Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2019, 04:43 PM   #2961
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

This looks crazy.

KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2019, 05:49 PM   #2962
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I heard a rumour that Netflix is starting to crackdown this year on users who share accounts. Apparently they are going to be monitoring where the users are accessing Netflix from and at what times and denying access to shared accounts.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:10 PM   #2963
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I heard a rumour that Netflix is starting to crackdown this year on users who share accounts. Apparently they are going to be monitoring where the users are accessing Netflix from and at what times and denying access to shared accounts.
I think that would be hard as hell to enforce. I pay for the 4 streams UHD and Netflix is on 3 phones, 3 iPads, 3 Apple TVs, 1 fire tv and a roku. 7 of those devices travel around Canada with the phones, iPads and fire tv. Depending on where I am for work I could be accessing it in Toronto at a hotel while my daughter is watching it in Calgary at my mother in laws house while my wife or son is watching it at home.

I do however understand why they would do this as you can see people actually sell Netflix accounts that are shared.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:59 PM   #2964
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post

I thought this was something that Netflix condoned, although didn't openly encourage it.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:26 AM   #2965
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2019, 08:14 AM   #2966
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
This looks amazing.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:16 AM   #2967
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Now don't effing cancel it!
Old 01-11-2019, 08:31 AM   #2968
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Boy they really captured the spirit of Jigsaw with that tiny cheek scar. How monstrous!
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2019, 08:46 AM   #2969
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I don't think they needed to go as far as they did in the Punisher movie but somewhere in between would have been good.

Other than that the trailer looks great.

Spoiler!
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:16 PM   #2970
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Netflix Canada Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
This looks amazing.

I don’t know, looks a little far fetched to me. Seriously don’t the know how vehicles fall of bridges?

spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:14 PM   #2971
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Needs more explosions
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:19 PM   #2972
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Anyone watching this?
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:28 PM   #2973
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Anyone watching this?
Yes, me and the wife enjoyed it.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:13 PM   #2974
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched the first 2 episodes of You. It's ok, but definitely has a CW teenage TV feel
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:42 PM   #2975
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
This looks crazy.

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Traditional_Ale For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 07:44 PM   #2976
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

^All joking aside, though, that Velvet Buzzsaw movie looks freaking amazing. I'm not into horror movies at all (I couldn't even make it through Alien: Covenant. Hell, when 28 weeks later came out I walked out of the movie theater in the first five minutes) but I will for sure be checking this out! Thanks for the heads up!

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:13 AM   #2977
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

For those who love police crime and detective drama, Netflix has lots of amazing shows, some that are quite well hidden

The Fall 7/10 Thoroughly depressing, starts to get less believable in the last season and the suspense disappears with it.

The Killing 1/10 (how is this rated 71% on RT, who is dumb enough to like it???) most cliched and poorly written crime drama I have ever seen. It's as if some writer learned about plot twists in school, but did not learn about how to build them and how to use them sparingly. Put a half assed plot twist and 'discovery' at the halfway point of the episode, pull a full assed plot twist and reveal at the end, without ever leading up to it or even foreshadowing. Hey look, the girl has a teacher that we have not seen in the show at all yet that had contact with her that could be the killer! Let's get him! Oh no, it's not him, it could be this other random guy we just found out about in the last minute! Argghh, this show was so bad.

Hidden Valley 8/10. Started off quite strong, and gets pretty creepy at times. It can be a bit slow at times for sure though.

Broadchurch 9/10 Amazing show, I dropped it down because of season 2's farce of a side plot (you will know which when watching) that was only there to fill the season up while the main case was happening.

Line of Duty 10/10 This is the best show I have ever seen, and that includes Breaking Bad. It follows an anti-corruption squad around trying to capture crooked cops. So good and insane, and very well written. Just when you think something is slowly falling apart, something insane and totally unexpected happens (think near GoT red wedding shock factor) that raises the stakes 100 times and that's by episode 2...I love how you can pick out small things from season 1 that hints at later situations and character reveals (that when you go back to to the season it all makes sense)
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:14 AM   #2978
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
For those who love police crime and detective drama, Netflix has lots of amazing shows, some that are quite well hidden

The Fall 7/10 Thoroughly depressing, starts to get less believable in the last season and the suspense disappears with it.

The Killing 1/10 (how is this rated 71% on RT, who is dumb enough to like it???) most cliched and poorly written crime drama I have ever seen. It's as if some writer learned about plot twists in school, but did not learn about how to build them and how to use them sparingly. Put a half assed plot twist and 'discovery' at the halfway point of the episode, pull a full assed plot twist and reveal at the end, without ever leading up to it or even foreshadowing. Hey look, the girl has a teacher that we have not seen in the show at all yet that had contact with her that could be the killer! Let's get him! Oh no, it's not him, it could be this other random guy we just found out about in the last minute! Argghh, this show was so bad.
I agree with your the fall rating.

I fully disagree on the killing.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 09:16 AM   #2979
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

For Football fans, season 2 of QB1 just went live last week

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:51 AM   #2980
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Anyone watching this?
Not me, but this girl I really like at the gym is watching it every night before bed.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flabbibulin For This Useful Post: