Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-15-2020, 11:02 PM   #381
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sarah has said in interviews that a lot of her gender bias talk was laying out the groundwork to get jury votes before final tribal council, and partially fueled by hearing from Natalie that Boston Rob was trashing her game hard on the edge after she got him out.

I don't think what she said was entirely true. Amount of male/female winners was evenly split in the first 25 seasons, only 3 in the last 15 but were there any instances of a strong female getting robbed? Maybe Chrissy should have won over Ben, but other than that it's just been coincidence that better male players were cast.

The best part of that was seeing Jeff be self-aware and acknowledge some of his bias and mancrushing in the past.

Michele is the only person in this cast who hasn't been voted out in her multiple seasons, she should be proud of her game - she's almost like a modern-day Sandra, but can win comps too.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2020, 03:17 PM   #382
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great article on camp life.

https://www-theringer-com.cdn.amppro...-survivor-week
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2020, 01:19 PM   #383
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
I still don't get Ben's play. You're playing for 2 million............don't just give up when it's down to 5!!

I also didn't like Rob's question to Natalie about doing the fire challenge to take out Tony........sure, if she beats him she could have won the entire thing, maybe, but if she loses she has a 0% chance to win. I think she made the right call, hope that Sarah beats Tony and take your chances that you can beat Sarah in the final.

My poor Michele didn't even get a vote. Rightly so, but I always feel embarrassed for players that happens to, Jeff is reading the final votes and she has to just sit there and smile. Sucks.

Hope they do a Youtube video or something soon with interviews with all the players, would love to get some thoughts and answers to questions, tonight was over so abruptly it just feels wrong.

Overall, the right player won. If you're playing the winner's season and you don't get a single vote against you you've done something right. Great game by Tony.
I actually think Michelle should have gotten some votes. She saved her butt twice by winning immunity and she always seemed to be on the bottom. I would have voted for her.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:24 PM   #384
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean31 View Post
I actually think Michelle should have gotten some votes. She saved her butt twice by winning immunity and she always seemed to be on the bottom. I would have voted for her.
Over Tony! She was pretty good but there is ZERO argument she was better than Tony. She was the classic "bring her for an easy win"
Old 05-22-2020, 03:30 PM   #385
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I read on article on my phone the other day where Natalie was saying that the person coming back from EOE this season was pretty much doomed to begin with just based on the caliber of players, saying it was highly unlikely they would vote for someone who played so little of the actual game.

The bottom line is Natalie had the chance to win the game in her hands and she passed on it, if she beat Tony in fire she wins. No doubt about it.

If she doesn't, she loses. No doubt about it. Should have taken the chance.

I do agree with her that the person coming back from EoE has it tough, but as they should.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:52 PM   #386
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
The bottom line is Natalie had the chance to win the game in her hands and she passed on it, if she beat Tony in fire she wins. No doubt about it.

If she doesn't, she loses. No doubt about it. Should have taken the chance.

I do agree with her that the person coming back from EoE has it tough, but as they should.
I'm so glad she didn't win. That would have really, really tainted this entire season of Survivor. How can you be the winner of winners, sitting out any portion of the game? If she had won, I do wonder what it would have done to Survivor's reputation, going forward.
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2020, 08:17 PM   #387
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Here's how EoE would work if I was in charge.

With a 20 person starting cast, the first 6 to EoE get a Battle Back. Bottom 3 finishers are out, 2nd and 3rd stay on EoE, winner comes back in and the tribes are randomly swapped to 3 teams of 5.

When 4 more players are sent to EoE, Battle Back #2 happens. Again, bottom 3 are out, 2nd and 3rd stay on EoE, and the winner is back in. Winner joins the merge (12 players).

When 4 more are eliminated, the final Battle Back happens. Winner is back in (9 players left) and the other 5 become the first members of the jury.

On weeks without a battle back, EoE players can earn fire tokens, or do other things to influence the game.

With EoE over with 9 players left, there is still lots of game play left. Plus, the EoE battle back players had to endure a lot more to make it back.
mikephoen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:20 PM   #388
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Great article by a great Survivor writer. 20 best duos of all time

https://insidesurvivor.com/the-20-gr....co/wiaAsWpFUv
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 06:41 PM   #389
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just noticed that Hulu has all the seasons of survivor on it right now. My wife of course wanted to watch the one where Rob and Amber first meet. It’s funny to see how their relationship develops as the season goes on.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:03 PM   #390
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I always liked Ambuh as a player, I thought she was very cagey and strategic.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:55 PM   #391
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rupert is the age I am now on the show which I think is crazy.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:44 PM   #392
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone watch Survivor AU? I am currently watching the most recent season and it's awesome! I actually think it might be better than the US version. Uncensored swearing, tougher physical competitions, and episode 3 was one of the best tribals I have ever seen. I went in thinking it would be a low budget knockoff but it's at least on par IMO. I watched the previous season last summer.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:45 PM   #393
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

What platform are you watching it on?
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 12:03 AM   #394
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
What platform are you watching it on?

as far as I know its the only way
Old 06-07-2020, 04:16 PM   #395
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

It took me longer than I would like to admit to get this post.

What, it’s on Disney+? ... ohhhhhhhhh
Old 08-29-2020, 10:28 AM   #396
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.tmz....all-star-died/

Survivor Cagayan contestant Cliff Robinson passed away at age 53
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to savardandjokinen For This Useful Post: