Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2007, 05:17 PM   #21
FlamesPuck12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hmm Thanks for your input you guys...
By the way I'm trying to create a Live Account but after I enter my Live account email address it says Xbox Live sign up is currently unavailable.

Anyone know how to solve this or is this just their server problem?
FlamesPuck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:17 PM   #22
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

i also play tiger woods alot...2007 right now.

i like the burnout series too.

when you need to check ratings...i use http://www.metacritic.com and Official XBox magazine.

once you get your xbox live up and running...i highly recommend going to the download section and downloading some games there to try out. i found a few that i otherwise wouldn't have purchased like blazing angels.

regarding gh3...i like the controller better but i like the set lists on gh2 better. that's just me.

i really like halo 3 so i also recommend that. its a good game.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:47 AM   #23
FlamesPuck12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sweet, just found out I'm eligible for 1 month of free Live Gold.
I tried playing NHL 08 and man it is so fun chatting with a friend while you play a game against them...

Anyway, I thought Calgary Puck had a league? Does anyone know the name of it?
Old 12-28-2007, 01:53 AM   #24
FlamesPuck12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Also, does anyone own these following games? If so, can you give me your opinions on them?

Halo 3 (I heard positive reviews for this game so I might purchase this one next)
CoD 4 (Same as Halo 3, might be interested in purchasing this as well)
GH3 (Another good game)
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Bioshock
Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed
Old 12-28-2007, 11:08 AM   #25
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got into CoD 4 last night. Man was that fun, next thing I know its 1:30 AM. There is some good players on there though.

I recommend this game for sure!!
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:15 PM   #26
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobyhy View Post
Also, does anyone own these following games? If so, can you give me your opinions on them?

Halo 3 (I heard positive reviews for this game so I might purchase this one next)
CoD 4 (Same as Halo 3, might be interested in purchasing this as well)
GH3 (Another good game)
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Bioshock
Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed
Halo 3 - I'm new to the HALO universe, but it was a great game, especially with 4 players on Legendary (hardest difficulty). Still need lots of practice to play online. Story good, graphic good, all around great game.

COD4 - If you have a fancy HD-TV, COD 4 is really pretty. Intense game, and has a great feel that you are right in the middle of the action. Pretty realistic as well. Like others have said, COD4 really shines on muliplayer, but I haven't had too much experience in it yet. Gold XBOX live membershop recommended if you get this game. Still if you play single player only, you'll have fun with it. Graphics great, short single player story, even better if played with surround sound and big screen HD TV

GH3 - Get a guitar if you buy it. Great songs. Hard to find in stores right now.

Oblivion - If you like RPG games and you can only get 1 game, I say pick Oblivion, just because of the amount of game time you'll need to finish everything. However, it does get kind of repetive if you are not a fan of RPGs, as it's pretty much questing and levelling up your character. Non online play.

Bioshock - Amazing story with very deep undertones. It's like playing a movie. FPS with RPG elements, in terms that you get different powers and additions. Replay value lower though compared to other games in my opinion, but still well worth the time I spent with it. Again, graphic and sonud good. No online. Great story

Mass Effect - New, haven't erally played it yet. It's unique for it's conversation system, where your responses and even timing (you can interrupt people at anytime) determines the game's response. Squad based shooter with RPG elements. Looks pretty so far, and had a lot of hype.

Assassin's Creed - Didn't like the "twist" in the first minute of the game, but I guess it helps makes things more logical. Really cool crowd control and environments are really cool. You play a really acrobatic character, so you can clmib buildings, dive into hay bundles. Very nice game. Haven't played it much, but it seems quite popular. Not for muliplayer.

As a fun recommendation, I have always been a fan of the Hitman Games. Good stress relief game. There is a good feeling of committing the perfect "accident" on your target with no one the wiser.

Hope this helps
Old 12-28-2007, 02:17 PM   #27
FlamesPuck12
First Line Centre

Exp:

^^^
Thanks for the great review. By the way anyone know the CP League on NHL 08?
Old 12-28-2007, 03:53 PM   #28
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobyhy View Post
^^^
Thanks for the great review. By the way anyone know the CP League on NHL 08?
Was closed no one really played
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:33 PM   #29
FlamesPuck12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesKickAss View Post
Was closed no one really played
We should make another one... I thought alot of people from CP played NHL 08 on Xbox