Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #41
hah
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've had problems texting and receiving calls at the Dome with an iphone 4 (telus) my wife had no problems with her BB (telus).

Maybe Telus should spend money on improving the signal in/to the Dome instead of handing out cardboard helmets board/scoreboard/ice ads and giveaways.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #42
Off The Crossbar
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hah View Post
Maybe Telus should spend money on improving the signal in/to the Dome instead of handing out cardboard helmets board/scoreboard/ice ads and giveaways.
Haha those cardboard helmets were pretty funny... but yes some improved signal strength would be nice
Off The Crossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #43
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
And it's a useless response. The original poster didn't ask your opinion on the iPhone he asked about an issue he was having. Considering the fact he has an iPhone already would lead me to believe he likes them.

And then you go on to try and provoke another user because he likes something that you don't like. I wish there was a dislike button for posts like yours.
no... but there is an ignore button!
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #44
hah
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My Iphone 4 had problems all night at the Dome. Could not receive calls, texts, or internet. My wife's BB worked without problems once again, sitting side by side.

Wish Telus would fix the problem.

Last night they handed out mini thunder sticks.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:58 PM   #45
FlamesPuck12
First Line Centre

Exp:

As for the original post, the phone works now 75% of the time.

It seems like the problem was the traffic on the cell tower. Either Bell upgraded their tower or there's less traffic on the tower (such as first years who dropped out of university after 2 months).
FlamesPuck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:47 PM   #46
Off The Crossbar
Farm Team Player

Exp:

This may seem crazy... But I was at the hitmen game last Friday and I was in the second row of section 106, where I usually sit for all the hitmen games, and my iphone was working perfectly. I have never had a problem when sitting there. Every time I am in my Flames seats, section 224, it's like my phone is broken and can't send/receive a signal.

Is it only in specific areas in the dome that this crap is happening? It is most frustrating
Old 11-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #47
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesPuck12 View Post
As for the original post, the phone works now 75% of the time.

It seems like the problem was the traffic on the cell tower. Either Bell upgraded their tower or there's less traffic on the tower (such as first years who dropped out of university after 2 months).
I have/had same exact issue too. Except it is only in EnCana place, and on Virgin (Bell). Was like this for the last month, could not even get email. Then today it just started working fine. We will see for how long tho...
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #48
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

We have the same issue a lot of time in Cochrane. We're with Telus. The HSPA network seems to be flaky at best. My wife went back to her BB Curve on CDMA and hasn't had an issue since.
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #49
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have had the same problem outside of the McMahon after a Stamps game...for me it's a "Back to the Future moment" as I had the same problem in the mid 90's when I first got a cell phone...once Telus and Bell build out their HSPA networks this will abate, but it's obvious that the infrastructure isn't up to the amount of handsets out there.
Julio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:10 AM   #50
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off The Crossbar View Post
This may seem crazy... But I was at the hitmen game last Friday and I was in the second row of section 106, where I usually sit for all the hitmen games, and my iphone was working perfectly. I have never had a problem when sitting there. Every time I am in my Flames seats, section 224, it's like my phone is broken and can't send/receive a signal.

Is it only in specific areas in the dome that this crap is happening? It is most frustrating
Same thing happens to me in the dome. I was in Section 216, but found out we were actually in 214, so we moved over to 216 (I think these were the sections, they were right next to each other) and it didn't work at all, but it worked perfectly before.

I have the same problem at Mt.Royal, some places it is perfect and some places it doesn't work.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #51
Off The Crossbar
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Well it makes me feel better that it is the network and not my phone. When I got my iphone a year ago (when the network was just launched with Telus) I had all kinds of problems with dropped calls no matter where I was. I guess we just have to wait for Telus to imrove the new network.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #52
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

HSPA is down in Cochrane. I'm with Telus and haven't had service for a few days. My ex-wife, her husband and step son are all with Bell, and no service as well. This is the 5th time in the past two weeks.
I'm going to have to dig up my old BB curve and port my number back to Rogers. This is brutal.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:34 AM   #53
Off The Crossbar
Farm Team Player

Exp:

That is brutal. I thought Telus was supposed to have the best coverage out here in the West (Well better than Roger's I thought)
Old 11-23-2010, 11:20 AM   #54
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yep, lost service halfway through a call with my brother last night. I just disconnected, and then I couldn't call or text anyone for the rest of the night. Does anyone know if I can activate my Rogers phone onto Fido?
Old 11-30-2010, 08:22 AM   #55
Off The Crossbar
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22 View Post
Yep, lost service halfway through a call with my brother last night. I just disconnected, and then I couldn't call or text anyone for the rest of the night. Does anyone know if I can activate my Rogers phone onto Fido?
You would need to jailbreak and unlock your phone to be able to activate it on a different network. I have a jailbroken 3GS but I have never tried to unlock it.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:03 PM   #56
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't Fido and Rogers use the same network anyways? So if Rogers was being crap won't Fido be crap?
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote