on

To begin with No Frills had a sale on boned in strip loin steak cut beef. They came 2 to a package.

To begin I seasoned the beef with salt and pepper. I then got a pan out and turned up the heat. When it was hot I added the beef along with some garlic butter and steak spice. While cooking I would scoup up the butter juices and pour it over the beef a few times on both sides until done.

On the side I did a baked potato and tossed some mushrooms and sliced white onions into a small pan with a bit of butter. As they sauted I added some teriyaki sauce to add flavour.

If that doesn't make you hungry, I don't know what will.

You're hired!
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:49 PM   #793
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Well maybe when you were young, but now they don’t say that. Men are also frequently cooking, it’s not just women cooking anymore.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:57 AM   #794
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Novo watch in the watch thread reminded me of a bottle opener I own.

https://coolmaterial.com/home/machin...ottle-openers/

I picked up this exact bottle opener in a thrift store a few years ago. I knew what it was because I stumbled upon it in a random blog post in the past. I had no intention of acquiring it ever because it was a $40 USD bottle opener, but it was sitting in the key chain bin for a buck, so why not. Someone had replaced the leather with a key ring and I guess no one knew what it was. I almost couldn't run out of the store fast enough after paying for it.

The steel used in the Machine Era bottle opener is so beast and dense and I love the ridiculous weight and edges on on it. I quickly dug it up after being reminded of my ownership of it and started playing with it just now. There's just something I like about picking it up and just tossing it up and down in my hand to feel the weight of it in my hand.
DoubleF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 05:59 PM   #795
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Andrew Lloyd Webber showing his stage productions for free on YouTube right now makes me extremely happy. Bingeing on The Phantom of the Opera this weekend!
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2020, 01:43 PM   #796
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Walked 10 km today which feels amazing

Down 100 lbs from last June. Rewarding myself with a new monitor

Oh and getting baked

Last edited by White Out 403; 04-21-2020 at 02:28 PM.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2020, 01:13 PM   #797
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is probably just going to make me happy. But it makes me really happy.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...ote-product-2/

Quote:
Canada Goose will start making parkas with reclaimed fur in 2022 and stop purchasing new fur that same year in an effort to satisfy consumer demand, the company said.

Sorry boys. You'll have to take your psychopathic f'ed up hobby somewhere else ya creeps. Good riddance.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2020, 05:46 PM   #798
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

A couple years ago I put up a couple bird houses, one in our front yard and one in the back, with holes sized a little bit smaller than sparrow-sized with the hopes of attracting some small native birds to them, and it's been disappointing that nobody's moved in. I think the local sparrows are too bullying.
But the last couple weeks, there's been a pair of red shafted northern flickers hollowing out one of the dead sections of the tree in our front yard (surprisingly quietly!). The sparrows are trying to crowd them I think, in the hopes of discouraging them, but the sparrows don't dare get too close. It'll be exciting if they do nest there, they're one of my favorite local birds. I know my neighbours with wooden exteriors will be less thrilled.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2020, 10:36 AM   #799
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

After working two jobs all winter, it feels so fataing good to have my part time contract end. I am absolutely loving having evenings open for activities other than working/ procrastinating and feeling guilty about it.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:46 AM   #800
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
A couple years ago I put up a couple bird houses, one in our front yard and one in the back, with holes sized a little bit smaller than sparrow-sized with the hopes of attracting some small native birds to them, and it's been disappointing that nobody's moved in. I think the local sparrows are too bullying.
But the last couple weeks, there's been a pair of red shafted northern flickers hollowing out one of the dead sections of the tree in our front yard (surprisingly quietly!). The sparrows are trying to crowd them I think, in the hopes of discouraging them, but the sparrows don't dare get too close. It'll be exciting if they do nest there, they're one of my favorite local birds. I know my neighbours with wooden exteriors will be less thrilled.
Swallows have not returned yet. Tree Swallows will often occupy houses that sparrows can't fit in to. Don’t have a perch by the hole.

House Sparrows are the worst. Non-native invasive species. I have a bird feeder they can't use because it has no perches.

Last edited by troutman; 05-06-2020 at 05:53 PM.
troutman is online now   Reply With Quote