Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2023, 11:53 PM   #1
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default Tell me Cypress Hills?

Wife always name drops Cypress Hills for a place to check out. Thinking of spending a few nights there for her birthday (hotel/resort/cabin, not camping). But…it’s pretty damn big and I could use some tips on best places to stay, areas to check out etc.

Would be looking for late May, so already probably SOL. Toddler in tow, hiking and chilling in the to-do list.

Cheers.
Old 05-12-2023, 12:07 AM   #2
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

sure! i had GPT answer that as if they were the band, Cyprus Hill.

A'ight, buckle up, here's the ####in' lowdown. Cypress Hills, ain't just our sound, it's a goddamn playground. Up in Canada, north of the border, Alberta and Saskatchewan, sharing the order.

This place ain't no run-of-the-mill, it's the highest point, giving you that thrill. Between the Rockies and Labrador, nature's bounty in full hardcore. Forests, wetlands, hills that roll, it's a wild-ass symphony, pure rock and roll.

History's deep, like our bassline beat, indigenous roots, ain't that sweet? Before the Europeans, came to hang, North-West Rebellion, went out with a bang.

You wanna visit? ####, you should. Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park, it's all good. Hike, fish, ride, or just chill, under the Canadian sky, get your fill.

Dark Sky Preserve, it's a sight to behold, starry vistas, brave and bold. And when you're done, and need some rest, The Resort at Cypress Hills is the best. Cabins, townhouses, rooms so fine, sleep under the stars, sip that wine.

And if you're up for an outdoor stay, pitch a tent, do it your way. Elkwater, Maple Creek, pick your spot, campfire vibes, smoking hot.

Cypress Hills, ain't just a name, it's a goddamn journey, not a game. So pack your bags, don't be a fool, Cypress Hills, it's the golden rule.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 02:58 AM   #3
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Damn new album gonna be dope y'all.

"Nature's bounty in full hardcore" that's some gangsta #### there.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 06:15 AM   #4
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Cypress Hills is great. We usually stay at the resort every year or two. Great hiking trails. We took the kids horseback riding there last fall. Lots to do there in the summer. Not terribly expensive.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2023, 06:34 AM   #5
Geraldsh
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The campsite I stayed in there is the same elevation as Banff, nice place.
Geraldsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 07:26 AM   #6
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Elkwater is the only place to stay on the AB side, and other than Air BnB, I think the Elkwater Lodge is the only place to stay. That makes it all really easy because you don't have to choose.

We really enjoyed our stay there though. Nice town to explore for a few days. Note it does get busier on the weekends, so if you can go midweek it's super quiet.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 08:07 AM   #7
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Alberta side is fun, but Saskatchewan side is next level. It's reminiscent of that weird vacation place from Dirty Dancing. Bring bikes because you can rip around on paths everywhere. It's so chill and fun there and makes for a really inexpensive vacation.

We rented off-road Segweys and did a big tour a few years ago. That was a highlight.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 09:39 AM   #8
sketchyt
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

It's not something you spend a ton of time on but I was blown away by the sand dunes out there.

It's such a unique area in this part of the world. You're used to seeing greenery, prairie landscapes.... and then out of nowhere, WTF the Sahara???

Worth the effort IMO.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 11:34 AM   #9
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Sweet, thanks guys. Sounds like it’s pretty cool, might stay at the ‘resort at Cypress Hills’ and toddle around a bit.
Old 05-12-2023, 11:43 AM   #10
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I went there when I was in university. I took a field biology course and we camped there for a week to study wildlife. I didn't get the full tourist experience and spent the entire time in the woods, but it is a really beautiful place and a unique ecosystem in Canada. If you are into nature, I am sure you will love it.